Boardmasters 2009 (Newquay early august)

Guest frankp

so on the friday it's the streets headlining with Roots Manuva, Dan le Sac vs Scroobius Pip, The King Blues and Master Shortie.

and on the saturday it's cypress hill headlining.

Apparently there are going to be three stages again this year and I am sure they'll be looking to get radio 1 back down. weather permiting it will be really good ;-)

we have booked a holiday in newquay this year, that starts on the saturday so hoping to get down there.

Only thing is we want to take our lad who will be 11 at the time, not really wanting to pay a full price ticket for him. Anyone know what the security is like, do you think a small 11 y-old would get in for free (under 6??)

I know its unlikely, would be a good first gig for him!!

Security last year wasn't too bad as far as I remember (was pretty drunk :lol:), and on the gates bit there was just a couple lasses taking tickets and giving you a wrist band. All seemed chilled out etc so he might be ok.

Just waiting for a couple more announcements now.. whose gonna be under Cypress for example.

What a great festival this. Id go again except this years line up isnt really my cup of tea.

There was next to no security for the second day last year, but maybe that was because it was like somesort of freak cyclone/ hurricane/ ridiculous storm hitting cornwall at that time which caused my tent to sink. But i doubt they wud ask for proof of a childs age, it was also easy to sneak the odd alcoholic drink in too. Pity for the 2nd day because the first day was unbelievably really hot and one of the best festivals ive been to. great atmosphere there

• 2 weeks later...

this is my first boardmasters this year; really looking forward too it.

When do you need accomodation in enwquay booked for roughly to make sure you actually get some?

• 2 weeks later...

a bit more clarity on the stages and a few more bands.

main stage has the previously announced names of the streets, calvin harris, roots manuva, cypress hill etc.

the relentless indoor stage has fionn regan, noisettes, filthy dukes, chew lips, Tommy Sparks, fanfarlo, etc

the vans stage has ghost of a thousand, hexes, turbowolf, the computers,etc

I'm happy to see an indoor stage. I doubt the weather will be like last year but it'll be a good option just in case.

• 3 weeks later...

Almost all the lineup has been announced apart from a few names for the friday second stage and the local/unsigned stage.

FULL UP TO DATE LINEUP

Friday Main Stage

The Streets

Calvin Harris

Roots Manuva

The King Blues

Ash Grunwald

Master Shortie

Friday Relentless Stage

Pete And The Pirates

Fionn Regan

Wallis Bird