GAS CANISTERS BANNED!

Guest zeppelin

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, how dare people want to not get burnt to death in their tent on sunday night.

But anyways, I don't think it'll make much difference, the festival just attracts the wrong crowd. I don't know why, it doesn't have that different a line-up to things like t in the park or V or some of the glastonbury stuff. And it's not because they have a metal/heavy day, as download apparently has a fairly well behaved corwd compared to Leeds/Reading. The most worrying thing is surely there's only so many more years of riots at the end before the council just turn round and say it's not happening.

Some will say it was inevitable, but that doesn't make me any more understanding. Frankly I'd prefer 2005's security to no gas.

How much are solid fuel blocks, but far more importantly how big and heavy? I ask this because I have, without question, the smallest gas stove in the world, and this really will make a difference to what I can carry. I'm traditionally the smug one who manages to fit all of his stuff and everything everyone else should have brought but didn't think about, everything the group needs, all of my food plus sleeping bag and tent in the rucksack, and still left with two hands free to help carry wood and booze. I don't want this to change. :P

EDIT: If this only applies to Reading I would seriously consider doing Leeds, bar the persuading everyone else to go oop North part.

Edited by kittycat100

We got one for about a fiver with one pack of fuel and a second pack for about 3 quid.

#

It folds up super small and fits inside one of the rectangular cooking pans.

We bought a cheap pan too and drilled holes round the bottom and put the burner in it as it helped as a wind break and made it much more effective.

It took about 4 tablets to cook 6-8 sausages pretty quickly, but you need to get the hang of when to add extra ones - doing 6 at once for example gives you loads of heat for a very short amount of time!

We got one for about a fiver with one pack of fuel and a second pack for about 3 quid.

#

It folds up super small and fits inside one of the rectangular cooking pans.

We bought a cheap pan too and drilled holes round the bottom and put the burner in it as it helped as a wind break and made it much more effective.

It took about 4 tablets to cook 6-8 sausages pretty quickly, but you need to get the hang of when to add extra ones - doing 6 at once for example gives you loads of heat for a very short amount of time!

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/camping-equipm.../COREACABACC037

Thanks for that, looks like I'll be going that way too this year :lol:

The only problem is getting hold of the tablets on site won't be as easy as getting hold of gas was. Meaning I'll be needing to bring lots, especially seeing as fewer people will have one of those than gas things, meaning my gourmet cooking will have to serve more people.

And also (not meaning to show off TOO much) that still looks about four times the size of my gas stove :D

Don't get me wrong, the gas canister itself is... well... we all know the size of those. But the stove alone is definately smaller, and gas canisters were far easier to get hold of on site, and for (take a deep breath and make sure you're sat down for this) remotely fair prices.

This isn't my one but it's the same concept. The three arms have a hinge in the middle so they fold flat into the circle, and the circular bit detaches from the plastic bit (or at least mine does). With a gas canister (N.B not cylinder) attached it's surprisingly sturdy too.

http://www.outdoorsmagic.com/news/article/mps/uan/5140

I look forward to seeing the keys in the post :lol:

Edited by beLIEveR

Yeah, how dare people want to not get burnt to death in their tent on sunday night.

But anyways, I don't think it'll make much difference, the festival just attracts the wrong crowd. I don't know why, it doesn't have that different a line-up to things like t in the park or V or some of the glastonbury stuff. And it's not because they have a metal/heavy day, as download apparently has a fairly well behaved corwd compared to Leeds/Reading. The most worrying thing is surely there's only so many more years of riots at the end before the council just turn round and say it's not happening.

pissed off that idiots have ruined things for the majority here. I can understand why this action has been taken but annoyed at every fecker who has made this happen. It's not the case at other festivals simply because people can behave. I will miss my pot noodle after a long day watching the bands! :lol:

Don't get me wrong, the gas canister itself is... well... we all know the size of those. But the stove alone is definately smaller, and gas canisters were far easier to get hold of on site, and for (take a deep breath and make sure you're sat down for this) remotely fair prices.

This isn't my one but it's the same concept. The three arms have a hinge in the middle so they fold flat into the circle, and the circular bit detaches from the plastic bit (or at least mine does). With a gas canister (N.B not cylinder) attached it's surprisingly sturdy too.

http://www.outdoorsmagic.com/news/article/mps/uan/5140

I look forward to seeing the keys in the post :)