Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

27 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I don't want to complain about Indian street food places vending their wares wrapped in tortillas on every page of this thread, but this place is definitely guilty.

Have you mentioned this before then Calgon?  Can't remember... :lol:

7 minutes ago, Quark said:

You have my attention! I'll be making a beeline for this one, purely on the basis that I know nothing about Nigerian food :P

I'm on the hunt for other stall self confirmations.

Surprised there aren't more out there at the moment!

9 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

Is it a Yorkshire wedding? http://www.market-wraps.co.uk/ do a speciality Yorkshire pudding wrap containing a roast dinner! Would love them to be at Glastonbury!

I love market wraps! The roast dinner wrap is pretty special. They're on the list already. It is a shame they don't seem to do Glastonbury (unless I've missed them?)

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Hmmmm....what do they mean by "dosa wrap"?

Old_El_Paso_8_Flour_Tortillas_326__07553

Definitely not those, it was closer to a pancake, but slightly crispy. No, not a fucking findus crispy pancake. Anyway, was lovely and sorted me right out before a spot of Artie G's poetry. Should have kept some of the paneer to block my ears, but there you go.

I'm currently on a massive Georgian food binge (i say, currently, it's been going on for the last decade). Business opportunity there for festivals, Hachipuri and hinkali. Absolute goer.

3 minutes ago, Untz said:

I really want a Crispy Pancake now. Deep fried.

Thought crossed my mind too Untz.  Cheese one though.

Can you imagine being able ot get hold of one of those on-site at stupid o'clock in the morning?  Deep fried munchies heaven.

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

I'm on the hunt for other stall self confirmations.

Surprised there aren't more out there at the moment!

My best mate's stall is back - Gilcombe Farm, pretty sure Biblos is back too - someone mentioned something the other day

I'll keep my ear to the ground

27 minutes ago, Quark said:

Thought crossed my mind too Untz.  Cheese one though.

Can you imagine being able ot get hold of one of those on-site at stupid o'clock in the morning?  Deep fried munchies heaven.

Do they still do the cheese and ham ones? I want one of them.

I'm always up for a bit of deep fried processed food after a drink.

24 minutes ago, Ducky89 said:

Fried plantain > Sweet potato fries > Chips

Sweet potato is fucking awful and needs to be eradicated for daring to insult the good name of potato.

Not that into plantain either, but I'll let it off.

23 hours ago, naughtygeorgie said:

So does anyone know what the samosa stall in Avalon last year was called?  Seriously the absolute best vegi samosa I've ever eaten, almost cured the ill effects of Friday night shenanigans when had for breakfast late Saturday morning.  It certainly cured my near hulk-out when the "hanger" got the better of me in the long ass queue!

If its the one I'm thinking of (down at the bottom on corner exit to WH) it was lovely. bought a mix from their ate them all and immediately went back and had seconds :)

3 hours ago, Quark said:

You have my attention! I'll be making a beeline for this one, purely on the basis that I know nothing about Nigerian food :P

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Mostly stews and rice dishes innit?  Likewise definitely going to check it out.

Fingers crossed that they have an authentic Pepper Soup.  Easily my favourite food when I was there.  Can be very spicy :) 

Jollof Rice, Suya (chicken cooked over charcoal like satay) and fried plantain were also good.

Yep, lots of different stews from the really nice to the almost inedible.  Can't remember any of their names though.

9 minutes ago, naughtygeorgie said:

Pretty sure we're talking the same stall..any idea of the name?  I'll be seeking them out again...all other veg samosa have been spoiled for me since that day!  Utterly sublime. The OH had a mix box too which was quite excellent but that samosa...

Man now I want samosa!

no - will check my photos later when at home. Ohhh one of the samosas for lunch would be perfect mmmmmmmmm  (insert Homer Simpson drooling gif :) )