Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

I always budget £20/day for food. That breaks down as:

• £4 for breakfast
  • £5 for lunch
  • £6 for dinner
  • £5 for snacks (e.g. doughnuts and corn on the cob...not at the same time)

I rarely spend a fiver on snacks but do sometimes spend £7 on dinner (if it looks really nice).

I remember my boyfriend got a lovely moroccon chicken and cous cous dish from somewhere down near Healing/Green fields last year. I had been impatient and just grabbed some potato wedges 10 mins earlier. :D His meal looked so good. It was at the upper end of the scale though on price where as my wedges probably cost £3/4 tops!

haha love the organisation!

Me and my friends chip in a fiver each on the way there and go slightly insane in the budget section of the supermarket! We buy cereal (perfect with fresh farm milk :D ), crisps, bickies and all sorts of artery clogging shite but it stops us spending too much there. We always have food left over. So breakfast and lunch is junk and we get a nice evening meal.

I spend £20 a day but a tenner of that is on Brothers. about £6 on a meal and £4 on pieces of plastic crap like the bubble pipe I bought last year that completely and utterly transformed my life!

The Glasto food conversations started in earnest today. What began as... "Right, gas, noodles, maybe some marinated chicken with some rice when we get to camp..." ended up, inevitably, with a list of stalls to revisit, and the excitement of what's going to be the "best food I've ever eaten ever" for this year :)

Got to get some chicken tikka naans again, they were lush. Square Pie, sausage mash and red wine gravy from by the other stage, I want to try the organic fish place, nachos up from the Park it seems, and hordes of chai tea - more chai tea than would be needed to sink a naval fleet. I've found out I'm lactose intolerant this year, so I'm hoping there will be plenty of lactose-alternative chais about, any ideas?

Theres a tent in the green craft field (just by the entrance to the sacred space) that pretty much solely sells vegan chai :D (its my morning stop hehe) they also sell fruit juice, the chai is daaaamn good :D

it was there '07 and '08 so hopefully still there this year

I would seriously recommend against any shellfish (I'm assuming here that there was some in the paella!)

It only takes one dodgy one to wreck your festival.

I had a lovely seafood paella last year and suffered absolutely no ill effects. I think we can be pretty sure that any stall that's selling food dodgy enough to make people unwell would be shut down pronto.

so this welsh oggie to be filling must have sommat major in it.

anyone no??????

Our main product is the giant traditional Welsh Oggie containing Welsh beef, leeks, potato, onions & gravy.

The traditional crust of the oggie was designed for miners to hold whilst eating the pasty. This crust would take all the coal, dust, grime and arsenic sometimes found on the fingers of the miners ensuring the remainder of the pasty was edible.

Folklore states that this dirty crust was discarded over the shoulder into the depths of the mine to the cry of “OGGIE!” in an attempt to placate evil spirits. Fortunately, today you can enjoy all of the oggie.

http://www.welshoggie.co.uk/

Mmmmmmm homer%20drool.jpg

1 x Giant is standard issue for lunch each and every day each and every year, I just can't seem to ever wander past without acquiring one :(

Head for Brothers Bar from a Cider Bus stylee direction through the markets and then along the main track from Leftfield and they're on the left hand side just after you go over the bridge and get to the field where I think Trash City used to be and before you actually get to Jazz World. Best consumed seated in the sitty down area together with a cuppa from the coffee place a bit further along and then closely followed by a pint of Pear Cider as you travel further south !

Edited by mikeb

Get yourselves down the Blue Moon Cafe in the Jazz field. Awesome chilli chips, and vegi-burgers. Well Mexico, as Mr. Barley would say. Also that Carribbean place somewhere inbetween Pyramid and Jazz field, which does awesome food, and spectacular brownies.

Or just drink the cider 'til you just don't care!

3 weeks to go !

how much was it last year for welsh oggie

Either £4 or maybe £4.50 for the Giant I think but they're humongous and very jolly nice ! They do a couple of different sizes plus a veggie one and some other stuff as well. Can't really remember as I don't take much (if any) notice of the price of munchies bought from places that have been on the 'preferred eateries list' for years TBH !

Edited by mikeb

how much was it last year for welsh oggie

from my 2007 pics...

oggie.jpg

can't remember if they'd gone up last year though.

WOW them oggies look like a massif pieeee!

Oh they are! :P Seriously, one of those beasts at about lunchtime and that's me pretty much sorted for the day :P

The Glasto food conversations started in earnest today. What began as... "Right, gas, noodles, maybe some marinated chicken with some rice when we get to camp..." ended up, inevitably, with a list of stalls to revisit, and the excitement of what's going to be the "best food I've ever eaten ever" for this year :P

Got to get some chicken tikka naans again, they were lush. Square Pie, sausage mash and red wine gravy from by the other stage, I want to try the organic fish place, nachos up from the Park it seems, and hordes of chai tea - more chai tea than would be needed to sink a naval fleet. I've found out I'm lactose intolerant this year, so I'm hoping there will be plenty of lactose-alternative chais about, any ideas?

Chicken Tikka Naans? MMM where are they from?