Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

food, god i love glastonbury food.

I thought the paella stall (possibly near the pyramid?) was amazing. Seriously yummy, although unfortunately I don't have any photos :)

I would seriously recommend against any shellfish (I'm assuming here that there was some in the paella!)

It only takes one dodgy one to wreck your festival.

Cheese and ham/breakfast baguettes from that french place and baked potatoes are my staple at glasto: I found the Growler too much: a waste.

Pieminster also excellent. Seriously looking forward to trying an oggy.

Anyone remember the Dimbleby burgers stall from a few years ago? It was just as you enter the Jazzworld field.

Span me right out being served by Jonathan Dimbleby! :)

Very tasty: hopefully he'll put in another appearance.

Big up the Welsh Oggie, and I thought it was less than £4.

The noodles and tempura from the oriental barbeque thing also good

My wife loves the cornflakes stall in the mornings

Fresh milk of the back of the tractor when you are lucky enough for it to pass you also good

My mate was violently sick and passed out for about 16 hours after a pie from Pieminister on Wednesday lunchtime 2007. He blamed bad suede, I blamed the 2 litres of Brothers on an empty stomach.

So in terms of budgeting for food, I'd say you're looking at 3-5 quid for snacky food - baguette or nachos, that sort of thing, then 6-8 quid for "mains", like Goan fish curry or similar. There was talk that with this year being credit crunch year, Glasto have asked every stall to have some kind of "price-buster" cheapo dish, which should help things.

So in terms of budgeting for food, I'd say you're looking at 3-5 quid for snacky food - baguette or nachos, that sort of thing, then 6-8 quid for "mains", like Goan fish curry or similar. There was talk that with this year being credit crunch year, Glasto have asked every stall to have some kind of "price-buster" cheapo dish, which should help things.

Anyone remember the "Mash potato in pita bread - 25p" stall from the eighties. Saved my ass a few times when broke at the end of the festival.

I find it depends how much scrumpy you've been drinking.

After about 5 or 6 pints... with no other food...

...this is precisely what it looks like... :rolleyes:

judging by my cider/food intake at glasto, this is what it should look like then!

oh wait, when going to the toilets i follow the mantra "Don't Look Down"!

Sounds about right to me, I'm budgeting on £20 a day for food, although in reality I hope I don't spend that much. £5-6 for brekky, £3-4 for a snack and then £7-8 for an evening meal. I am a fat bastard though so who knows :rolleyes:

I have to agree with previous posts saying how amazingly filling the Oggies are and very tasty....mmmmmm

Another favourite of mine is the Tor Valley Rugby Club Fajita Stand, really tasty and good value for money.

Went to a really good Mexican stall at the back of the Other Stage field which did a great bowl of chilli. My partner also went to a stall near it one morning and had some lovely porridge with jam which was a nice change to bacon baguettes for brekkie!

What we normally do is have a look at what people are buying from the stalls and if it looks nice and the stall is busy then it's usually one to try. Have got stung a few times (usually when under the influence of strong cider) and just bought burgers from the nearest stand and that's not always the best food! Nevermind, still tastes ok when things are a bit hazy <_<

The Glasto food conversations started in earnest today. What began as... "Right, gas, noodles, maybe some marinated chicken with some rice when we get to camp..." ended up, inevitably, with a list of stalls to revisit, and the excitement of what's going to be the "best food I've ever eaten ever" for this year :D

Got to get some chicken tikka naans again, they were lush. Square Pie, sausage mash and red wine gravy from by the other stage, I want to try the organic fish place, nachos up from the Park it seems, and hordes of chai tea - more chai tea than would be needed to sink a naval fleet. I've found out I'm lactose intolerant this year, so I'm hoping there will be plenty of lactose-alternative chais about, any ideas?

I've found out I'm lactose intolerant this year, so I'm hoping there will be plenty of lactose-alternative chais about, any ideas?

There are a couple of Chai Tea tents in the Healing Fields which are vegitarian/vegan places, I would be surprised if they didn't have something in place to cater for your needs. They also serve some wicked "Energy Balls" (All healthy ingredients, not drugs!) which perk you up no end in the early hours, enabling you to carry on dancing till dawn!

Anyone remember the "Mash potato in pita bread - 25p" stall from the eighties. Saved my ass a few times when broke at the end of the festival.

In the early 80's there was a pasta stall that did pasta with bol sauce for 50p or something - plenty of it too! I lived off that.

I always budget £20/day for food. That breaks down as:

• £4 for breakfast
  • £5 for lunch
  • £6 for dinner
  • £5 for snacks (e.g. doughnuts and corn on the cob...not at the same time)

I rarely spend a fiver on snacks but do sometimes spend £7 on dinner (if it looks really nice).

I remember my boyfriend got a lovely moroccon chicken and cous cous dish from somewhere down near Healing/Green fields last year. I had been impatient and just grabbed some potato wedges 10 mins earlier. :D His meal looked so good. It was at the upper end of the scale though on price where as my wedges probably cost £3/4 tops!