Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

If your on a budget ask for a kids portion. They will do you a cheaper dish. This works well at the pasta spots who normally fill a plate up for you

You can always haggle as well! Works for me. There not going to turn down a fiver if that's all you have.

If your on a budget ask for a kids portion. They will do you a cheaper dish. This works well at the pasta spots who normally fill a plate up for you

You can always haggle as well! Works for me. There not going to turn down a fiver if that's all you have.

fish.jpg

Or one of these bad boys!

"Goan Mackerel Masala Dhal - boneless line caught mackerel fillet cooked in a fresh masala paste, served with masala dhal (lentils, tomatoes, coconut, spices) and Basmati rice."

All organic, sustainable and locallt sourced where possible! Can't begrudge the price on em :)

That looks tasty,where and how much? xD

ok, so i'm drunk and hungry. because of this i must have a sausage cooked in red wine and served with duaphinoise potatoes. by the way, i'm in a field in the middle of nowhere.

what's that you say? i can have a sausage cooked in red wine served with duaphinoise potatoes in a field in the middle of nowhere to sate my drunken stomach?

then, good sir, take this measly £7, i do believe we have a deal!

and only £4 for a cold pint of lager, at this hour of the day? well why the heck not..

:D

My friend, you must be extremely drunk (at 10:39am I note) or £7 is indeed measly to you if you think that sausage (that's sausage, not sausages, and not a particularly big sausage at that) plus what is basically chips that have been sliced a bit differently (and not much of them either) is worth said £7.

I'll summarise that:

Sausage (x1) and Chips - £7

I've never really got this stall.

Make it two sausages and I might consider it.

But saying that, I may just have to prove/disprove my theory by actually trying one this year. But I'm gonna haggle for two sausages.

:)

Oh. In a field in the middle of nowhere you say.

:roulette:

That looks tasty,where and how much? xD

I'm guessing that's the Goan Fish Curry stall which is to the right of the West Holts stage as you look at it.

I really wanted to try their Breakfast Kedgeree last year but the person in front of me got the last one for the day. I was properly gutted so definately on my food list this year.

I also want to know where that paella place is. I'm having both of those if the first one is any good.

So that's two days sorted.

Edit: Not last year, last festival. Dur!

Edited by MrZigster

I'm guessing that's the Goan Fish Curry stall which is to the right of the West Holts stage as you look at it.

I really wanted to try their Breakfast Kedgeree last year but the person in front of me got the last one for the day. I was properly gutted so definately on my food list this year.

I also want to know where that paella place is. I'm having both of those if the first one is any good.

So that's two days sorted.

I've had the Goan fish curry at the last Big Chill,it was very good,I will look out for it at WH then.

I thought you could get a pint of ale for £3.50 last time?

Cider bus was £3.50 as well, as was Otter bitter in the Cockmill (formerly Red Flag, in Acoustic Field) and the Avalon Inn.

I had lovely fish and chips the 1st year I went in 2008,aint got a clue where it was!

Anyone got any recommended places for a nice fish and chips?

I had good (proper) fish and chips from a stall at the John Peel end of the Dance Village in 2010. Don't know if it's always there though.

Lamb Man is on the right hand-side of the main drag, opposite Bourbon Street (which doesn't help much, as Bourbon Street isn't going to be there this year)

I can't remember where the paella stall is, but I had the seafood one last time - lovely (but share a portion if you're not that hungry - massive!)

Screw the map and the rest of the line up, I also need to know where the paella stall is!

my mum asked where i'd like to go for a meal for my upcoming birthday and i found myself craving and searching for restaurants that serve paella for reasons unknown to myself. now i realise it was seeing that post on this forum, and i now also want to know where it is a lot!

my mum asked where i'd like to go for a meal for my upcoming birthday and i found myself craving and searching for restaurants that serve paella for reasons unknown to myself. now i realise it was seeing that post on this forum, and i now also want to know where it is a lot!

I really like Spanish food but haven't tried paella yet as most places serve the seafood version and I'm not a fan of most seafood so here's my chance to pop my paella cherry!

My Missus's Birthday cake from Last week ...

8662588515_310f78cfcd.jpg

DSC_2779 by funkyuk, on Flickr

8663793474_a59a78e1d6.jpg

DSC_2597 by funkyuk, on Flickr

Everything was edible. The Pyramid was packed with rice Crispie cake, the cake was the best jam sandwich sponge.

Made by the lovely We R Cakes

Ace cake, even got long drops on there! :lol:

Edited by Kyelo