mike99

Glastonbury food with pictures

Sounds amazing!

How small, is small?

I've just found these...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Scale-Miniature-Rubber-Garden-Wellies/dp/B00AWQ6HRC

Thanks so much will look into getting some of them

Was the garlic bread stall there in 2011? i couldnt find it and we always make a point to go there.

hot fresh buttery garlic bread mmmm

Edited by IbizaPrincess

OMG! I highly doubt it, I think close to the £4 but not over

they normally quantify it as "around the price of a pint in london"

as a result, in my experience i fully expct it to be closer to £4.50 for a 568ml drink

they normally quantify it as "around the price of a pint in london"

as a result, in my experience i fully expct it to be closer to £4.50 for a 568ml drink

Jeepers thats mad, Download last year was £3 in campsite and £3.50 in the arena, in 2011 I think it was £3.50 a pint

Was the garlic bread stall there in 2011? i couldnt find it and we always make a point to go there.

Sadly the Garlic Kitchen is no more :( The stall that's in its place was The Lamb Man, who did fabulous lamb rolls and cooked breakfasts, but it was no Garlic Kitchen.

I heard £4.30, a pint that is.

It was over £4 in 2011 for Gaymers and Whatevershitlager, wasn't it, so that sounds about right. Cider Bus, Brothers Bar and the Cockmill real ale bar were cheaper - £3.50ish a pint.

That sounds like my idea of heaven. Partner wouldn't be too impressed in the tent though :sarcastic:

How is that fair for us northerners? I must say i always delight in paying 6 pounds for a burger with no cheese

I'm used to paying £1.50-£2 for a pint... London Prices are mental

Just for the record, London has a wide range of prices, I live in north london, and can quite easily find a pint for 1.99-2.50 locally, however there are plenty of places that will quite happily charge £4.50+ for the exact same rubbish lager, glastonbury tends to line up with the latter of the two I'm afraid

if it was over £4 for generic lager in most of the bars last time, I can't see it being cheaper this time around!

(oh and i AM a northerner! )

Where I am from pints are around £2.20-£3.50, hotels £4ish.

Aberdeen in town 3.50 min for a pint (unless at social club or chain pub) in some places a bottle of beer is this as well, when I'm at Glasto I find myself saying, hey this isn't too bad, it's like home. But really it is bad, it's just what your used to I guess

How is that fair for us northerners? I must say i always delight in paying 6 pounds for a burger with no cheese

In my local in Sheffield. I pay £2.95 for an ale always have 9 on. Becks, Gaymers and Lowenbrau are £3.40. Brooklyn Larger is about £4 I think. Always two ciders on hand pull one alwyas being a scrumpy.

Around 100 differnt whiskey's, cocktail menu, a good dozen vodkas, half dozen gins, not to mention a load of world of bottled ales and largers.

As for the food for just over £6 you can get award winning pies, or for slightly more thinks like a massive ham hock with all the trimmings.

God i love my local, best thing i ever did moving north.

• Upvote 1

Good point. Have you considered going to a northern festival instead? How is living in the south fair to us southerners (or even us ex-northerners)? Glastonbury does its best to set fair prices for its food and drink traders. They can't do more than that.

If you want to save a few quid over the course of the festival, give the gassy mainstream lager a miss and drink real ale instead. It's not only much, much better its usually cheaper as well.

In my local in Sheffield. I pay £2.95 for an ale always have 9 on. Becks, Gaymers and Lowenbrau are £3.40. Brooklyn Larger is about £4 I think. Always two ciders on hand pull one alwyas being a scrumpy.

Around 100 differnt whiskey's, cocktail menu, a good dozen vodkas, half dozen gins, not to mention a load of world of bottled ales and largers.

As for the food for just over £6 you can get award winning pies, or for slightly more thinks like a massive ham hock with all the trimmings.

God i love my local, best thing i ever did moving north.

Is this The Broadfield by any chance?

Where I am from pints are around £2.20-£3.50, hotels £4ish.

That's a very cheap hotel. Even the worst of them in our area charge £40 a night.

• Upvote 1

I think Glasto is pretty fair with the food prices, yes you're gonna around £5-£6 a meal but for that price you can get something which is decent, filling and high quality as appose to somewhere like Reading festival which is infested with shitty burger vans. I get almost as excited about the food as I do the bands! That beings said there are cheaper options if you hunt them out. Exclusing the hare krishnas (who I try and seek out at least once each year) I've found some decent budget food.

Again beerwise at least its around £4 a pint, most other festivals push it up to £5+....then again you can't bring your own booze to most other festivals so I guess it has to be competative.