Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

I camped right by The Park in 2008 and went around it all the frigging time, but STILL didn't know about this place.

I am currently punching my own face in.

Yes! Die Langdale you bastard!! :P Shame shame idiot shame!! :P

Pieminister Moo & Blue Pie, mash and gravy, JazzWorld, Wednesday 2009. Amazing. In fact, a trip to St Nick's Market in town might be in order tomorrow.......

p1000040c.jpg

erm... nay offence but that doesn't look all that great... had you already eaten the pie?

• 2 weeks later...

For the Perfect Gasto grub, this year celebrating the Glastonbury's Festival 2010 40th Anniversary. we have three quality chef's from Africa, the Carribbean, and India. The menu consists with flavors of all three different parts of the world. All under one flavorsome tent.

Look out for the show MUTATE BRITAIN, and let your nose's lead you the rest of the way.

For more info, email me at jpegs2010@googlemail.com

We look forward to feeding you

J. Lee

For the Perfect Gasto grub, this year celebrating the Glastonbury's Festival 2010 40th Anniversary. we have three quality chef's from Africa, the Carribbean, and India. The menu consists with flavors of all three different parts of the world. All under one flavorsome tent.

Look out for the show MUTATE BRITAIN, and let your nose's lead you the rest of the way.

For more info, email me at jpegs2010@googlemail.com

We look forward to feeding you

J. Lee

Where will your cafe be? Is Mutate Britain a Trash City/Shangri La thing?

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for the bump BUT i am really hungry after reading through a heap of these (why do i always look mid afternoon???) anyway, could someone tell me if there is a photo of the Schnitzel burger on here, i had a wee look, but couldnt see it, and would reccomend it to anyone, its up close to the Jazz world/Holts well at least it was from the Blue note grill.

Haha, looks like somebody's cracked one off over it!

:P :P :P

I'd suggest they saw a doctor if that's the case....

Wasn't there last year but the year before that I had a cracking clay oven pizza up near the tipi field and eco-sauna thing. Really chilled up there.

I had an excellent clay oven veggie pizza, cooked before my eyes, for £5 last year up near the entrance to the Kings Field. Was exceedingly tasty so am hoping they will be there this year.

PS the wood fired oven was home made from glastobury clay and worked very well :P

I've been following this thread from its inception and feel like I've been missing out on the best places to eat. Whenever I've wanted food, I've always felt compelled to go for nearest rather than tastiest. I figure that the way to fix this is to go to the festivals with a list of eateries that I need to try to visit this year. Kinda like an I-SPY book, but more like I-EAT. Maybe I just enjoy a project.

This is the list of stalls I want to visit this year:

Welsh Oggie

Growler

Arnold's Alfresco *

Katie's Thai Kitchen *

Square Pie

Pieminster

The unnamed Nachos place in the Park (on the left as you enter from the bottom, I think)

La Grand Bouffe **

Thali Café

Have I missed anywhere? There are 9 places on that list, which will be a fairly full schedule over 5 days.

* I've been to these places already but the food's brilliant so I want to going back!

** I f__king love tartiflette so I don't know why I haven't been here before.

There used to be a great cheap bakery down the side of the Leftfield Tent 2005 and a good few years before, it was not there in 2008 and we could not find it anywhere. I did not go last year so it may have resurfaced, anyone know if it is still around and where it is located? they always had a nice range of pasties etc at great prices :P

There used to be a great cheap bakery down the side of the Leftfield Tent 2005 and a good few years before, it was not there in 2008 and we could not find it anywhere. I did not go last year so it may have resurfaced, anyone know if it is still around and where it is located? they always had a nice range of pasties etc at great prices :P

It was back in its usual place last year, close to the lock ups opposite the kids field. :P

It was back in its usual place last year, close to the lock ups opposite the kids field. :P

fantastic thanks StoneCircle, was great place for a cheap top up food when hungry, shall be frequenting this year for sure :P

The bakery stall was in the same spot in 2008 as every year lol, we camp in Cockmill Meadow family camping and use that route to get back there every night with our little one, he is allowed to pick something from the stall to have with his bedtime drink each night :lol: