Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

3 hours ago, Woffy said:

Where's the best place to a burrito at the festival? Bought a fantastic one year before last but was spangled, so have no idea where I got it. 

Jumping Burrito think it's near the caberet field near Shangrila. Was voted a top food stall in 2015 and never fails to deliver. I go there every year for at least one meal. 

Silverstone-2014-Hdr.jpg

Edited by Berniethebolt

1 minute ago, Berniethebolt said:

Jumping Burrito think it's near the caberet field near Shangrila. Was voted a top food stall in 2015 and never fails to deliver. I go there every year for at least one meal. 

Silverstone-2014-Hdr.jpg

Just when I was beginning to lose hope in the Burrito dream. Thanks Bernie. 

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

and I'm the sort of dude who uses Encona on his breakfast.

Ha! Me too!

I like drizzling it onto fried egg on toast. Yummers. But pretty much have it with almost everything. 

2 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Just when I was beginning to lose hope in the Burrito dream. Thanks Bernie. 

Can I just ask that you wait until Friday afternoon? Going to be bad enough with the kooks opening t'other without having the sounds of a burrito making its way through your system at the same time.

3 hours ago, The Clearest Blue said:

I've seen worse menu's ...

Ice Creams
Banana with Salted Caramel 
Chocoholic Chunk
Clotted Cream with Honeycomb
Mascarpone, Fig & Honey
Praline & Pecan Crunch
Somerset Strawberries & Clotted Cream
Stem Ginger 
Vanilla Bean

Sorbets
Mango & Lime 
Raspberry & Elderflower 
Orange & Lemon

Oh my word they sound lovely...... liking the idea of boozy sorbet too :D

3 hours ago, The Clearest Blue said:

Oooft what an idea, I could make up a strong gin'n'tonic in a pint class, have a stroll up the the park and get myself a Raspberry&Elderflower or Orange&Lemon sorbet and just pour it in, yum,!

Many moons ago a friend and I on a particular hefty all day bender came up with the inspired idea of gin and cream soda ice cream floats. Worked surprisingly well.

2 hours ago, BluePaul said:

Not a burrito as such, but I got a very agreeable spicy chicken wrap from a Brazilian stall in Glasto Latino a couple of years ago.  Proper burritos - the Mexican in West Holts up by the Goan Fish Curry stall and there's another one opposite William's Green from memory - but ok, not fantastic.

I definitely had a proper burrito from Glasto Latino last year, it was really decent.

Quite a cool place to go during the day if you need a bit of space too, a bit of a ghost town round there.

3 hours ago, Quark said:

Many moons ago a friend and I on a particular hefty all day bender came up with the inspired idea of gin and cream soda ice cream floats. Worked surprisingly well.

May try the orange and lemon in my lukewarm cider,  3 of my 5 a day sorted

4 hours ago, Berniethebolt said:

Silverstone-2014-Hdr.jpg

Empanadas from this place were amazing

• 2 years later...
On 5/24/2017 at 4:34 PM, Woffy said:

Where's the best place to a burrito at the festival? Bought a fantastic one year before last but was spangled, so have no idea where I got it. 

Just by the other stage if you're walking to leftfield, on the right there was a blue and pink VW camper churning them out by the dozen 

Its name escapes me 

Edited by Mezhyp1

• 1 year later...
45 minutes ago, mike99 said:

It’s looks like prices for food and drink at Glastonbury next year will go up by 20%. is this a realistic expectation for the consumers to afford?

To be fair price of food everywhere seems to be going up anyway and in 3 years in normal times it would probably creep up by 10-15%. The only thing I'm not keen on is when you pay for something and it is not at all filling and you end up paying the same again just to fill yourself up. If it gets too expensive I'd just supplement it a little more with some of my own snacks.