Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

11 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

I remember one in the Park in a round tent, proper sushi operation - is that the one everyone is talking about? That definitely involved fish as I'm not messing around with vegetables.

Nah, Happy Maki was up on the path between William's Green and West Holts, I think?

what's the gourmet ice cream situation at Glastonbury?

got no time for the barely frozen whipped shite. would ideally love a Gingers Comfort Emporium type deal offering more interesting flavours. those from the North West who've sampled roving Ginger's delights will know what's up. a baked apple sorbet on a warm afternoon would clean up

Edited by liamium

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Pretty decent.  There's usually a place in The Park, and also one in the theatre field.  Probably others.  Think you'll get the occasional off-beam flavour, though dunno about baked apple sorbet.

nice. can live without the baked apple sorbet probably but anything along the lines of this witchery. i love daft ice cream

6QUU_H.jpg

3 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Now theres a gap in the market. A proper gelateria. They would be printing money. And really have to do fuck all. 

exactly. only joyless squares and hyperglycemics could walk past a rainbow of glistening gelato in no fewer than 20 flavours and say 'nah mate'. 

Just now, liamium said:

a butcher at their flavours...not bad, a good start!

I've seen worse menu's ...

Ice Creams
Banana with Salted Caramel 
Chocoholic Chunk
Clotted Cream with Honeycomb
Mascarpone, Fig & Honey
Praline & Pecan Crunch
Somerset Strawberries & Clotted Cream
Stem Ginger 
Vanilla Bean

Sorbets
Mango & Lime 
Raspberry & Elderflower 
Orange & Lemon

4 minutes ago, The Clearest Blue said:

Sorbets
Mango & Lime 
Raspberry & Elderflower 
Orange & Lemon

imagine these in the baking sun though. wonder if they'd just dump a scoop in my rum if i asked nice. instant chilly cocktail!

Just now, liamium said:

imagine these in the baking sun though. wonder if they'd just dump a scoop in my rum if i asked nice. instant chilly cocktail!

Oooft what an idea, I could make up a strong gin'n'tonic in a pint class, have a stroll up the the park and get myself a Raspberry&Elderflower or Orange&Lemon sorbet and just pour it in, yum,!

Yup - Mendip Moments is the one I was thinking of.  Mascarpone, Fig & Honey I usually get.

10 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Where's the best place to a burrito at the festival? Bought a fantastic one year before last but was spangled, so have no idea where I got it. 

Lot of dodgy ones about.  I got one last year in Silver Hayes and it was OK, though I asked for something with extra hot sauce and he must have deployed something made out of mad, mental ghost chillies or something as it was a tad spicy - and I'm the sort of dude who uses Encona on his breakfast.

Edited by CaledonianGonzo

2 hours ago, Woffy said:

Where's the best place to a burrito at the festival? Bought a fantastic one year before last but was spangled, so have no idea where I got it. 

Not a burrito as such, but I got a very agreeable spicy chicken wrap from a Brazilian stall in Glasto Latino a couple of years ago.  Proper burritos - the Mexican in West Holts up by the Goan Fish Curry stall and there's another one opposite William's Green from memory - but ok, not fantastic.

Edited by BluePaul