Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

44 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Dunno if I'd vouch for it.  They commit the (in my opinion, given the proper alternatives) cardinal sin of using tortillas

Yes this place, just behind the hammock stall. West Holts flags to the left.

Had something delicious, can't remember what. Defo not with a tortilla though thankfully but the kebabs are being cooked on the right here. 

keyring-1-2.jpg

Heres a link of a Buzzfeed article with some of the best food from 2015 that may or may not have already been posted.

Edited by The Nal

Just now, The Nal said:

Had something delicious, can't remember what. Defo not with a tortilla though thankfully but the kebabs are being cooked on the right here. 

keyring-1-2.jpg

Can 100% vouch for this place. I have a chicken wrap from here every year and it is fantastic. Not stingy on the meat or salad and big choice of sauces. Also really filling for a few hours after eating.

5 hours ago, gmb1992 said:

How about a decent Caribbean place? 

Some jerk food, corn, rice & beans and patties, fried plantain.

I kind of recall maybe seeing one around SH, does anyone know of any others? 

The one outside Bread & Roses is pretty good.  Can't vouch for veggie option there (I had brown stew beef) but they were handy with the plantain.  No bammy bread sadly :(

5 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

You Sir, are a gent. Thank you for that. This will be screenshotted closer to June, ready for drunken, stoned searching! Might even have it as my background. Very excite.

De nada! :hi:

Pretty sure this one'll pick up steam again before June with better locations!  Sounds like we might bump into each other on our respective food tours anyway :lol:

5 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Chappati man (although I didn't have one this year) is normally very nice. (Other to pyramid - past Leftfield on right somewhere). 

Good call Scruff

3 hours ago, The Nal said:

keyring-1-2.jpg

Heres a link of a Buzzfeed article with some of the best food from 2015 that may or may not have already been posted.

And again, good call Nal. Forgot about these two!

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎19‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 0:06 PM, Quark said:

I really like the main drag through the Green Fields up into Croissant Neuf.  Gandhi's Flip Flop, Lynda's Loaf, Tiny Tea Tent, Buddhafield Cafe are all good :)

Dude, where have you been going?!  So much good Indian food!  Gandhi's Flip Flop, Thali Cafe, Peckish Peacock, Bhangra Bus....

Aaaand that's another one to try next year!

Haha, nice one. Tbh, I've never really searched properly as I always get side tracked with everything else that's on offer. I will defo keep a look-out for those places next year. :)

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Cornelius_Fudge said:

Dunno if this counts as food but is it possible to get bags of ice on site? Just wondered how possible this was. We're on a bit of a budget and cold beers/ciders would be nice.

Thought about taking some cooler bags etc and pack them full of beers/ice for each day.

I'd watch what you're doing buying ice on site. Rumour has it this guy lost 4 men on his most recent trip to get ice. And one of the bags had a head in it. 

IMG_3942.JPG

On 19/10/2016 at 3:36 PM, The Nal said:

Yes this place, just behind the HAMMOCK STALL. West Holts flags to the left.

keyring-1-2.jpg

Is that in the hammock district? 

1 hour ago, Cornelius_Fudge said:

Dunno if this counts as food but is it possible to get bags of ice on site? Just wondered how possible this was. We're on a bit of a budget and cold beers/ciders would be nice.

Thought about taking some cooler bags etc and pack them full of beers/ice for each day.

I just freeze all my water bottles, Capri suns and smoothies we take and pack all the booze in with the in a few cooler bags.

heavy as when we arrive but least keeps booze cold for a few days, suppose you use a bottle or too to keep beers cold during day too

I've got ice from the bars if ask nicely (did buy beer too mind)