Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

On 10/14/2016 at 11:17 AM, Charm said:

The cakes at the WI are amazing, they use proper plates and cups which felt like a real treat at the time, will definitely return next year.  
Charm x

hvw8bn.jpg

This isn't my image, stole it from the internet, but as this is supposed to be food with pictures, thought it would be fine. 

I found the WI tent on the Thursday morning on my way for a healthy fruit salad and yoghurt; instead I ended up with Victoria Sponge and Apple cake. Told my friends about it and ended up back there for Lunch with them.

Next year I will definitely be back there.

2rCNoJd.jpg

atembzX.jpg

No Bones Jones, Can’t remember what this was as I’d had a few beers but it was bloody gorgeous

G2COnBZ.jpg

1 minute ago, StormCrow said:

My all-time favourite meal at Glastonbury I’ve had at least one of these every year I’ve been. Just wish I could find some I could buy online, I always intend to buy some to bring home but I end up eating them back at the tent.

1knECj9.jpg

DnGMXDG.jpg

Immediate heartburn if I ate that.  I had one in 2015 and had to go and hunt down some Rene Zellweggers to save me from the burning lava

16 hours ago, balti-pie said:

Dude I hate telling people what to do, particularly at such an individually interpretable event like Glastonbury: but you need to raise your facken game, son. There's amazing food to be had in a great many places, get out there and get it in your pie hole! 

Yeah I guess it's never been high on my list of priorities..until now.

I've seen the light!

6 minutes ago, StormCrow said:

My all-time favourite meal at Glastonbury I’ve had at least one of these every year I’ve been. Just wish I could find some I could buy online, I always intend to buy some to bring home but I end up eating them back at the tent.

Ginster's pasties, now available in all good service stations.

1 hour ago, Dave_c said:

Immediate heartburn if I ate that.  I had one in 2015 and had to go and hunt down some Rene Zellweggers to save me from the burning lava

The trick to avoiding heartburn is to eat a second one that should sort you out :)

17 hours ago, StormCrow said:

1knECj9.jpg

DnGMXDG.jpg

The Famous Welsh Oggy are on Twitter, get in touch with them. They done my mates wedding last year 

19 hours ago, StormCrow said:

1knECj9.jpg

DnGMXDG.jpg

Oggy seems to be a fairly generic pasty company name, so this almost definitely won't be the same one, however you can order them online from http://oggyoggyfalmouth.co.uk/shop/ and they're pretty good!

Edited by danegg

I can never remember where it is, but there's a small indoor open mic stage called the Buzz Stop (anyone?). Found a po boy stall opposite that I'd never seen before this year, did a pretty good beef brisket po boy.

By and large (above excepted!) I tend to go for the veggie options at Glastonbury. There aren't many of the meat based options that make me go "wow" after the first mouthful, but loads of veggie ones that have. Plus I'm a bit fussy about free range meat, so it's easier not to have to worry about it!

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

A quick google suggests the Buzz Stop is in the Kidz Field.

Definitely not that one Calgon! Almost like a pop up stage sandwiched between stalls. Found references to it on FB and recognise one of the guys we saw on there, but not the actual location!

Anyways, good po boys wherever it was :lol:

Now here's a question for you.  What foodstuff would you like to see make an appearance at Glastonbury? New food stalls crop up every year, so what would you like to see make an appearance?

Alternatively it might turn out that the food you want has always been there but you didn't know it!

For me, I'd love to see a decent dim sum stand make an appearance.  Most of the Chinese stalls don't really appeal to me while I'm there, but I do love me some dim sum.  A decent box of say 5 or 6 dumplings or buns with a little pot of chilli dipping sauce would be bang on.

Edited by Quark