Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

6 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Never got them from Avalon but strumpets with crumpets near the park are great for a snack to fill a hole and the breakfast special is great to set you on your way if you're feeling sorry for yourself. 

They really need to serve that all day... Making sure I'm there for 11am is a bit of a push sometimes 

7 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Never got them from Avalon but strumpets with crumpets near the park are great for a snack to fill a hole and the breakfast special is great to set you on your way if you're feeling sorry for yourself. 

The crumpets in Avalon are a step above strumpets with crumpets, and I think the latter are really good.  The savoury ones were fantastic

The cakes at the WI are amazing, they use proper plates and cups which felt like a real treat at the time, will definitely return next year.  
Charm x

hvw8bn.jpg

This isn't my image, stole it from the internet, but as this is supposed to be food with pictures, thought it would be fine. 

1 hour ago, watsonjm said:

the bread place in Green peace.  I still dream about the cheesy pesto bread with balsamic glaze.

This one's on my list, always just wandered past it but having read all the reviews after this year I need it in my life!

25 minutes ago, Charm said:

The cakes at the WI are amazing, they use proper plates and cups which felt like a real treat at the time, will definitely return next year.  
Charm x

hvw8bn.jpg

This isn't my image, stole it from the internet, but as this is supposed to be food with pictures, thought it would be fine. 

Where's the WI stand Charm?  Never seen them, and I am a huuuuge fan of tea and cake on my wanderings!

51 minutes ago, Quark said:

This one's on my list, always just wandered past it but having read all the reviews after this year I need it in my life!

Where's the WI stand Charm?  Never seen them, and I am a huuuuge fan of tea and cake on my wanderings!

You really do need their cake in your life, it's so good I had seconds, they are just by the entrance to green futures when approaching from the track that runs up the side of Pennards, the ladies in there are so lovely and smiley, really worth a visit. 
Charm x

The hurly burly in the theatre field does the BEST breakfast, I ate there most mornings this year. Also another couple of my favourites were the Buddha bowls (they are so tasty and packed with greens - double win) and the buttermilk chicken burger place in silver Hayes, we probably ate at least 6 of their buffalo chicken burgers for the duration of the festival. Oh and the Sunday roast at the treehouse in the park, such a treat this Sunday when the weather was starting to get to me. We spent most of this year going from food stall to food stall, I probably came back 2 stone heavier. :D:P

2 hours ago, Quark said:

I can recommend the Cherry Bakewell cake and cuppa in a proper mug I had in the Small World Stage tent - perfect :)

4 minutes ago, cornish hick said:

I can recommend the Cherry Bakewell cake and cuppa in a proper mug I had in the Small World Stage tent - perfect :)

I can definitely go with the small world idea.  Stopped there a couple of times this year for a cuppa and a chill; was actually lucky enough to get a seat outside to rest my bones!  Will try the cherry bakewell next time :P

2 hours ago, cornish hick said:

One of the best parts of the festival - we had a birthday party at the WI on the Sunday, and the Small World has great tea with some eclectic music choices! The Gyuto Tibetan Monks a few years back were amazing.

A few of my favs:

Strumpets with Crumpets - Honestly so so simple but I loved the Jam crumpets in the morning!! 

Rottiserie Chicken with chilli sauce and potatoes near the Williams Green stage was amazing

Ostritch Burger with JD onions by the other stage was tasty too! 

Also tried one of the giant yorkshires this year, but was so tricky to enjoy when you have nowhere to sit and eat it due to the mud (and it started raining just as I got it!)

There was an Asian type place near the other stage that was amazing, can't remember the name of it though. It was a few stalls left from the Ostrich Burger joint.

Got a really nice vegetarian wrap at the park too which was yummy.  Had some utter shite food along the way, a hot dog near the beat hotel being the worst.

19 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Strumpets with Crumpets are the best - sometimes a peanut butter crumpet and tea is all that you need to keep going at Glasto. Lovely people too, they even gave me a free crumpet once.

54 minutes ago, danegg said:

Wow i've never really given much thought to the food at Glastonbury- i tend to just opt for the ones that are nearest me when i start to feel hungry. Massive food envy now though.

I get music envy because I opt to listen to whatever's nearest me when I've sorted out my food.

Seriously though, have you never done the food thing? Oh man you have so much to look forward to!

2 hours ago, danegg said:

Wow i've never really given much thought to the food at Glastonbury- i tend to just opt for the ones that are nearest me when i start to feel hungry. Massive food envy now though.

Dude I hate telling people what to do, particularly at such an individually interpretable event like Glastonbury: but you need to raise your facken game, son. There's amazing food to be had in a great many places, get out there and get it in your pie hole! 

11 hours ago, watsonjm said:

The big dog (cheap and dirty I know but boy does it fill a whole and the carb coma afterwards is something else) and the bread place in Green peace.  I still dream about the cheesy pesto bread with balsamic glaze.

Lynda's Loaf.  I was craving that last night.