Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

19 hours ago, JanieM28 said:

I would never have been able to tackle THAT with a silly little wooden fork. I carried around my own stainless steel cutlery, and usually managed to find somewhere to sit. Otherwise, I'd have starved!

I'm now hungry - and it's all your fault!

camping cutlery til I die! 

1 hour ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

I've been buying pizza there at least once, usually twice for 11 Glastonburys and I never knew it was called Pizza Tabun! It's always just been 'the pizza in the yurt on the way to Avalon!'

Hehe! This. Exactly this.

5 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Outstanding

I don't know if carrying around my own stainless steel cutlery is a bad thing or not, in your view. I, truly, wasn't being 'posh'.

I did it because I'm undergoing implant surgery on my upper teeth so, even with the temporary dentures in, I found it difficult to eat anything that I couldn't chop up very small, or that wasn't mushy/sloppy.

There was so much good food that I knew I simply couldn't try - it pissed me off immensely! 

Every time I bought something to eat, I was terrified that my dentures would be dislodged in public, and I would be horribly toothless until I could find somewhere private to scrape, wash, Polygrip the dentures so I could venture into the festival again.

Luckily, it didn't happen, but, just so you know, it wasn't just the mud which worried me.

Edit: apologies for TMI

Edited by JanieM28

15 hours ago, giantkatestacks said:

<whispers> I think the pizza in the T&C fields is just as good.

It is indeed. But it costs more and when they're busy it takes AGES. Worth the wait, mind.

(And they open on Tuesdays for staff)

• 3 months later...

I usually have the same thing every year, usually a Halloumi cone from Oli's right next to the pyramid, and a double burger or noddles from somewhere.

As I was walking around on the Thursday last year I found "The Growler"

After reading about it on here I had to try it.

My group were impressed by the look of it, I was let down by the taste. Maybe I hyped it up to much myself.

Best food last year was the chilli con kayne from piggie smalls.

I want to try something different every day next year, something I haven't had in previous years. Recommendations?

2 hours ago, baggienick68 said:

Is it too early to revive this thread? I am already looking forward to a Leon's Vegetarian and a Curry Goat.

Not too early. Never too early. I've had an infection in my face/jaw so it hurts to eat anything harder than porridge or soup right now, plus superstrong antibiotics have nuked my tastebuds. I've been fantasising about Goan Fish Curry, and Manic Organic breakfast specials all week...

Ahem.  We appear to be on my topic now.  I generally see Glastonbury as a food festival with noisy distractions :P

9 minutes ago, dreadwing said:

I want to try something different every day next year, something I haven't had in previous years. Recommendations?

The Falafel stand in the Other field.  Falafel, houmous and a 13-ingredient salad in a pitta.  Banging.

Le Rac Shack, which I lose every year and have to go wandering to find again.

Churros stand on the way into the Park.  Perfect for those, um, sweet craving moments ;).  Better than the one by Williams Green.

The thali from Gandhi's Flip Flop.

Paneer wraps from the Bhangra Bus.

Tea and cake from the Tiny Tea Tent

5 hours ago, Quark said:

Ahem.  We appear to be on my topic now.  I generally see Glastonbury as a food festival with noisy distractions :P

The Falafel stand in the Other field.  Falafel, houmous and a 13-ingredient salad in a pitta.  Banging.

Le Rac Shack, which I lose every year and have to go wandering to find again.

Churros stand on the way into the Park.  Perfect for those, um, sweet craving moments ;).  Better than the one by Williams Green.

The thali from Gandhi's Flip Flop.

Paneer wraps from the Bhangra Bus.

Tea and cake from the Tiny Tea Tent

Thanks, noted.

Paneer wraps sound amazing!!

I want to try and find the cheese truck (I think that's what it is) next year.

1 hour ago, miffmiffy said:

The crumpet van in Avalon was all kinds of awesome this year. Homemade crumpets and the most deliciously filthy homemade salted caramel sauce. Oooof.

It will be one of my first food haunts in 2017.

Shit yeah. Me and Herself reminisce about those crumpets every now and again. So buttery, so big, so melty: had a marmitey one and a peanut butter one, and next year I'm going for the posho goats cheese and pesto style toppings