Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

52 minutes ago, JanieM28 said:

What did you think of Bob's gumbo? My husband had been looking forward to it since he last had it in 2013 and it was completely different.

Last time it was a reddish soup/stew version whereas this time around it was a very thick grey stodge. Not as good, he said, and didn't go back this time, which was a shame.

Have you tried Bobs surf and turf, massive spicy sausage and loads of salted crayfish, absolutely beautiful .

2 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

The wood fired pizza near the Glade was superb, but extortionate. £10 for pepperoni and mushroom. Still paid it though and to be fair, it was quality.

I liked this place, the brie and caramelised onion one was superb too. From memory it was £9, so a lot, but it was so big and good that I was happy.

Also had the raclette from Le Rac Shack by the cider bus (still great), a kathi roll and a samosa from Gandhi's Flip Flop (the samosa was amazing but the roll was a bit so-so), and the big fish box from the fish place on WG (which I enjoyed, although it was a whole £9 which felt a bit much - fresh and tasty though). Oh yeah, and the 4 for £5 samosas near the Other, which were good, although only little.

I think I made a couple of trips to Denela's Bakery too, which has been around since I've been going. Sometimes what you really need to keep you going is a currant bun.

1 hour ago, sloseph said:

Dosa Dosa on Williams Green - oh my god, complete perfection, I can't say enough good things about this, i had a chilli cheese Dosa meal and it was my festival highlight, I could have eaten there every single day 

I ordered that but don't think it's what I got. Whatever I got was still decent though.

1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Was unfaithful to crayfish bob and got a fish Laksa from another seafood place in williams green and it was fucking gorgeous. Got gumbo from bob the day after to apologise!

Never heard of laksa before but it was gorgeous!

That laksa and the Crabshack lobster roll were the two that got away this year for me. Kept forgetting about the laksa until after I had eaten and left it to late for the lobster. Next year.

51 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

We always go for a Tartiflette from La Grande Bouffe - never fails.  And we had two trips to the Square Pie Company.  There's something comforting about mash and mushy peas.  But my top marks again go to No Bones Jones.

Agree about La Grande Bouffe, the Tartiflette is great. Other than that I really liked the Jerk Fried Chicken wrap from Byblos in Silver Hayes. I know the area gets some flack on here but the food was top.

52 minutes ago, gherring8 said:

The same goes for Le Grand Bouffe. After failing to have one my first 3 years I made a beeline for it on Wednesday when I arrived. It was the most bland & dull dauphinoise potatoes I have ever had. I was gutted after reading so many good reviews on here. 

I had one for the first time in a couple of years and it's really gone downhill.  Tartiflette was dry AF and sausage recipe changed.  It was also bulked out with bread and salad.

The pizza place by the Glade is great. 

Agree about the bread for Piggie Smalls, though the peanut butter, jam and bacon dog was lovely.

As was the Spanish meat place with the sides on the other side of brothers bar.

Full lobster for brekky on Sunday was beautiful. Gumbo from Bob, less so.

Bakery down by the acoustic did the best bacon bun I've had at Glastonbury and some belting pasty.

Loved being by Williams Green side this year, queues were small early doors. 

Another shoutout for Half Man Half Burger, went for a simple cheesburger with burger sauce and it was really good. Also had my first oggie this year when they were doing them for £2 after LCD Soundsystem. Surprised to hear poor reviews about Piggie Smalls as it's one of my favourite places to eat at Glastonbury.

Finally, a mention for the over fried pizza place on the path from the beat hotel to the pyramid, really good pizza.

3 hours ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

The one with 'Proper Coffee' as its sign? Absolutely bloody brilliant. We went there every day from Tuesday to Monday and it was always spot-on. Lovely people too. Seriously hope they're back next year. 

Been there a few years at least now. Always a queue but bloody good coffee

For me personally, probably the worst Glastonbury I've been to food wise, especially the first few days, although I deserve a lot of the blame for that for taking the closest option rather than travelling a bit further for something I know will be great.

Was especially disappointed in the Oggie / Welsh Steak stall - went there for my traditional festival opening breakfast baguette on the Wednesday and found the quality much lower than past years - then later in the weekend visited again for a Steak Baguette which was stone cold and tasteless. They're off the list from now on. Also tried a local farms Hog Roast on a recommendation from here, which I didn't think much of compared to what I'm used to..

Luckily the experience was saved towards the end, specifically by visits to The Whole Hog for (in my view) by far the best Hog Roast on site & Smoke Stak for their gorgeous Brisket - shame I only went to Smoke Stak on the Sunday, otherwise they'd have been getting multiple visits.

The one place I was looking for but could never find was the Philly Boys for their Cheesesteak - does anyone know where they were? I'm assuming Shangri La or the Unfairground as they'r ethe only places I didn't go through at least once. Shame as the pictures of their stuff look amazing.

Half man half burger are from St Leonards, just down the road from me :lol: lovely to see a little bit of Sussex getting down west! Cracking burgers, but a shame they couldn't do fries as well. If ever you're down this way and try out their restaurant, their fries are absobloodylutely amazing. Life-changingly good. 

Hurly Burly Cafe have revamped their menu, with sexy results! The Mexican breakfast they have now is a thing of beauty. They slid downhill a few years ago, but they're back in style now. Very glad I never gave up on them, an English festival institution IMHO.

I wanted to marry the vegan sushi, good grief it was wonderful.

Usual suspects No Bones Jones, Ghandi's Flip Flop and Flaming Cactus were all at the top of their game as per.

Green Man attendees can look forward to Ghandi's Flip Flop, the man told me so. No Bones Jones said they'd applied to Latitude and not heard back, poor show Latitude.

9 hours ago, The Nal said:

Few things I noticed.

Some of the food was pricey - a la 2013. Or was it 2014? We saw a reduction the following year so fingers crossed. 

The jerk chicken stall in Williams Green is superb and have one of the hottest BBQ sauces I've ever tasted. Really fucking hot.

The coffee place in Williams Green has the best coffee in the festivals history. As good as you'll get anywhere. 10/10. 

The Hippy Chippy has gone to the dogs. Served in cones instead of trays. Overcooked, seasoned with cheapo woody dried herbs and really greasy. Sort it out lads. Dogshit.

Finally had the kedgeree from the Goan place and it was fucking beautiful. No queue as people seemingly couldn't be arsed trekking over there in the mud first thing. 

Was so busy this year I ate fuck all and I don't do queues either, twice for coffee aside.

The hippy chippy was not enjoyable this year, it's dissapointment led me to try the pakora from the Indian place opposite next to the little raised area the pakora and mayo chutney was fantastic. Went three times and got extra pakora each time.

First timer here :)

Had a spider crab roll from one stall which was deliscious, accompanied with home made chips and coleslaw. 

The stone baked pizzas were lovely and very very filling. 

The place next door to the pizza place was also good grub, had some pulled pork in a fancy roll.

Everywhere we ate we thoroughly enjoyed to be honest. Gutted not to have Annie's Mac n cheese so that's still on the list for the future. 

9 hours ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

The hippy chippy was not enjoyable this year, it's dissapointment led me to try the pakora from the Indian place opposite next to the little raised area the pakora and mayo chutney was fantastic. Went three times and got extra pakora each time.

Ah yes, next year. Had some rice from the Filipino place next door. Good good. 

Some great food this year, although must concur that the Hippy Chippy has fucked it.. Not even bacon bits this year, and yeah, a cone of chips. The mark of scoundrels and chancers

On the plus side

Delhi Dosa Wrap - Paneer chilli thing. Fuck yeah

Lobster roll- Stunning. Sauteed lobster and some amazing chips (possibly triple cooked, right up there with the best I've ever had) with gorgeous mayonaisse

Garlic Mushrooms form the Garlic Farm. Perfect going home from SE corner late at night food

Also had some really good Pad Thai from a place near the Other. Genuinely delicious and pretty authentic

stuck to tradition and had Growlers for breakfast, a bit like you must a brothers it wouldn't be glasto for me without a growler! Had a lovely coffee and superb carrot cake in a coffee shop in the tipee park on the walkway over to the Park around 2:00am yum! Overall I got the impression there were more coffee stalls and they had all upped their game as I didn’t really have a bad coffee all weekend. Meal of the weekend was the chicken Katsu curry from a place near the cider bus/village inn on way to pyramid a bit pricey but a big portion and was sooo good….

1 hour ago, Mardy said:

Some great food this year, although must concur that the Hippy Chippy has fucked it.. Not even bacon bits this year, and yeah, a cone of chips. The mark of scoundrels and chancers

On the plus side

Delhi Dosa Wrap - Paneer chilli thing. Fuck yeah

Lobster roll- Stunning. Sauteed lobster and some amazing chips (possibly triple cooked, right up there with the best I've ever had) with gorgeous mayonaisse

Garlic Mushrooms form the Garlic Farm. Perfect going home from SE corner late at night food

Also had some really good Pad Thai from a place near the Other. Genuinely delicious and pretty authentic

Pad Thai was amazing from there!