Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

On 2/24/2016 at 10:07 PM, Bobs said:

Goan Fish Curry is a 100% yes.... it's delightful.

The Growler is just a waste. It's not very nice, it's plain old crap, and for the food on offer at Glastonbury is just again, a waste of one of your meals you can experience at Glasto.

In defense of the Growler, I find that the chips are well cooked (not covered in cheese ones are crispy), the cheese is strong and decent enough to stand up and the bread is the right kind for the experience. While it's not gormet, it doesn't strike me as plain old crap in terms of ingredients. And it is amazing value for money, at Glastonbury. Calories per ££ must be very high!

I spend most of my weekend chowing down on gourmet delights, but sometimes on Saturday/Sunday morning, nothing beats a growler. 

5 hours ago, Ducky89 said:

Popdogs? between pyramid and Williams Green Last year? I know they aren't in this year

I got an undercooked hot dog from them last year, as in it was still raw and mushy on the inside. Took it back asked them to remake it and it was lovely...

5 hours ago, wetflame said:

What's the best hot dog stand on site? I remember having a decent one a couple of years back and raved about it to my friends after eating, but the name escapes me now. Love a good hot dog, me. 

Also, is there any chinese food on site that's not awful? Had a very mediocre sweet & sour chicken last year and it put me off a bit.

Fat Harry's hotdogs are the best! Foot long at least, and then you can choose a topping! Cheese and bacon, chilli, nachos! 

Theres two on site one is to the left of the other stage and I cannot remember the other one!

It's weird but when I'm hungover, or have been eating hot festival foods for a number of days I always really crave cold food. The first thing I buy when I get home is a nice cold sandwich meal deal and cold grapes. Are there any stalls that sell cold food (not ice creams or smoothies)? I didn't find any last year and just wondered if there was anywhere :) 

10 hours ago, Ducky89 said:

What is this no bones jones you speak of? 

Its a veggie stall doing a selection of stuff , salads to curries .. always good what ive tasted.  

I  believe its on path east of other stage, towards pyramid.. on your right if walking away from other stage.. up from left field... 

We should have a map of food stalls!

7 hours ago, jpcl09 said:

It's weird but when I'm hungover, or have been eating hot festival foods for a number of days I always really crave cold food. The first thing I buy when I get home is a nice cold sandwich meal deal and cold grapes. Are there any stalls that sell cold food (not ice creams or smoothies)? I didn't find any last year and just wondered if there was anywhere :) 

There's a veggie place in between (old) John peel and the pyramid that does a mean cheese salad wrap

17 hours ago, jpcl09 said:

good point a nice deli style baguette place would be ideal.  esp as could eat half then save for 'ron.

I'm mainly veggie/vegan but not 100%. Just try not to eat animal products as much as possible but do indulge on occasion. My biggest weakness is spare ribs, especially salt and pepper Chinese ones. If I came across these at Glastonbury I'd be amazed and very happy! 

19 hours ago, jpcl09 said:

After a whole week at Glastonbury last year I landed at Reading Station at about 5pm, starving hungry as I'd not eaten since my pre-shift breakfast at 5am. I inhaled a massive La Croissanterie ham and cheese baguette, a packet of ready salted, an apple, and a can of ice-cold Diet Coke. It was the most 'normal' thing I'd eaten since ages, and it was LUSH. 

There are a couple of places at the Greenpeace field farmers' market that might help you - firstly there's a stall that sells cheese ploughmans, just along from that is Lynda's Loaf which sells lovely bread and cakes, and there's also a fruit and veg stall there. 

19 minutes ago, onionterror said:

I'm pretty sure that technically if you only eat the spare bits of animals that they don't really need, like ribs, you are still 100% vegetarian.

They are spare after all. I can't imagine life without a medium rare fillet steak with a nice glass of red!

20 hours ago, jpcl09 said:

The growler stall also do cold fillings in their big baguettes if you are craving a tuna mayo, chicken salad, blt or similar.  They're quite good too

35 minutes ago, wosman said:

The growler stall also do cold fillings in their big baguettes if you are craving a tuna mayo, chicken salad, blt or similar.  They're quite good too

I ordered the chicken mayo baguette from there and the staff and all punters in earshot were giving me curious looks.

"That's not how you pronounce growler or big dog".