Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

On 3/7/2016 at 2:59 PM, Wow-wys-buzzing said:

The SmOke house's 'Manwich' was incredible I have to say:  Pork sausages, topped with pulled pork, topped with coleslaw, topped with 2 types of crackling with sweet potato chips :wub: 

Screen Shot 2016-03-07 at 14.56.42.png

wherezat? prob walked past it several times but will defo stop there this year.

On 3/7/2016 at 2:14 PM, sloseph said:

has anyone got any great breakfast suggestions? last year I didn't really venture from the classic cooked breakfast meats in various combinations

my highlight was putting brown sauce on a hog roast and calling it breakfast, which while nice wasn't in line with the rest of the great Glastonbury food experience, I feel I really need to up my breakfast game

best brekkie I had was early on the Fri - just simple toast n tea from one in the park . thick granary toasted with butter n honey then strolled up the empty ribbon tower with the brew :)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What's the best hot dog stand on site? I remember having a decent one a couple of years back and raved about it to my friends after eating, but the name escapes me now. Love a good hot dog, me. 

Also, is there any chinese food on site that's not awful? Had a very mediocre sweet & sour chicken last year and it put me off a bit.

19 minutes ago, wetflame said:

What's the best hot dog stand on site? I remember having a decent one a couple of years back and raved about it to my friends after eating, but the name escapes me now. Love a good hot dog, me.

I can't actually remember if they were there last year or not. But they were in 2014 - there is/was a Bratwurst Stall just around the corner from the Meeting Point, on the path going to the Pyramid which was great. Sold various varieties of Sausage-in-bread and Currywurst.

Edited by incident

2 minutes ago, incident said:

I can't actually remember if they were there last year or not. But they were in 2014 - there is/was a Bratwurst Stall just around the corner from the Meeting Point, on the path going to the Pyramid which was great. Sold various varieties of Sausage-in-bread and Currywurst.

My not-so-secret weakness. Will check this out!

4 minutes ago, djcolsen said:

Where would people suggest to eat well on a budget?

Depends on what your budget is per day really. I am hoping that the £5 meal initiative is there again this year, constantly paying £7 or more per meal would have crushed me last year, and most defiantly will do this year !

For a pure "fill you up stodge fest", I would recommend the Welsh Oggie, bloody massive and will keep you going for hours. Also No Bones Jones do a huge plate of food (a scoop of everything they sell) for £6 last year which saw me through a terrible comedown on the Friday morning.

1 minute ago, Heartbreaker said:

Depends on what your budget is per day really. I am hoping that the £5 meal initiative is there again this year, constantly paying £7 or more per meal would have crushed me last year, and most defiantly will do this year !

For a pure "fill you up stodge fest", I would recommend the Welsh Oggie, bloody massive and will keep you going for hours. Also No Bones Jones do a huge plate of food (a scoop of everything they sell) for £6 last year which saw me through a terrible comedown on the Friday morning.

Cheers mate, looking towards £5 a meal too, where abouts is no bones jones? What do they retail?

26 minutes ago, wetflame said:

Piggy Smalls in the West Holts fields last year was pretty good, probably the best hot dog I've had (although i'm not a big hot dog eater so that's not the highest recommendation)

I think they only arrived last year though so I don't think it's the one your thinking of, worth a punt if you fancy a good dog though

8 minutes ago, sloseph said:

Piggy Smalls in the West Holts fields last year was pretty good, probably the best hot dog I've had (although i'm not a big hot dog eater so that's not the highest recommendation)

I think they only arrived last year though so I don't think it's the one your thinking of, worth a punt if you fancy a good dog though

Popdogs? between pyramid and Williams Green Last year? I know they aren't in this year

2 minutes ago, djcolsen said:

Cheers mate, looking towards £5 a meal too, where abouts is no bones jones? What do they retail?

Despite going there at least onece a festival since 2008, I can never remember exactly where they are but I always find them somehow! I think they are either by a bridge or in the markets towards the west holts stage. I'm sure someone can help me!

Its a vegan and veggie stall, the plate had a Puerto Rican bean stew, some kind of lentil curry, a veggie curry, potato salad, couscous salad and the best veggie fritters I've had in my life served with some chutneys on the side.

16 minutes ago, Heartbreaker said:

What is this no bones jones you speak of? 

Just now, Heartbreaker said:

Despite going there at least onece a festival since 2008, I can never remember exactly where they are but I always find them somehow! I think they are either by a bridge or in the markets towards the west holts stage. I'm sure someone can help me!

Its a vegan and veggie stall, the plate had a Puerto Rican bean stew, some kind of lentil curry, a veggie curry, potato salad, couscous salad and the best veggie fritters I've had in my life served with some chutneys on the side.

Nice one, sounds decent!

17 minutes ago, Heartbreaker said:

Maybe a stupid question but what does a Welsh Oggie consist of?