Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

31 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Bubble and squeak stand near entrance to the park. Bubble and Squeak, Poached egg. Salsa beans, salad. Cock on.

29 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

And just up from there is strumpets with crumpets who are very nice too.

Agreed!!! We have camped near there the last two years, hoping for the same spot this year. The bubble and squeak place is the best. It has been my favourite meal the last two years. Bloody delicious! 

The strumpets are a lifesaver too, when you need something but not too much. There's also a tea and toast type place in that run, which is excellent. And Mr Teas, who very kindly filled my hot water bottle up for me at night :) Lovely blokes! (good chai latte too)

On 2/28/2016 at 4:53 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Yes! She's definitely said something along those lines.

I've never seen that place! I don't think I've really walked up that path a lot, looks great, I'll have to keep an eye out this year!

It's easy to miss because there are so many vendors in that area. I believe it is on the left side if you are going from Other Stage to Beat Hotel/John Peel. Good luck!

4 hours ago, lucyginger said:

Agreed!!! We have camped near there the last two years, hoping for the same spot this year. The bubble and squeak place is the best. It has been my favourite meal the last two years. Bloody delicious! 

The strumpets are a lifesaver too, when you need something but not too much. There's also a tea and toast type place in that run, which is excellent. And Mr Teas, who very kindly filled my hot water bottle up for me at night :) Lovely blokes! (good chai latte too)

Lucy Loo gingeroo you need to take me to the B&S place!!!! I meant to find it last year but spent days looking for the raclette place and completely forgot my squeek. I simply must have it. 

Deffo doing fish finger sandwiches again. Drooooooooooooool

1 hour ago, H.M.V said:

Lucy Loo gingeroo you need to take me to the B&S place!!!! I meant to find it last year but spent days looking for the raclette place and completely forgot my squeek. I simply must have it. 

You clearly don't remember shouting "Where's the bubble and squeak?" in my face! We looked for it on the Thurs i think.

3 minutes ago, Keithy said:

You clearly don't remember shouting "Where's the bubble and squeak?" in my face! We looked for it on the Thurs i think.

Ah jaysis, ye know me. Gillespied on the Wednesday and Thursday then calm downish for the rest. Soz. Take it we didn't find it then. I'll treat you to a fish finger sammich. 

13 hours ago, H.M.V said:

It's a date!! I realised a couple of years ago that I was staring at some blokes food a bit too much, and he said it was from the b&s place just behind him. I hadn't noticed I was nearly dribbling in his dinner til he started talking to me!!! 

19 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Bubble and squeak stand near entrance to the park. Bubble and Squeak, Poached egg. Salsa beans, salad. Cock on.

damn I'm already sporting a strong semi at the thought of this, sounds fantastic, hopefully i'll be able to find it, I really struggled last year with hunting down all the recommendations i'd read about

I walked past the strumpests place last year and saw a massive queue, I like crumpets as much as the next man but I can't envisage a crumpet that would be worth queuing for

12 minutes ago, sloseph said:

damn I'm already sporting a strong semi at the thought of this, sounds fantastic, hopefully i'll be able to find it, I really struggled last year with hunting down all the recommendations i'd read about

I walked past the strumpests place last year and saw a massive queue, I like crumpets as much as the next man but I can't envisage a crumpet that would be worth queuing for

If you go past the crumpets with them on your left, towards the Park, the bubble and squeak was in a little not fancy looking thing, beigey/cream front with a blackboard with the menu on, I think! Pretty sure the b&s + egg was about £6. Bloody marvellous, and well worth it! 

20 hours ago, sloseph said:

has anyone got any great breakfast suggestions? last year I didn't really venture from the classic cooked breakfast meats in various combinations

my highlight was putting brown sauce on a hog roast and calling it breakfast, which while nice wasn't in line with the rest of the great Glastonbury food experience, I feel I really need to up my breakfast game

Super Muesli from the super Super Muesli girls last on the left before the train tracks as you walk up the main road with the Greenpeace field on your right.  It's a juice bar too but their breakfast muesli is awesome if you like to go healthy.

Wake up, can of beer, get dressed, can of beer, toilet, can of beer, Super Muesli and cup of tea, followed by a can of beer proved to be a highly effective start to the day.  Unless you don't like beer.

22 hours ago, sloseph said:

has anyone got any great breakfast suggestions? last year I didn't really venture from the classic cooked breakfast meats in various combinations

my highlight was putting brown sauce on a hog roast and calling it breakfast, which while nice wasn't in line with the rest of the great Glastonbury food experience, I feel I really need to up my breakfast game

Strawberried and clotted cream almost directly opposite The Pavement stage. That, plus a Tango apple has been my Glastonbury wake up call for many years and hasn't failed me!

Edited by BlackHole2006

34 minutes ago, bigfurbdogg said:

Does anyone know the best place to get pizza at a semi-reasonable price? 

I love a nice pizza but all the ones i've had before are tiny and cost about a tenner, genuinely think i could eat about 5 of them. 

There was a recommendation on here for Voodoo Ray's in Block 9. Have not eaten there myself but will be trying it this year.

2 hours ago, joe_bee said:

Super Muesli from the super Super Muesli girls last on the left before the train tracks as you walk up the main road with the Greenpeace field on your right.  It's a juice bar too but their breakfast muesli is awesome if you like to go healthy.

Wake up, can of beer, get dressed, can of beer, toilet, can of beer, Super Muesli and cup of tea, followed by a can of beer proved to be a highly effective start to the day.  Unless you don't like beer.

that sounds like a solid plan to me, I do love a bit of muesli, i'll swap the tea for a coffee and maybe throw in a cold glasto sping water just to get everything moving and i'm well on board with your plan

that's 2 breakfasts sorted for me then :) 

49 minutes ago, bigfurbdogg said:

I love a nice pizza but all the ones i've had before are tiny and cost about a tenner, genuinely think i could eat about 5 of them. 

I head great reviews about a stone baked pizza place by Williams Green, I almost got one myself on the Thursday but accidently stood on some poor girls hand on my way to get it and then felt way too guilty to eat

5 hours ago, bigfurbdogg said:

Pizza Tabun, if I remember it was £6 or £7 for a large freshly made pizza in a wood oven.

44 minutes ago, buddiepaul said:

I can recommend this Pizza place. 

IMG_0393.JPG

Is that the one on the same stripe as the organic wine place?

also, last year say organic wine place only sold liqueur which was a bit strange anyone know what happened to the wine?