Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

Any idea what the deal with them nowadays is? Are they still a thing?

I'm sure when they reformed they signed a deal to make another album, but have heard nothing about that since. I'm not aware (happy to be proved wrong) of them having any gigs planned.

EDIT: I made it up. They only made a loose statement about working on new material.

Edited by big__phil

So someone fill me in, where's that tasty looking Mac and Cheese from?

Think it was called Annie Mae’s mac and cheese - seen it the last two years. 1st year it was on the walk from the pyramid stage to Williams green and last year it was somewhere on the walk from Bread and Roses through to the toilets at the side of the pyramid stage I think - opposite the grilled cheese sandwich van!!

Any idea what the deal with them nowadays is? Are they still a thing?

Typical Roses fashion to just not say anything at all. Annoying but i spose they havent confirmed they have split up or not making music so no news is good news surely? Lot of sightings of them over the last couple of months aswell, and a lot of "Rumours" from fans that have asked em if tey are making a new album.

I believe they are and will headline next year! hopefully...

Think it was called Annie Mae’s mac and cheese - seen it the last two years. 1st year it was on the walk from the pyramid stage to Williams green and last year it was somewhere on the walk from Bread and Roses through to the toilets at the side of the pyramid stage I think - opposite the grilled cheese sandwich van!!

If it's not called Annie's Mac and Cheese she's missed a trick.

Last few years I've taken a couple of empty 4 pint milk bottles that I've thoroughly washed out. Perfect for reducing trips to the bar and the risk of spillage.

Obviously not ideal for cold lager/cider in a heatwave, but I usually stick to bitters.

That sounds an interesting but dangerous idea (for me)!

Though, I've never had a problem with queues or distance to a bar to warrant such an approach.

Will the bars happily fill other containers or do you take a funnel?

Like any other. If you also drink a lot of water, eat a lot of food and start drinking again the minute you're out your tent in the morning you can usually kick the can down the road until the Monday afternoon - presuming you feel it necessary to stop drinking at some point.

And then the chickens come home to roost.

Cracking turn of phrase there, just had to say something.

I saw these on a gadget show last night HotCans, anyone use them before

http://www.hotcan.com/bangers-beanz.html

Used a few about 4 years ago.

They are OK, basically its a tin of normal beans/macaroni/ravioli you can buy from any shop. But with a slightly larger can around containing limestone and a water pouch.

There is a peg you stab the water bag and it begins. About 5 mins later after some pretty aggressive steaming its hot, and very hot I found not easy to hold and had to wait before eating.

In my opinion its not worth the money, they were £5ish (But i got them free) and not worth the hassle.

Buying a portable gas stove and some 50p tins is more suited. Then use the stove for future use and making tea or coffee etc.

If you want buy a couple try them out, but really nothing special apart from the self heating part.

At a wedding catered by Pieminister last night and was chatting to the women who ran the catering team who told me the reason they've not been accepted for Glastonbury is because they're now deemed too big a brand to have at the festival, which seems mental to me

Edited by Matt - Ed Banger Records

At a wedding catered by Pieminister last night and was chatting to the women who ran the catering team who told me the reason they've not been accepted for Glastonbury is because they're now deemed too big a brand to have at the festival, which seems mental to me

Other pies will be available, I hope

But they still have the brothers bar ?!

Just have to make do with having them at Lattitude.

Odd reasoning! Square Pie have always been much bigger and I'd imagine will still be there! (Like I knew of Square Pie before Glastonbury, and they are stocked in Tescos!).

Or maybe they meant they was to "big" at the festival? Take away trade from other places?

I am still gutted!

Piminster's turnover is over 3.1415 times higher than Square Pie (£10m/£3m)

Interesting.... Great facthuntings there

We never got Pieminster, used to swear by the square but last couple we had a bunch of years back were light on the fillings have they topped back up?

Edited by frostypaw