Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

I ate at Chimichangas once a day on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. This was up just beyond the Park. Mexican hash was my favorite, I really need to find out what's in it so I can recreate it at home.

Had a really nice veggie burger from a place I wouldn't have expected to have and a total gak one that was smooth white all the way through, no taste or texture whatsoever. Wedges were enjoyed a few times. Had a nice burrito at some point although I always find these hard to finish as they are so filling.

I didn't find much in the way of cheap and cheerful food. I payed £6.50 as a minimum. Maybe I wasn't hungry at the right times (i.e. not actively seeking cheap food when I was up in the greenfields area).

The Boulangerie on the walk from Leftfield down to West Holts was amazing. Had two steak deluxes from there, a steak baguette with brie, lettuce, cucumber, red onions, with fried onions and sauce (I got sweet chilli) on top. Exquisite. Also had a nice falafel kebab from near the other stage, and a vegan pakora dish from the walk from the other stage to the pyramid that I enjoyed.

Just had to have a Growler from the stall next to the Other stage for my Breakfast with Howard (Howard Marks) at the Spirit of 71 stage. I quite enjoyed it but it was more a thing to tick off my Glastonbury must do list than a real great desire to have one.

That Growler looks amazing.

Nice seeing the "eFestivals 5 star review" on the billboard outside one of the stalls on the main drag from Pyramid to Meeting Point.

that was the Thai place that does 'the meal' ... I told them off cos it had "efestivals.com" instead of .co.uk ... and despite it being my words they quoted, the sods didn't offer me a discount. :lol:

Still as good as ever tho. :)

that was the Thai place that does 'the meal' ... I told them off cos it had "efestivals.com" instead of .co.uk ... and despite it being my words they quoted, the sods didn't offer me a discount. :lol:

Feckers.

I still have never been as the line to get in was always long. Where the special times that you could get the food or was it all the time. Looks pretty decent for free.

Had a small meal at the Hari Krishna tent, we only asked for a small portion to share as we had not long eaten and just wanted to sample it otherwise they were giving huge portions. And despite the bad reputation it gets on this forum (e.g. Friday green mush, Saturday grey mush and Sunday brown mush) it was really nice and tasty.

IMG_2934_zps34add511.jpg

IMG_2937_zps60d8bc79.jpg

IMG_2932_zps30e62855.jpg

I still have never been as the line to get in was always long. Where the special times that you could get the food or was it all the time. Looks pretty decent for free.

Hi Mike I think it was around 2pm on the Friday, there wasn't much of a queue at the time we were there, but when we past about an hour later they were still serving but there was a much bigger queue. As for the food it was kind of a mixed vegetable mash rather than a lentil dal (although I expect there must have been lentils in there somewhere) and it was very tasty with a mild but nice curried spiced flavour

Reviewers should never get discounts. Glad they maintained their integrity!

• 3 months later...