Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

Sounds amazing!

How small, is small?

I've just found these...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Scale-Miniature-Rubber-Garden-Wellies/dp/B00AWQ6HRC

Thanks so much will look into getting some of them

Was the garlic bread stall there in 2011? i couldnt find it and we always make a point to go there.

hot fresh buttery garlic bread mmmm

Sadly the Garlic Kitchen is no more :( The stall that's in its place was The Lamb Man, who did fabulous lamb rolls and cooked breakfasts, but it was no Garlic Kitchen.

I heard £4.30, a pint that is.

It was over £4 in 2011 for Gaymers and Whatevershitlager, wasn't it, so that sounds about right. Cider Bus, Brothers Bar and the Cockmill real ale bar were cheaper - £3.50ish a pint.

Just for the record, London has a wide range of prices, I live in north london, and can quite easily find a pint for 1.99-2.50 locally, however there are plenty of places that will quite happily charge £4.50+ for the exact same rubbish lager, glastonbury tends to line up with the latter of the two I'm afraid

if it was over £4 for generic lager in most of the bars last time, I can't see it being cheaper this time around!

(oh and i AM a northerner! )

Where I am from pints are around £2.20-£3.50, hotels £4ish.

Aberdeen in town 3.50 min for a pint (unless at social club or chain pub) in some places a bottle of beer is this as well, when I'm at Glasto I find myself saying, hey this isn't too bad, it's like home. But really it is bad, it's just what your used to I guess

How is that fair for us northerners? I must say i always delight in paying 6 pounds for a burger with no cheese

In my local in Sheffield. I pay £2.95 for an ale always have 9 on. Becks, Gaymers and Lowenbrau are £3.40. Brooklyn Larger is about £4 I think. Always two ciders on hand pull one alwyas being a scrumpy.

Around 100 differnt whiskey's, cocktail menu, a good dozen vodkas, half dozen gins, not to mention a load of world of bottled ales and largers.

As for the food for just over £6 you can get award winning pies, or for slightly more thinks like a massive ham hock with all the trimmings.

God i love my local, best thing i ever did moving north.

How is that fair for us northerners? I must say i always delight in paying 6 pounds for a burger with no cheese

Good point. Have you considered going to a northern festival instead? How is living in the south fair to us southerners (or even us ex-northerners)? Glastonbury does its best to set fair prices for its food and drink traders. They can't do more than that.

If you want to save a few quid over the course of the festival, give the gassy mainstream lager a miss and drink real ale instead. It's not only much, much better its usually cheaper as well.

In my local in Sheffield. I pay £2.95 for an ale always have 9 on. Becks, Gaymers and Lowenbrau are £3.40. Brooklyn Larger is about £4 I think. Always two ciders on hand pull one alwyas being a scrumpy.

Around 100 differnt whiskey's, cocktail menu, a good dozen vodkas, half dozen gins, not to mention a load of world of bottled ales and largers.

As for the food for just over £6 you can get award winning pies, or for slightly more thinks like a massive ham hock with all the trimmings.

God i love my local, best thing i ever did moving north.

Is this The Broadfield by any chance?

I think Glasto is pretty fair with the food prices, yes you're gonna around £5-£6 a meal but for that price you can get something which is decent, filling and high quality as appose to somewhere like Reading festival which is infested with shitty burger vans. I get almost as excited about the food as I do the bands! That beings said there are cheaper options if you hunt them out. Exclusing the hare krishnas (who I try and seek out at least once each year) I've found some decent budget food.

Again beerwise at least its around £4 a pint, most other festivals push it up to £5+....then again you can't bring your own booze to most other festivals so I guess it has to be competative.

yeah the being able to carry your own booze around the entire site is one of the massive bonuses about Glastonbury compared to other festivals. i mean, i manage to sneak it in at other festivals anyway, but the fact that i can happily walk around all day with a huge crate if i feel like it is great, and then i don't mind so much paying £4+ for a cold one whenever it tickles my fancy, rather than sneaking in a tiny bit of booze, going through it quickly and having to either stay sober or buy expensive pints all day

food i really don't mind paying for. usually only eat once, twice a day, so that's £6-£12 a day which is nothing really

Yeah I go with the missus so we usually have a big meal each and then share a couple of others in the day, keeps the cost down but more importantly means I get to try more stuff :D

Exactly what I do. End up eating more even though I'm not hungry - just to try the food.

Also does anyone know why I cant see a lot of the photo's in the posts - a lot of the posts just have the title of the photo - but then no photo?

Re: price of beer - if it is around £4 a pint that is fairly reasonable for a festival/event and as others have said I only buy a few a day as I take a lot of my own booze. All in all even if the beer was more expensive than other festivals by 50p a pint it would still work out cheaper for me due to drinking my own booze.