Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

Mmm...glasto food is all part of the experience.. can rarely find the same place twice tho! As well as a good mix of ur more standard fare, Had a lush meal n several glasses of sake in the Japanese domed restauranty place in the park a few yrs ago but was gutted when they kept us waiting ages for it to open on last day last time only to say they weren't opening after all... There was also some kind of fine dining style bus somehwere that did pretty good food & felt like a bit of a chilled oasis in amongst all the chaos. Cant wait to see what will discover thiss time!

Quick question: Is there anywhere selling food 24 hours? If so, which area is best to look for such a place?

This year will be my second Glastonbury. In 2011 I went wandering late Fri night to find food, but ended up tripping into mud, going to stand by the fire at the stone circle to dry off, then eventually wandering back to my tent as the sun rose never getting something to eat...

Quick question: Is there anywhere selling food 24 hours? If so, which area is best to look for such a place?

Plenty of places.

In terms of quality, the Common Ground Cafe in the Acoustic Stage field is pretty good and open all hours.

Aside from them, there'll be a handful of stalls in the Main Markets open (especially around Holts), and the various "Campsite Cafe" locations are also open all the time, usually selling fairly generic food.

Places on the main 'thoroughfares' close up about 2am. I was the last customer at the lovely Welsh Te a Tost stall at 2.01am on Sunday night last time. Cheese on toast with Worcester Sauce. Lovely! And in 2010, Square Pie were doing 2 for 1 at about 2am. It's OK, I didn't eat both, I shared with a friend!!

After recently getting into vegan food. I'm looking forward to checking out all the vegan eateries. After all veganism isn't restricting what you can eat but opening up doors to new foods.

Plus vegan food doesn't really go off as there's no meat or dairy so I might take a load of vegan cooked food with me. I'll have to look into that further though as I don't want to get the green apple splatters.

After recently getting into vegan food. I'm looking forward to checking out all the vegan eateries. After all veganism isn't restricting what you can eat but opening up doors to new foods.

Plus vegan food doesn't really go off as there's no meat or dairy so I might take a load of vegan cooked food with me. I'll have to look into that further though as I don't want to get the green apple splatters.

It's also cheaper

Where is the restaurant you can dine at and is it open all day and night? Rocket something? Keep meaning to go

Home > News > Fine dining at the Rocket Restaurant

Fine dining at the Rocket Restaurant

In the run up to this year's Festival, we're hoping to shine a light on some of the Festival's best-kept secrets. We begin with the news that the Rocket Lounge and Restaurant is returning to this year's Festival after a break of five years. This legendary guerrilla restaurant, which has now found a home in Shangri-La, is renowned for its uber-high quality food and indulgent approach to hedonism.

It's by no means the cheapest food option at the Festival, but if you're looking to push the boat out, this could be the place to push it to!

The kitchen is run by Head Chef Chris Gillard, moonlighting from the Michelin-starred St Johns’ restaurant in London. The cocktails are by mixologists to the stars, the SoulShakers. The stage is by the infamous Gaz Mayall from Gazs’ Rockin Blues. And their menu is looking like this...

Rocket Lounge & Restaurant Menu

Starters (£8)

- Salt Pollack, Slow Roast Vine Tomato & Little Gem Salad

- Baby Carrots, Radishes, Green Beans & Boiled Egg, dressed with Vinaigrette

- Soused Mackerel, Pink Fir Apple Potato & Baby Spinach

- Fresh Broad Beans, Berkswell Cheese & Rocket Salad

- Pork & Rabbit Terrine with Cornichons

- Potted Beef, Pickled Beetroot & Watercress

- Cornish Octopus Braised with Fino Sherry, Red Onion & Chickpeas

Mains (£18)

- Braised Wild Rabbit with Bacon Mustard & Crème Fraiche

- Griddled Ox Heart, Chard & Anchovy

- Vincigrassi, Truffled Spinach & Mushroom Lasagna

- Roast Hake, Saffron Courgettes & Butterbeans

- Roast Wood Pigeon & Puy Lentils

- Braised Lamb Shoulder, Carrots and Aioli

- Lamb Sweetbreads Sauté, with Peas, Bacon & fresh Mint

- Barrel Aged Fetta Cheese & Cous Cous Deluxe, with Roasted Spiced Vegetables

- Lobster with Cucumber, Samphire & Mayonnaise (£10 supplement)

Desserts (£8)

- 18th Century, Peach & Amontillado Sherry Trifle

- Chocolate & Armagnac Terrine with Fresh Cherries

- Raspberry Parfait

- Walnut Treacle Tart & Crème Fraiche

Book early for the fine dinning and try and get in one of the first few days as they do run out of things towards the end. It does make a nice change to use a real knife and fork and drink wine out of a GLASS!!!

Jamie Theakston does a tour of a muddy 1997 fest's food offerings about 2 mins into this vid. Seems to be lots of burgers and jacket spuds - I think we have a bit more choice these days!

Classic moment when that woman gives Jools a drink of tequila, which jools proceeds to drink in his car, then later on in his segment, he seems pissed! :P