Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

To add to my earlier reply there is also Small World Cafe in the circus fields and the lovely Hare Krishna people will feed you for free. :)

We're does the funding come from hare Krishna. Dont they have to pay for there pitch?. How does the free food work are you preached to whilst you eat?

We're does the funding come from hare Krishna. Dont they have to pay for there pitch?. How does the free food work are you preached to whilst you eat?

Have a read at this thread or search the archives on here, there is lots of info! :)

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/172759-hare-krishna-hare-krishna/

Anyone know if the food stall in the campervan field is just another burger van or is it a bit more advanced

Its a burgervan. They do a filthy bacon sambo too. I wouldnt plan on eating from it all weekend.

Edit - By filthy I mean good, good if you're hungover. If you have a camper you can stock up on food though obviously and cook yourself. Id recommend to do that.

The burger/breakfast van is a little bit too close to the portaloos for my liking. You wouldn't be asking for extra brown sauce like.......

Edited by The Nal

Nah we will prob make our own, in morning and get grub on site through day, then something like pot noodle when we come back at bed time

We find a good stash of Heinz tomato soup, bread, crumpets, eggs and cheese are all handy for concocting late night snacks. And bacon for the morning apart from Wednesday & Thursday where I do a full fry up!

We have an oven so I take par baked bread, saves carting it around with you on-site. :)

At restaurants, festivals etc when I am out I like to try things I wouldn't normally eat. Now I love my meat, especially rich meats like game. I could never be a vegetarian and no chance of me being vegan but at Glastonbury I had a vegetarian burger that is up there with any live and kicking burger, it was f*cking superb! :) I forget the name of the place but if facing the Greenpeace wall thingy it was on the left I think, will definitely be looking for it again.

How many food stalls are in the East caravan site? Didn't realise there were any...

I have only ever spotted 2 in total, one in E16 and the other might be E20. Vever eaten anything from them though as we come prepared to cook our own breakfast and then eat on-site. There is also an ice cream van on the Hill of death :)