Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

Nope , you can ear v cheaply in the past , before I got an absurdly well paid job I did numerous festivals on a buget, especially glasto. It's easy. And I love cooking but the one place you simply have no time to cook is Glastonbury

Obviously your absurdly well paid job doesn't require good time management :)

Nope , you can ear v cheaply in the past , before I got an absurdly well paid job I did numerous festivals on a buget, especially glasto. It's easy. And I love cooking but the one place you simply have no time to cook is Glastonbury

I agree that in the past you could eat cheaply and possibly could still even. However the foods available at these prices may not appeal so bringing your own preferred cheap food would seem to be the way to go - why would people do it otherwise?

I don't know where you get the notion that you simply have no time to cook. Plenty of people lounge around their tents from time to time during the festival. This is the time when you can also be cooking. Lets face it you can't hear every band and see every site so why the big rush that prevents you from cooking. OK, maybe that's your way and that's fine. However to imply that anybody who thinks differently to your perspective is an idiot is, well, just idiotic! In the true spirit of the word.

I'm sure you didn't mean it but you've effectively said that those on a tight budget are idiots. Then there's the people who enjoy cooking their own food - why would they be idiots too?

I wouldn't cart too much with me..but i do like having some food with me..wake up have something to eat without having to go to nearest van or walk round finding something you fancy and then queue

also late at night/early morning

i just mix it up..buy a bit of food when out and about eat some of what i bought when back at tent/early morning

I seem to remember eating at the Thali cafe last year and finding a pound coin in whatever it was we had ordered. We took it back to the counter area and were told to keep it. Has this happened to anyone else, is it a tradition or something, like finding the bean in the apple cake? Or were we just lucky? My memory's a bit hazy so I can't remember much else, just wondering really.

I seem to remember eating at the Thali cafe last year and finding a pound coin in whatever it was we had ordered. We took it back to the counter area and were told to keep it. Has this happened to anyone else, is it a tradition or something, like finding the bean in the apple cake? Or were we just lucky? My memory's a bit hazy so I can't remember much else, just wondering really.

Eaten from there lots of times and no pound coin. So, you were lucky to get a pound discount and lucky you didn't break your teeth on it!

:)

Eaten from there lots of times and no pound coin. So, you were lucky to get a pound discount and lucky you didn't break your teeth on it!

:)

No I can confirm its a fun little promotion they do. I won a fiver sellotaped to a falafel

Thank you both of you. I guess I was one of the lucky few. That's nice to know. :)

I find the fresh air really works up an appetitte at festivals - not to mention the festival munchies. I eat a lot morer than when at home but I also walk far more than I do normally.One of our gang loves cooking and is our Catering Manager producing magnificent breakfasts and generally all round good food.

But it's also great to sample some of the extemely well produced food from some stalls.

I know it's not Glastonbury but an example was last year when we discovered Tom's Pies at Chagstock. Looking forward to his stall again next weekend. I'd love to see him at Glasto next year. http://www.toms-pies.co.uk/

• 3 weeks later...