Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

Tartiflette.jpg

Tartiflette (sp?)

Pieminster.jpg

Chinese from near the Brothers Bar, someone else ordered it but I had a taste and it was good.

CurryGoat.jpg

Best thing I ate all weekend, curry goat with rice and peas from the Caribbean place just to the left (I think) of Brothers Bar

OMfG I'm so hungry now..

I'm having the goat curry this year as a promise to myself.

Where was the Tartiflette place.. that looks good to me..MMmmmmm :rolleyes:

We had 3 Glastonbury virgins with us last year and we put this together to save the endless questions from them, printed each of them a copy which they found useful.

Please add to it with your best places or add any negatives to my favourite places! :)

A Few Good Places to Eat,

Thali Cafe, veggie & cakes – Greenfields and also The Park (V)

Fresh Fruit Stall, fruit salad or loose fruit – Greenfields (V)

Henry's Beard, various - Greenfields (V)

Manic Organic, various, also highly recommended for veggie breakfast – Greenfields (V)

Fish and Chip Van - Trash City

Goan Fish Curry – West Holts

Yam the Cassava, Jamaican Jerk Chicken or Curry Goat, – Market Area

between Queens Head to West Holts

Caribbean Stall, Curry Goat etc – West Holts near Brothers Bar

Y and L's Caribbean Stall, Curry Goat etc between The Other and Pyramid Stages, parallel to the Dance Village

La Granda Bouffe, Tartiflette – West Holts and also Market Area between Queens Head to West Holts

Indian Veggie Curry – West Holts (V)

Malinkeys, Sit down restaurant - Shangrila

Pieminister, Pies with mash and gravy - West Holts

Strumpets Crumpets, crumpets – – Market Area between Queens Head to West Holts

Flaming Cactus, Mexican wraps – Market Area between Queens Head to West Holts and also at Other Stage

Chapatiman, Indian wraps – Market Area between Other Stage to West Holts

The Tea & Toast Caravan, as it says! – The Park

Pow Wow, Buffalo burgers and stew - Market Area between Queens Head to West Holts

Village Bakery, bread and cakes – opposite Kidz Field

Treehouse Cafe, afternoon tea – The Park

The Home-made lemonade stands – near Pyramid and Other Stag others dotted about.

Childrens World Cafe, sausages, eggs, beans and chips – Circus/Theatre near Bug World Museum

Did anyone try the Crocodile burger from one of the markets near the jazz field? I believe it was served up by an exotic foods company basted in Bristol, i cant remember the name. Anyway it was the most tastiest thing i have ever eaten.

Highly recommended!!

People watching-one of my favourite past times at Glastonbury

absolutely. people watching takes up a huuuuge part of my time at glastonbury, whether it be with food, a drink, a spliff whatever. these are probably the best people in the country, it'd be a waste if you didn't watch them.

on the subject of food i've returned every year to the same soup place who serve a brilliant leak and potato with a large lump of fresh bread for about 3pounds (bloody chinese computer not having a sterling symbol.) i'm afraid i can't be more specific about it's name, location or what it may look like, but i've forgotten the first two and don't carry a camera at glasto.

hope someone knows where i'm talking about though :D

absolutely. people watching takes up a huuuuge part of my time at glastonbury, whether it be with food, a drink, a spliff whatever. these are probably the best people in the country, it'd be a waste if you didn't watch them.

on the subject of food i've returned every year to the same soup place who serve a brilliant leak and potato with a large lump of fresh bread for about 3pounds (bloody chinese computer not having a sterling symbol.) i'm afraid i can't be more specific about it's name, location or what it may look like, but i've forgotten the first two and don't carry a camera at glasto.

hope someone knows where i'm talking about though :D

Its the blue Soup company situated a little down from the Queens Head

OMfG I'm so hungry now..

I'm having the goat curry this year as a promise to myself.

Where was the Tartiflette place.. that looks good to me..MMmmmmm :rolleyes:

The goat was so good, can't wait to have it again. Tartiflette place was in West Holts Field I think at the end furthest from the stage, if not actually in it then very near that field