Rugby

Guest Grand High Aviator

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'The point is that it would be unnecessary to creating a good festival.'

I don't think Glastonbury needs much help, direction or advice in creating a good festival. They seem to be doing a pretty good job so far. Just to remind paulo, alcatraz and others, a Lions series in South Africa is once every 12 years, not three times a week.

NS: Agreed on all your points. I'm sure that if the game was shown, enough people would watch it to make the screening worthwhile.

No touch for me thanks...

I'm not really up for leaving the site and attempting to head in to town to watch the game, I'd rather get a few beers in and sit in front of a big screen somewhere (the cinema or somewhere else...), thus minimising the possibility of missing stuff. Like I've said, I'm sure there would be enough people wanting to watch to make it worthwhile. Recording it and watching it days after isn't really the same either.

Anyone else had any more replies?

• 2 weeks later...
There is the principle of mixing the outside world with Glasto. Most of us go to forget the 'real' or 'outside' world. But I remember a few years ago there was an England World Cup match and the festival was divided for days over whether it should be shown. In the end it was shown on the Pyramid Stage screen and there was a great atmosphere and it went down well.

Not sure rugby has the same broad popular pull as soccer. It does where I live in Wales. But also not sure about the fervour that a Lions match (as opposed to a six nations match) will engender amongst the majority of Glasto goers.

Shame we couldn't have had Wales stuffing England shown at Glasto. That would have got the flags waving.

The end of the speculation, subject to injury replacements..:

Backs:

Lee Bryne

Rob Kearney

Shane Williams

Leigh Halfpenny

Ugo Monye

Luke Fitzgerald

Tommy Bowe

Tom Shanklin

Jamie Roberts

Brian O'Driscoll

Keith Earls

Riki Flutey

Ronan O'Gara

Stephen Jones

Mike Philips

Harry Ellis

Tomas O'Leary

Forwards:

Jamie Heaslip

Andy Powell

David Wallace

Stephen Ferris

Alan Quinlan

Joe Worsley

Martyn Williams

Alun Wyn Jones

Paul O'Connell ©

Donncha O'Callaghan

Simon Shaw

Nathan Hines

Gethin Jenkins

Adam Jones

Andrew Sheridan

Phil Vickery

Euan Murray

Jerry Flannery

Lee Mears

Matthew Rees

The end of the speculation, subject to injury replacements..:

Backs:

Lee Bryne

Rob Kearney

Shane Williams

Leigh Halfpenny

Ugo Monye

Luke Fitzgerald

Tommy Bowe

Tom Shanklin

Jamie Roberts

Brian O'Driscoll

Keith Earls

Riki Flutey

Ronan O'Gara

Stephen Jones

Mike Philips

Harry Ellis

Tomas O'Leary

Forwards:

Jamie Heaslip

Andy Powell

David Wallace

Stephen Ferris

Alan Quinlan

Joe Worsley

Martyn Williams

Alun Wyn Jones

Paul O'Connell ©

Donncha O'Callaghan

Simon Shaw

Nathan Hines

Gethin Jenkins

Adam Jones

Andrew Sheridan

Phil Vickery

Euan Murray

Jerry Flannery

Lee Mears

Matthew Rees

In principle I'd be up for watching it.. but in reality.. on a full festival day, when are you gonna find time??! Never mind, I can catch BB King or Bruce Springsteen any time, let's watch the Lions have their arses whipped yet again on TV instead.. Ain't gonna happen <_<

You could use a laptop plugged into a cigerette lighter in the car with a portable internet connection. Use a website like justin.tv(totally illegal btw)and hey presto! Rugby!

I personally wouldn't risk taking my laptop and wouldn't watch the rugby even if it was on at the cinema field far more exciting stuff on in Glastonbury in my view, but it would work all the same! Maybe somebody will do it lol I've seen far wackier at festivals.

Edited by BenchBuddah

I agree with this.

Given the time of the game I think it would be a bit of a waste of two hours. Suppose the NZ tour would have been a bit better given the 9am KO's.

There's plenty Rugby on the rest of the year. Not as if it's a WC final or Grand Slam decider.

As an aside I remember being at T in the Park in 2006! Night of the Football World Cup Final (the Zidane one!).

Was down at the main stage, watching the Arctic Monkeys and the Strokes, phone was dead and only kinda heard about the result and the headbutt incident from chat in the crowd.

Didn't see the goals or pen's etc till the end of the year in a kinda Year review show!