Neil Young....

Guest Andrew_iow

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

righty

I've done a spotify playlist of 25 songs, with some of his best stuff for those willing to give him a go.

http://open.spotify.com/user/ralph250/play...jwU5f7tneuHH6ry

spotify is an excellent free music site which streams songs...you just get a 45 sec advert every 8-10 songs in return, similar to a radio advert...eg, "new coming soon, the kings of leon" etc

Neil Young may be a well-respected artist, but IOW is a very commercial festival - it's not Glasto, and I don't think it really tries to be. I don't think NY is as accessible as any of the Sunday headliners in recent years.

I was telling the my girlfriend the other day that Neil Young was going to be appearing at the IOW. I told her I wasnt too familar with his songs. She promptly told me that she was. So I thought Ok, go on then, and asked her to name some of his songs. Easy, she replied - Love on the Rocks and Blue Jean

Dont think i need to say anything else.................................

I was telling the my girlfriend the other day that Neil Young was going to be appearing at the IOW. I told her I wasnt too familar with his songs. She promptly told me that she was. So I thought Ok, go on then, and asked her to name some of his songs. Easy, she replied - Love on the Rocks and Blue Jean

Dont think i need to say anything else.................................

• 4 weeks later...

im a Tinthepark goer and honestly to all you IOW goers tell you what how bout we swap The Killers or Snore Patrol for Neil Young and The Pixies and we will all just get along happy! You lot really dont realise how lucky you are seeing such important and brilliant acts. Most people on here seem more suited to T4 on the beach then anything.

im a Tinthepark goer and honestly to all you IOW goers tell you what how bout we swap The Killers or Snore Patrol for Neil Young and The Pixies and we will all just get along happy! You lot really dont realise how lucky you are seeing such important and brilliant acts. Most people on here seem more suited to T4 on the beach then anything.

I have done a lot of listening to Neil Young,since all the hooha yes some of his stuff is good and some was not to my liking,I will say he is a good musician/song writer. He wont be my top artist of years gone by,I would rate him but he would be down my list below the likes of Led Zep, Pink Floyd,Queen,The Who and The Stones. I know this will upset a lot of you die hard Neil Young fans,but this is a forum and we are all entitled to give our views and opinions for e.g.:Hard Rock Calling The Boss sold out his tickets in a couple of hours,they are still selling tickets for the Neil Young date,somebody who is meant to be so big you would expect the same sort of respone,on ticket sales as the Boss,but as I said earlier each and everyone to their own opinion.

I have done a lot of listening to Neil Young,since all the hooha yes some of his stuff is good and some was not to my liking,I will say he is a good musician/song writer. He wont be my top artist of years gone by,I would rate him but he would be down my list below the likes of Led Zep, Pink Floyd,Queen,The Who and The Stones. I know this will upset a lot of you die hard Neil Young fans,but this is a forum and we are all entitled to give our views and opinions for e.g.:Hard Rock Calling The Boss sold out his tickets in a couple of hours,they are still selling tickets for the Neil Young date,somebody who is meant to be so big you would expect the same sort of respone,on ticket sales as the Boss,but as I said earlier each and everyone to their own opinion.

A very honest opinion and one that I would have to share too. :huh::P

• 1 month later...
:lol::lol: Agreed.

Neil Young is loved by people who love music, aka, Noel Gallagher, Thom Yorke, Bob Dylan.

Theres hundreds more. Kurt Cobain even quoted some of Neil Youngs lyrics in his suicide note, Eddie Vedder loves him.

The impact Neil Young has had on music is astounding, dont judge before you listen, I'd suggest clicking straight on that 'Rockin in the Free World' link thats been posted,

Not his best song by far, but a good shocker for those that think hes nothing but a folk man.