Neil Young....

Guest Andrew_iow

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hate it - not exactly impressed with the saturday headliners either so im a bit pissed off.

only looking forward to friday so far

I'm looking forwrd to The Prodigy who have always been value when I've seen them a great live act that gets the crowd going. Phonics as well, Razorlight I've never seen live so prepared to give them a chance but Neil Young, I saw him at Reading in 95/96 when he was playing with members of Pearl Jam and they were the draw for me not him. Seems a misguided 3rd headliner.

I'm actually hoping that the press release is wrong and that we get Neil Diamond instead now that would be the business.

Edited by Leprekorn

Hmmmm

fort id give it a whirl this year...

Dont think i will even concider next year... :)

thought we might of had someone a little younger

suppose i get to see charlatans now though after missing them last year a T :)

well thats my sunday sorted il be rright at the front for charlatans. They will be packed but im definatly not gunna see neil young.

i can assure you Neil Young does not come on a budget, he can fetch 1-2 million a show...personally i would love to see NY but hearing the ridiculous reaction on every IOW board

i dont think id want to go to IOW

Glastonbury got a weak headlining bill last year, but noone who was going seemed too bothered, this is just coming across as IOW is purely about 3 or 4 big acts and if they arent good the whole thing as a festival is not good...(not stating as fact just the way its coming across)

dont flame me, as im not really that fussed, im just trying to show you an outsiders prospective, everyone on glasto board is pissing themselves laughing at IOW festival goers attitude

Edited by srvman

i can assure you Neil Young does not come on a budget, he can fetch 1-2 million a show...personally i would love to see NY but hearing the ridiculous reaction on every IOW board

i dont think id want to go to IOW

Glastonbury got a weak headlining bill last year, but noone who was going seemed too bothered, this is just coming across as IOW is purely about 3 or 4 big acts and if they arent good the whole thing as a festival is not good...(not stating as fact just the way its coming across)

dont flame me, as im not really that fussed, im just trying to show you an outsiders prospective, everyone on glasto board is pissing themselves laughing at IOW festival goers attitude

Ok so Glast last year had Jay Z but there are 20 or so other stages to go and see, me and the Mr's thought we would see what it was all about and it was good...

IOW has ONE main stage....that tent had better br bloody big for Sunday thats all I can say

There are two threads on efestivals today with very opposite views.

A Glastonbury thread that would love and are still hoping to have Neil Young and this one, which obviously hates the idea!

A few days ago everyone on the IOW forum was complaining that all the bands playing had already appeared at the festival - now when JG books somebody very different everybody starts complaining once again.

To be honest finding someone to beat previous Sunday headliners was always going to be difficult, whether Neil Young can pull it off or not remains to be seen - but give the guy a chance!!

If you aren't familiar with his pedigree check him out - he's certainly a lot more important musically than the Police!

End of Sermon - who do you think might support him Mr Paul Weller?

:lol:

There are two threads on efestivals today with very opposite views.

A Glastonbury thread that would love and are still hoping to have Neil Young and this one, which obviously hates the idea!

A few days ago everyone on the IOW forum was complaining that all the bands playing had already appeared at the festival - now when JG books somebody very different everybody starts complaining once again.

To be honest finding someone to beat previous Sunday headliners was always going to be difficult, whether Neil Young can pull it off or not remains to be seen - but give the guy a chance!!

If you aren't familiar with his pedigree check him out - he's certainly a lot more important musically than the Police!

End of Sermon - who do you think might support him Mr Paul Weller?

Maybe showing complete ignorance here, but off the top of my head i cannot think of anything he has done. Can't stand Prodigy- or in fact any of fridays line up, so if Phonics weren't playing i'd be selling my ticket. It's an expensive weekend that i can only justify with a good line up and i know there are plenty more to be announced, but it'd have to go a whole long way to make up for what looks like a shocking line up right now.

None the less, will still go as phonics are there, and will make the best of a bad situation whether that is at the festival or off site is yet to be decided.

Maybe showing complete ignorance here, but off the top of my head i cannot think of anything he has done.

oh well, I guess the 60+ albums he's played on and which have all sold hugely around the world have passed you by.

Have you considered attending a pop festival such as T4 on the Beach instead? I'm sure it would suit you far better.