Camp Bestival 2009

Guest 5co77ie

Confirmed so far:

Live Acts:

PJ Harvey (UK Solo Show Exclusive) :: Mercury Rev :: Chic feat. Nile Rogers :: Bon Iver ::

Candi Staton :: Roots Manuva :: dan le sac Vs Scroobius Pip :: The Cuban Brothers :: Ebony Bones! :: Dub Pistols :: Beardyman :: Chase & Status feat. Takura, MC Rage & Plan B :: Drums of Death :: Rusko :: Micachu & The Shapes :: Hayseed Dixie :: Horace Andy & Dub Asante :: Bastila :: Dan Black :: Introducing :: Hockey :: Imelda May :: Laura Izibor :: Marina and the Diamonds :: O Death :: Wave Machines :: plus many more still to be announced.

DJs:

Erol Alkan :: Rob da Bank :: Zane Lowe :: Annie Mac presents :: DJ Yoda :: Andy C & MC GQ :: Aeroplane :: High Contrast :: DJ Derek :: Gilles Peterson :: Scratch Perverts :: Benga :: Boys Noize :: Greg Wilson :: Trojan Sound System plus special guests :: Skream :: Barry Peters :: Frank Tope :: Sombrero Sound System :: Fear of Theydon :: plus many more still to be announced.

Comedy:

Frankie Boyle (UK Festival Exclusive) :: Phill Jupitus :: Marcus Brigstocke :: Andrew Maxwell :: Andre Vincent :: plus many more still to be announced.

Spoken Word:

Scroobius Pip (curating & presenting) :: Excentral Tempest :: Poem Inbetween People :: Tim Clare :: plus many more still to be announced.

Literature:

Neil Boorman :: Richard Milward :: Chris Killen :: Joe Stretch :: Ross Raisin :: Bookslam feat. Patrick Neate, Laura Dockerill (Dockers MC) and Salena Godden :: Damian Barr :: plus many more still to be announced.

Plus:

English National Ballet present 'Angelina Ballerina’ :: River Cottage Café feat. Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall :: 100 Free Things For Children :: Silent Disco :: Penguin Children’s Books Tent :: Underage ‘Let’s Go Crazy’ Parties :: Boutique Camping (available to hire now!) :: Real Ale Festival :: The Sunday Times Coffee Mornings :: Jousting with The Knights Of Lulworth :: Spacious Campsites :: Great Family Facilities :: Local Foodstuffs :: and much much more!

Hugh F-W FTW. DYSWIDT?

Splendid - Bon Iver, PJ Harvey, Marina and The Diamonds ! Woop woop !

Just a shame ticketline sent an email out last night saying what the line up was, as it spolit the fun of the video a little....good work by the Camp Bestival crew for doing the announcement in in unusual way though......

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I've got tickets for Glastonbury - and am planning on going with my partner and our 3 year old - but now I'm thinking that Camp Bestival is a safer bet - mainly due to not having to get her out of school - and hassle of getting in and around Glastonbury with a little one.

Any (too unbiased) opinions please.

Thanks for the reply. Can't really do both - too much money. My little one has also started school (they start them early in manchester), so we have to book time off for her if going Glastonbury - this is something the school seems dead against due to crap attendance records with ofsted etc.

Anyway.,.......

still thinking about it. We have until May8th to get a full refund. I love Glastonbury - and there's loads there to keep her happy - but Glastonbury is now really a 5 day festival which we are also thinking may be just a bit too much - just taking her up town for a few hours is hard work!

Also, obviously not as many bands at Camp Bestival - but I like what lineup they have - certainly more preferential to me than the headliners at Glastonbury this year.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the reply. Can't really do both - too much money. My little one has also started school (they start them early in manchester), so we have to book time off for her if going Glastonbury - this is something the school seems dead against due to crap attendance records with ofsted etc.

Anyway.,.......

still thinking about it. We have until May8th to get a full refund. I love Glastonbury - and there's loads there to keep her happy - but Glastonbury is now really a 5 day festival which we are also thinking may be just a bit too much - just taking her up town for a few hours is hard work!

Also, obviously not as many bands at Camp Bestival - but I like what lineup they have - certainly more preferential to me than the headliners at Glastonbury this year.

• 1 month later...