Solfest 2009

Guest Mosin

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Aye, tis a wonderful weekend, never missed one and don't aim to..stunning location, lovely people and great music across a big airy site that gives you space to wander...

Line up this year is looking good, (still hoping for Banco De Gaia and Loonaloop to pop up in the dance tent line up and Martha Tilston on the Drystone...)..

Can't wait for the Lancashire Hotpots tho...class!!!

Aye, tis a wonderful weekend, never missed one and don't aim to..stunning location, lovely people and great music across a big airy site that gives you space to wander...

Line up this year is looking good, (still hoping for Banco De Gaia and Loonaloop to pop up in the dance tent line up and Martha Tilston on the Drystone...)..

Can't wait for the Lancashire Hotpots tho...class!!!

Hey people - I haven't posted on here for a while. Just wondered what the music genre is in the dance tent. My main love is techno but I can cope with a variety of other stuff. :D Not been to Solfest before but I'm enthused by a forum friend who has.

THE ORB!!!!! I am moooooooooooost pleased!! :D Not seen em live since about 2002 and not at a festie since about 93!!! Nice one Solfest!!!!

CyberP - Expect a very varied but very good dance tent!

Every year it has happened, the Solfest dance tent has been the best I have experienced across the 6 or so festies attended (Bearded Theory might pip it this year tho, not that I am biased :D ) The Saturday is normally Sunrise day/night and these guys know how to party, expect bass-drenched full on psychedelic Acid Trance from the lovely Ed Tangent and Techno Hippie... Onney is a star as well...

I cannot wait!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Im trying to make my mind up between ths and the Green Man festival.

Can you give me a bit of an idea of what Solfest is like, in terms of atmosphere,general age of festival goers etc. We will be in group of mixed ages between 15 and 45 so will it appeal to us all?

Is there anything to do at night once the main stages close? And is it an arena based festival?

Thanks in advance :lol:

My group of 10 from last year range from 45 to 3 years old and every one had a great time , there was work shops for adults and the kids/teenagers lots great things going on , parking right next to your tent is a god send when you have young kids.

the kids got there face painted every day and on the saturday fancy dress is great ( you dont have to participate but when in rome and all that)

The dance tent went on to the early hours and I met busta blood vessel ,If you do decide to go and the mushroom stall in onsite again near the drystone wall stage ... they are a MUST YUM YUM

Edited by karlpowell