****LINEUP UPDATE****

Guest mike99

I don't see why they cant release some names of acts that are playing Glasto but have big gigs in the summer. It's not like everyones gonna suddenly get tickets for Glasto instead of these summer stadium gigs................. THEY HAVE SOLD 90% OF THE TICKETS!!! There are hardly any tickets left!!!

that might well get factored in now, and allow them to release some names earlier than they'd have otherwise been allowed. But I'm only guessing at that.

The fact is that for any show of any size there's not much room for there to a profit in it if there's unsold tickets. So while there's (I'm guessing) around 10,000 Glasto tickets left, if people bought the Glasto tickets instead of, say, Blur's London shows tickets then those London shows might fail to make a profit, and might even make the promoter a loss.

Because Glasto gets its acts (compared to their normal fee) on the cheap, Glasto often has has to play second-fiddle to those other promoters - those promoters understandably want to protect the shows they've invested their money in which sell on just the name of the one act. Glasto doesn't (particularly) sell itself by the acts that are appearing but by 'the whole thing', and so doesn't need those names to sell itself in the same way.

that might well get factored in now, and allow them to release some names earlier than they'd have otherwise been allowed. But I'm only guessing at that.

The fact is that for any show of any size there's not much room for there to a profit in it if there's unsold tickets. So while there's (I'm guessing) around 10,000 Glasto tickets left, if people bought the Glasto tickets instead of, say, Blur's London shows tickets then those London shows might fail to make a profit, and might even make the promoter a loss.

Because Glasto gets its acts (compared to their normal fee) on the cheap, Glasto often has has to play second-fiddle to those other promoters - those promoters understandably want to protect the shows they've invested their money in which sell on just the name of the one act. Glasto doesn't (particularly) sell itself by the acts that are appearing but by 'the whole thing', and so doesn't need those names to sell itself in the same way.

Yeah, thats a fair point. Those Eavis's are too nice for their own good, but its best to keep a good relationship with all promoters for future negotiations at the festival.

I do feel that they will confirm some acts early Feb though due to the state of ticket sales at the moment....... but I guess we'll wait and see :lol:

Yeah, thats a fair point. Those Eavis's are too nice for their own good, but its best to keep a good relationship with all promoters for future negotiations at the festival.

I do feel that they will confirm some acts early Feb though due to the state of ticket sales at the moment....... but I guess we'll wait and see :lol:

I suspect (but don't know for sure) that nothing will be announced until sometime after the ticket sale which starts on 2nd Feb has ended.

I also suspect (but don't know for sure) that they'll be at least a week between Bruce's other UK dates being announced and him being announced for Glastonbury.

In all fairness I THINK the the sentiment was, they shouldn't say 'we are hoping to announce bands in 2 weeks' when they are not sure they can. Dont say anything until they are 100% sure.

(in my defence, before you come back at me, I have paraphrased people and guessed on the intent of their posts)

I'd guess that at the point that was written it was hoped that things might be able to have been announced w3ithin two weeks.

But to actually be in that position requires all the bits of the jigsaw to slot into place within expected timeframes, and lots of things about that will be totally outside of Glasto's control.

The only way they'd be able to make a categorical statement about when stuff can be announced is when everything was in place ready for announcing. And so they'd be making an announcement of that forthcoming announcement with everything in place, and then you'd be bitching about having to wait cos you knew everything was ready to be announced. :lol:

So it's not really something they could ever satisfy people with, is it? Whichever way they did it they'd get criticism for it.

So chill, and relax. It'll happen when it happens. Whenever it happens - last week or next week - we get to see all the exact same bands they've booked on the exact same stages they've been booked for come June. :D

.........And so they'd be making an announcement of that forthcoming announcement with everything in place, and then you'd be bitching about having to wait cos you knew everything was ready to be announced. :)