Camping 2009

Guest saintupnorth

Regent College is undergoing major building works (but not until after the Big Session before anyone starts worrying about that). This may create a few issues

As soon as we are completely clear about how the site will work, we will post the details - should be a couple of weeks. Please be assured we are completley committed to

i. only implementing changes that make things even better

ii. maintaining a quiet and family camping areas. We know how important this is!

cheers

Edited by RichardH

if anything the new layout is potentially far better. for one thing, it removes the issue of children / families having to cross roads to get to the site. and in all honestly, victoria park is a pretty fantastic piece of grass to camp on.

i once saw victoria beckham mime on victoria park while people threw apples at her. true fact........

I agree it's potentially better but regular readers will know I'm a complete nightmare when it comes to wanting quiet at night. I will want to be reassured how the quiet camping will be kept separate. I'm sure those nice people at SSW will have thought of something.

What I love about Regents site is that it is actually in a different area from the main site and therefore you can't hear the main site.

Some festivals that have a 'family / quiet' camping area just have it right next to the main camping, and so sound from the main camping carries right across in the night, so it's not that different to being in the main camping. Plus when both camping areas are on the same site, often the quiet camping is not well controlled and you end up with a lot of noisy people in the quiet camping.

I hope that SS manage to ensure that 'quiet camping' remains exactly that ! It's one of the few festivals where I manage to get a decent nights sleep, which is a real pleasure for someone of my age !!!

if anything the new layout is potentially far better. for one thing, it removes the issue of children / families having to cross roads to get to the site. and in all honestly, victoria park is a pretty fantastic piece of grass to camp on.

i once saw victoria beckham mime on victoria park while people threw apples at her. true fact........

to be honest, when richard announced the camping was all on victoria park, i think the first thing everyone has said is

`oh, will you still have a quiet camping area`?

and his first response was that that was the most important issue in the affair, so it will be well and truly taken into account.

on a plus side, all the camping on one site, provides for better security, better communication, everyone all in one place, and no children having to cross a busy road.

and it makes my walk a little shorter, when we try and gang press you all in to buying last minute fringe tickets!!!!!