Secret Garden Party 2009

Guest fingers_mark

Just thought i'd create a fresh thread for this year........

http://www.secretgardenparty.com/2009/

It's going to be great again, isn't it?

Tickets are on sale now - but early bird have sold out

Adult Ticket (18+) - £137 + £8 Booking Fee

Teen Tickets (14-17 Must be accompanied) - £110 + £6 Booking Fee

Free Children's Ticket (0-13)

Campervan Ticket - £40 + £2.40 Booking Fee

For those that don't know - it's a festival for roughly 5-7,000 people - near Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire. A truly beautiful setting.

Share your excitement, wishes, anticipation, ideas here!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rolleyes: Secret Garden Party Art Installation and Action Camp Subsmissions:

Secret Garden Party are currently looking for submissions of Art Installations and for Action Camps.

Secret Garden Party are currently looking for submissions for Art Installations and for Action Camps for 2009's festival...

No need for explanation on Art Installations - we're just looking for exciting things to be placed around the site.

On the Action Camps, this is a chance for you to create an area dedicated to your passion.

Some previous years Action Camps include:

Conspiracy Camp - an area for debates and discussions on conspiracies - with special guest speakers from former KGB and MI5 Agents...

Pants Camp - bring in your pants and make them into something dashingly special, to be used at your own leisure or for pleasant strolls around the lake of the festival

Explorers Camp - debates and discussions on Explorers, with special guest speakers

If you are interested in creating a camp at this years Secret Garden Party, with up to £500 funding and 5 tickets for all your team, then feel free to send me an email and ill pass you on an application form:

Brennan@secretgardenparty.com

For Art Installations, email : art@secretgardenparty.com

Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello :wave:

I'm really interested in going to this this summer as I will have just finished my A levels, the only other festival I've been to is glastonbury in 07 and 08.

A few of questions really

1. I doubt any of my friends will want to come because of ticket price so is it the kind of festival that you can go by yourself and have a good time?

2. are tickets on high demand?

3. Can I work for my ticket?

Hello :wave:

I'm really interested in going to this this summer as I will have just finished my A levels, the only other festival I've been to is glastonbury in 07 and 08.

A few of questions really

1. I doubt any of my friends will want to come because of ticket price so is it the kind of festival that you can go by yourself and have a good time?

2. are tickets on high demand?

3. Can I work for my ticket?

Thanks ;)

• 1 month later...
1 You'll have a good time. Easy to make friends as soon as you get there. You see the same faces around as well.

2 Fairly. Probable sell out, so wouldn't leave it past May.

3 Yes, lots work the bars - www.peppermintbars.co.uk normally run it.

Hope this helps, and you're scrambling for that debit card :D

This looks like a great fest and we missed last years--hoping to go this time round.

Got to say though... have just read last couple of posts... and the phrase Posh Hippy made me smile---until i read the next post inc the line up etc.

We are fortunate enough to be able to afford to do within reason (BIG reason) quite a few fests during the summer--it is our passion and we make the effort with 3 bairns etc etc...

but I feel i must speak of my feeling of unrest reading the latter part of the last post....

The prices quoted for these "luxury" boo-teek camping facilities are obscene imo... I know I know... if people want em--and they got the brass etc etc--well fair enough..but sorry I find it contemptable that anyone would go to a festival and pay such money to eventually kip under the stars.

We have a (large) 25yr old campervan-- Meet The Fockers style which I sometimes feel uncomfortable in cos it might seem pretentious (even though its looking worse for wear every year).... but we feel we done enough fests with babies in tow etc etc to warrant a little bit of "luxury"--- and at a cost of only a couple of these fancy bivowacs on offer at SG.

Will be very interesting to see the take up on this Posh Range of tents...but I must say... the top end as described above stinks imo.

Credit Crunch me arse.

den

but I feel i must speak of my feeling of unrest reading the latter part of the last post....

The prices quoted for these "luxury" boo-teek camping facilities are obscene imo... I know I know... if people want em--and they got the brass etc etc--well fair enough..but sorry I find it contemptable that anyone would go to a festival and pay such money to eventually kip under the stars.

We have a (large) 25yr old campervan-- Meet The Fockers style which I sometimes feel uncomfortable in cos it might seem pretentious (even though its looking worse for wear every year).... but we feel we done enough fests with babies in tow etc etc to warrant a little bit of "luxury"--- and at a cost of only a couple of these fancy bivowacs on offer at SG.

Will be very interesting to see the take up on this Posh Range of tents...but I must say... the top end as described above stinks imo.

Credit Crunch me arse.

den

We're playing SGP this year (despite the organisers saying THE Bicycle Thieves on the announcement!).

Just wondering if anyone who has been before knows what to expect in terms of bands playing on the Thursday? Do many people turn up on the Thursday night? How many stages are open? Really like the look of the festival, hopefully we'll be able to stay for the weekend!

www.myspace.com/bicyclethievesuk

We're playing SGP this year (despite the organisers saying THE Bicycle Thieves on the announcement!).

Just wondering if anyone who has been before knows what to expect in terms of bands playing on the Thursday? Do many people turn up on the Thursday night? How many stages are open? Really like the look of the festival, hopefully we'll be able to stay for the weekend!

I really want to go to SGP as it sounds amazing, but it looks like the friends I was meant to be going with will end up cancelling due to lack of funds :lol:

I'm not too keen on turning up on my own, would any other solo gardeners be up for a meet up or even camping together??!

Having missed out last year due to similar issues I'm determined that it won't stop me this time, even though I've never done anything like this on my own before!

Also, has anyone ever worked SGP with peppermint bars? If so, what are the shifts like and are they good to work for? Working it is my plan B!

I really want to go to SGP as it sounds amazing, but it looks like the friends I was meant to be going with will end up cancelling due to lack of funds :lol:

I'm not too keen on turning up on my own, would any other solo gardeners be up for a meet up or even camping together??!

Having missed out last year due to similar issues I'm determined that it won't stop me this time, even though I've never done anything like this on my own before!

Also, has anyone ever worked SGP with peppermint bars? If so, what are the shifts like and are they good to work for? Working it is my plan B!

Edited by fingers_mark

• 4 weeks later...

Fat Freddy's Drop are down as confirmed now, but I couldn't see them on the website. Is this definitely right yeah? Just because I want to be able to tell people and don't want to let them down if it isn't 100%. Thanks! And I think this has made up my mind that I'll have to find a way to go...

Fat Freddy's Drop are down as confirmed now, but I couldn't see them on the website. Is this definitely right yeah? Just because I want to be able to tell people and don't want to let them down if it isn't 100%. Thanks! And I think this has made up my mind that I'll have to find a way to go...
Edited by SarahNatBenAmy

not going this year got other comitments! how ever the last 2 years have been bloody fantastic!!!!!!! how ever glasvegas were confirmed last year but this was not true they had never even heard of sgp and on returning i found they had posted a apology on line! (the bandthat is ) so we were all very dissapointed about that ! and talked to some djs that were due to play but couldnt find any organisers at the and took ages trying to gain entry!

• 2 weeks later...