Glastonbury Tales...

Guest flibbitybob

I've only been to Glastonbury once (last year) and I can honestly say it was the best weekend of my life!! I've realised since going how fun it is to share little stories about the random wonderful events... so thought I'd start a little discussion here.

For me here are some of the lovely memories...

Going up to the top of stone circle on the Wednesday night, with my friend yelling "DON'T LOOK BACK!" every five seconds. When I was finally allowed to turn around I fell over in amazement at the beauty of it.

Watching Jimmy Cliff with my sister (we're both massive fans) and singing like a crazy person at the top of my voice, then going back to the tent and telling everyone that "Jimmy Cliff touched my soul".

And being trapped inside a toilet (the hinges on the next door had broken and it had swung round and closed on my door) on the sunday night with men in all the cubicles around me shouting "fire in the hole!!". It was horrific, but funny looking back on it.

Ahhh the memories, all I have to while away the time until June.

Share yours!

And being trapped inside a toilet (the hinges on the next door had broken and it had swung round and closed on my door) on the sunday night with men in all the cubicles around me shouting "fire in the hole!!". It was horrific, but funny looking back on it.

Ok just one as I have mentioned it in another thread

In 90 or 94 cant recall, My mate and I had were very very battered from a long day of smoking herbal substances.

we found the Cinema and it was showing Loony tunes cartoons.

So we sat down in the middle and started to watch Road Runner.

It was at this point that we started giggling. After about 10 mins, Wylie Coyote had for some reason lost the use of his legs and began to walk on his bum cheeks. That was it. Nobody could save either me or my mate as we collapsed in hysterical laughter for about and hour. I woke the next day and I physically ached.

:lol:

late on the thursday night sat up near the stone circles when some lads lads looking panicky asking if id seen theyre wallet which i answered no i then priceeded topo have a quick shufty about found it et on off on a mad hopeless dash to find the lad in question bizarly i managred to find him returned it and was rewarded by a look of unhibited joy and relief and the handshakes of random passrs by lovely lovely moment. then lost all my friends found some people involved on a mission and joined them on a maniac wander round the campsite on the look out for druggs great times

There are sooooo many................

But one that will stick in my mind, is climbing to the top of LOVE and having Happy Birthday sung to me by around 30 people, most of them strangers (or just friends i hadn't met yet!) whilst nicely tripping on a then legal i must add infusion of Fungus!!!

One of many many joyful memories!!!!

And heres to many more .....................

:rolleyes::):(

Links to a couple of posts along similar lines I started in the past

http://archive.efestivals.co.uk/forums/ind...showtopic=41922

http://archive.efestivals.co.uk/forums/ind...showtopic=45039

Check them out. I really enjoyed re-reading everybody else's contributions

Last year on the Friday

In the tiny Cinema up towards the green fields on

Early hours of the morning watching the Sigur Ros film

I was in floods of tears , and had some people come to take me to Iceland , I would have gone

and left everything I own or care for behind !!!!

My 3rd day of having it had taken its toll and I was a wreck !!!! , then wandered up to Stone Circle

and I was right as rain again !

:rolleyes:

Links to a couple of posts along similar lines I started in the past

http://archive.efestivals.co.uk/forums/ind...showtopic=41922

http://archive.efestivals.co.uk/forums/ind...showtopic=45039

Check them out. I really enjoyed re-reading everybody else's contributions

me and my mates decided for the whole weekend that we were "badger hunters"... the only badger-hunting memory that i can actually remember was running about the campsite at about 5am "badger hunting" with a tent pole with a sleeping bag bag on the end of it.... i dont know. :(

Edited by hard2explain