Favourite Glastonbury of the 00's?

Guest alframsey

Im interested to find out which is considered THE BEST festival of this decade so far. For me i had mixed feelings, i loved 2000 even though it seemed very very crowded. But again ast year felt to me like Glastonbury had reavirmed itself as the top festival in the world!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2008. My first but it was the best week of my life...i cant see how this year will beat it, the weather was brilliant (but with a little bit of rain which i didnt mind, infact i kinda liked it), the bands were great, the people were great, the atmosphere, it was just incredible.

I love Glastonbury with all my heart.

2008. My first but it was the best week of my life...i cant see how this year will beat it, the weather was brilliant (but with a little bit of rain which i didnt mind, infact i kinda liked it), the bands were great, the people were great, the atmosphere, it was just incredible.

I love Glastonbury with all my heart.

I think '03 or this year for sure! '02 was amazing and comes a close third but this year and '03 were so good.

In '03 my friends had a tipi in the (now old) tipi fild so that was amazing, hung out there a hell of a lot! I was with a good group as well and also bumped into loads of people I didnt expect to see there. Last year was just a really good year, good weather and I was with a huge group of people that I only see at the festivals.

I'd like to hear from people who've been to every festival in the decade on this thread.

FWIW Ive been to 4 of the 7 festivals in the 00's so ain't got the full picture, innit.

Best one for me was prolly the last one 2008. First time I ever saw grass on the Other Stage field. Was totally shocked.

:):huh::D

2003 or 2004 for me, the weather in 2003 was amazing but I think I saw a lot more musically that I enjoyed in 2004. Not really a lot between them though, 2007 the weather was horrendous and my bad experiences (and many others) on trying to get out on the Monday nearly put me off for good, standing at the bus station in freezing cold water, penned in so could not leave the queue to get hot drinks, before eventually getting out and the lovely red cross people helping us out with hot drinks and space blankets at Castle Cary station...

Of course, I still bought a ticket for 2008... and then wound up being so ill I couldn't go, so hopefully this year will be the one to make up for it! Looks like I'll be going on my own if I make it though, as the usual crowd I go with have decided it is too expensive (and they may be right).

It's probably 2002 for me. I know people say the festival has been sanitised after the super-wall, but it was my first Glasto, and the line-up had some real corkers for me on it. Faithless at the Pyramid, Robert Plant's set at the accoustic tent, Orbital, Roger Waters, all brilliant :huh:

easy, 2002 by a very long country mile.

faithless dropping not just one of the best glasto sets, but one of the greatest sets of all time.

and then throw in Doves, White Stripes, Beta Band, Orbital, BRMC, Elbow, Spearhead and the legend that is Roger Waters.

for god sake, even Coldplay were quite good that year - or maybe that was just the natural euphoria lasting from the faithless gig

hands down!!