Kendal Calling

Guest burnageblue

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you had a great time last year foodfinder but I did not.

As Paul says this forum is for everyone to post their experiences. If people were to only post the positives and not the negatives then how war others to make an informed choice of whether a festival is the right one for them?

Last year was a complete debacle as far as I'm concerned and thats the reason that Im not going this year.

I hope you have a great time, playing in the snow. I will be taking my money elsewhere.

Maybe you had a great time last year foodfinder but I did not.

As Paul says this forum is for everyone to post their experiences. If people were to only post the positives and not the negatives then how war others to make an informed choice of whether a festival is the right one for them?

Last year was a complete debacle as far as I'm concerned and thats the reason that Im not going this year.

I hope you have a great time, playing in the snow. I will be taking my money elsewhere.

Meeting you was one of my highlights of Kendal Calling last year! See my sig for this years destinations ;)

Bearded Theory is superb and only £45 for 3 days! Just think, in 3 weeks time we could be dancing about a field again. Add to that the fact that it's not too far from you and therefore only a tiny carbon footprint! Less than 100 tickets left so get a shifty on!!!!

Oh yeah, dur, didn't see that.

WTF :huh::D , Snow??!!?? Sorry to be a whinger naarjtie, I can usually see the funny/bright side of life, which is why I'm giving the festival another shot after last year.

But this sounds a terrible waste of festival funds, and a huge carbon footprint to produce, transport and maintain, in an attempt to be 'quirky and different?'. Why couldn't you spray the dear luminous pink and orange and have them lap dancing in an over 18 tent or something?

Is this why you've increased capacity? To pay for this?

Think I'm getting too old for festivals, I'm losing my sense of humour :D

As the snow seems to be getting mixed reviews I thought I'd give my two penneth for what its worth...

Me and our lass are really looking forward to it, we got married in an ice church last year in the arctic circle, so it will hopefully evoke many happy memories ! Couple that with the snowball factor you're on to a winner for us :)

Yes, the ice will be another of those interesting changes to the atmosphere so much a part of Kendal district! But Penrith and Lowther park are not like Kendal, the climate is dry at that time of the year. Get in quick before it melts!

If it’s like last year, I won’t get to play there anyway. We all spent most of our weekend in the village with the folk and jazz music. Will there still be the folk marquee? Are you hoping to extend it? There were also kids activities there. Will there be more of that? (I don’t mean the mud sculptures) This was an area of the festival that was less frenetic and well suited to our kids. We met there often !

still no answer on my campfire question... :D

one more while I'm at it. How cramped are the camping areas ? Got a large family sized tent, tekkin kids too. Decided against using it at Glasto as there just aint the space, but wondering whether it might be suitable here.

Its just the same as other festivals, the earlier you turn up the more space you can get !!

I can't see you having any probs tho, theres family (quieter) camping areas. I'd imagine the camping ares are gonna be a lot better than they were last year.

if just seen in a thread on the reading & leeds boards that frank turner will be playing kendal this year after cancelling his appearence at sonisphere. for me this is an excellent addition to an already brilliant line up. can anyone confirm this? heres the thread.

/index.php?showtopic=119967&st=0">http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/index.p...119967&st=0

also is there any chance we could get mystery jets this year after they were forced to pull out last year?

Hey there. We're getting ready to announce the remainder / bulk of our lineup very shorly so things are rather busy behind the scenes!

Kippax - didn't see your original question there - I'm afraid campfires aren't possible - at least not for this year. We will have fire sculptures around the arena and campsite though, so there will be somewhere to sit and watch the sunrise. :P

Nu-marc88 - well spotted. Frank Turner will indeed be playing on the Saturday - a personal favourite of mine so I'm really happy with that.

Hey there. We're getting ready to announce the remainder / bulk of our lineup very shorly so things are rather busy behind the scenes!

Kippax - didn't see your original question there - I'm afraid campfires aren't possible - at least not for this year. We will have fire sculptures around the arena and campsite though, so there will be somewhere to sit and watch the sunrise. :)

Nu-marc88 - well spotted. Frank Turner will indeed be playing on the Saturday - a personal favourite of mine so I'm really happy with that.

SNOW??? SNOW???? SNOW???? You've pretty much made my life time!! can i bring my snowboard??! i have no issues with carying it round all weekend fully boarded up!

Oh and loving the dub acts on this years line up. My additions would be either kissy sell out or Jaymo and Andy George. Both throw amazing party sets and a radio 1 dj is always a good look!!!

God i'm excited, got 20 of us coming up from northampton, if its half the festival it was last year then it'll be immense! looking forward to the new site and more snow, less mud!

:P;);)

SNOW??? SNOW???? SNOW???? You've pretty much made my life time!! can i bring my snowboard??! i have no issues with carying it round all weekend fully boarded up!

Oh and loving the dub acts on this years line up. My additions would be either kissy sell out or Jaymo and Andy George. Both throw amazing party sets and a radio 1 dj is always a good look!!!

God i'm excited, got 20 of us coming up from northampton, if its half the festival it was last year then it'll be immense! looking forward to the new site and more snow, less mud!

:lol::D:)