Kendal Calling

Guest burnageblue

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice little review there Paul. Looking for an English festival to do next year and Kendal Calling fits in with my holidays. It's a toss up between this and Latitude. Guilfest looks to be out as the goers aren't too impressed with last year. Taking the kids so I'm not wanting moaning all weekend. I'll see what happens this year thou. Any ideas?

Texted my mate. Not got a clue about tents and stages at KC, or where The Travelling Band will play, but the headliners for where they're playing is..............................................................................

........ Buster Rhymes.

Hi everybody!

What a great location Lowther will be. Have you al seen the youtube promo vid?

http://www.youtube.com/user/KendalCallingTV

It brought back happy memories of sun and mud, real ale, great gathering.

What is the chance of a repeat of the folk tent, real ale bar, straw bales (These were fun for the kids, as was the mud sculpting!!)

Will there be a quiet site for us and the kids?

I like the idea of the coach travel from Kendal but I think with kids and all, we'll go with the car.

I hope too that the food 'court' will be as good (and as cheap) as last year..

Was reminising about last years fest with llcoolphil the other night. I was saying that one of the most memorable things for me was not the music, mud or terrible loos but a bloke who was camped next to us called Edmund. He was awesome. It would be great to catch up with him again :)

Anyone else remember him?

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance we can have the Lancashire Hotpots (and/or the wurzels - if you could drag them out of somerset :P, they'd be a beltin laugh on a sunny afternoon !

Headline wise, if David Bowie isn't available, I think The Coral or The Zutons would be a good call and to see Twisted Wheel back again would be nice.

Howdy, I'm glad to be the bearer of good news - we've just announced The Zutons as Saturday night headliners.

The website is online now at www.kendalcalling.com and to coincide, we've announced the bulk of the dance lineup and a teeny bit of the rest. More announcements to come. :)

Tickets are selling well - we passed the 1250 mark last week. Surprising for us as this time last year I don't think they'd gone on sale yet!

PS - Lancashire Hotpots we've tried for every year, maybe this is the one? And I love Twisted Wheels new tune..

Edited by naarjtie

Howdy, I'm glad to be the bearer of good news - we've just announced The Zutons as Saturday night headliners.

The website is online now at www.kendalcalling.com and to coincide, we've announced the bulk of the dance lineup and a teeny bit of the rest. More announcements to come. :)

Tickets are selling well - we passed the 1250 mark last week. Surprising for us as this time last year I don't think they'd gone on sale yet!

PS - Lancashire Hotpots we've tried for every year, maybe this is the one? And I love Twisted Wheels new tune..