Tents

Guest kinglewi

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to fabricate a trolley for it and drag it around with me! :D

I'd like one of those too. However back to the thread subject i'm after a nice easy to put up 2 or 3 man tent for pre fest nights

I am looking for some advice regards buying a new tent, i have a vango milano two man at present but it took a bit of a beating a loopallu last year and is too small anyway for me and the wife.

I have been looking at 4/5man tents, i have seen a nice outdoor revolution 5 man tent, however the weight is over 15kg, is that too heavy for carrying? also it is a quite expensive tent over £100 would folk recomend getting something cheaper? any ideas would be welcomed.

I saw that one too - looks a really good buy actually.

I think a day tent is kind of like a gazebo? That's what I thought anyway, a posh gazebo admittedly! For extra storage and putting muddy boots and for everyone to sit round and eat and so on.

A kind of extra living area at your camp. For partaking of port and cigars.

• 2 weeks later...

One measure of a good tent is the HH Hydrostatic Head measurement which you need to be over 3000mm but that speaks nothing of the seams- where a tent will likely leak. That is down to either luck or quality. However, ultimately... for a festie like Glasto I would take a risk with a cheapish tent and bring a huge groundsheet as extra cover and peg it down well. We all know how it can turn at Glasto and become very very bad... you can feel silly pegging away whilst others are on their 4th beer but you'll be damn glad when you return at 4am in the rain after a heavy sesh and hiding from the rain in Trash City!