Dr Who revealed

tinygreendragon

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the likes of the Daleks don't remember the Doctor - then that makes them more dangerous doesn't it? All that has happened is the Daleks have suddenly lost their fear of bumping into The Doctor.

All those aliens who run and hide like the Atraxi and so on will now be fearlessly plundering the universe for all it's worth now that they have nothing to fear. Can't believe The Doctor hasn't thought about this - how many times in just the Matt Smith episodes alone has an alien race turned up only to do a runner at the sight of the Doctor?

When the cats away and all that....

Edited by Purple Monkey

Ive never been to New York but surly there is never a point where noone is looking at the statue?

That's what I thought!

If the likes of the Daleks don't remember the Doctor - then that makes them more dangerous doesn't it? All that has happened is the Daleks have suddenly lost their fear of bumping into The Doctor.

All those aliens who run and hide like the Atraxi and so on will now be fearlessly plundering the universe for all it's worth now that they have nothing to fear. Can't believe The Doctor hasn't thought about this - how many times in just the Matt Smith episodes alone has an alien race turned up only to do a runner at the sight of the Doctor?

When the cats away and all that....

That's a really good point, I like that idea a lot :)

Poor old rory's dad indeed sad.png

A character I have really enjoyed. I hope we haven't seen the last of him.

themuel's post perfectly sums up my opinion of the episode.

This picture from tumblr was quite good on that front.

tumblr_mb4meq8Auq1qfe7z2o1_500.jpg

Origanal on Tumblr - http://paperseverywhere.tumblr.com/post/32540031218/incoherent-sobbing-noises

Edited by TalkShow Bob

I agree with Purple Monkey,I'd love to see Smith come into contact with the Master.I'd love to see how he would play it.

Since Moffat took the reigns the writing and story's have been outstanding but as time goes on I've come to realise I'm more interested in Matt Smith's performance and how he plays the role.I wonder how much of it is him or Moffats direction?

Indeed, Matt Smith is for me, the 2nd best doctor (as I grew up with and love Tom Baker, I don't think he could be supplanted because of that emotional connection). His range is amazing and he brings such energy to the role it is hard to believe that some were once disappointed at the replacement of David Tennant.

Just to pull apart the last episode a bit more, whilst these people were in the Quay to feed the Angels from their lifeforce, who was paying the electric bill? buying and bringing them food, etc etc

LMFAO!!!Possibly the most pedantic point ever raised :P

Just to pull apart the last episode a bit more, whilst these people were in the Quay to feed the Angels from their lifeforce, who was paying the electric bill? buying and bringing them food, etc etc

The angels built/created the building themselves so presumably they sorted the energy issues. And if the cherubs can move around relatively easily, presumably they can bring food for the inmates.

Always remember, use the Douglas Adams/Dirk Gently approach - how would an 8 year old explain this?

And apparently the Xmas special may be bringing us completely new opening titles. So the colour changes over the last 5 episodes may be superficial. Or not.

As for the Master, when I saw Richard E Grant in the Xmas special clip I must admit it made me hope he'd be playing another incarnation of the Master. I doubt he will be, but as an actor he's got time lord written right through him like a stick of rock. And he did of course play the Doctor once too. Although whether that's canon or not, despite it being a BBC production and appearing on the official Dr Who site, is a point of contention.

Naturally there are those putting 2 and 6 together and coming up with the square root of -1, postulating that this is the start of the 50th anniversary and REG is in fact playing another regeneration of the Doctor. Spoilered just in case against the billion to one odds this actually happens.

And he did of course play the Doctor once Twice too. Although whether that's canon or not, despite it being a BBC production and appearing on the official Dr Who site, is a point of contention.

REG will be a "villain" apparently

http://www.mtv.co.uk/news/doctor-who/361268-richard-e-grant-doctor-who-villain

Edited by 5co77ie

So the Doctor has just lost his assistant to Angels, and he already knows his new assistant will be lost to the daleks - a common thread?

Although some say Clara Oswin had a sister called Dana Oswin apparently

There's all kinds of rumours, my favourites centre on the dalek nanothingies and somebody who may or may not die or be dying in the Xmas special. But it's important to note that The Doctor doesn't know what Clara looks like - he just saw the dalek, not the image she had of herself. So he might not know there's any link at all. The possibilities are endless. Or maybe, as Neil Gaiman is coming back, the endless are possibilities? Please...

And I left REGs appearance in The Curse of Fatal Death (or whatever it was called) as that was clearly a comedy sketch, and none of the Doctors in it were really the Doctor. :P. But Scream of the Shalka was an official proper Dr Who adventure.

Now, the big question is of course, will I be lucky enough on Sunday to get a Glastonbury ticket, and closely behind that, will the Tiny Tardis Tent make a re-appearance at the festival in the programme's 50th anniversary year?

Edited by radish

I don't know what the TARDIS tent is!!! Please tell me someone.

1998 or 99 I think, a tent in the top corner of the Avalon field, showing Dr Who 24 hours a day. I'm not even sure it was a proper tent, it might just have been a ramshackle collection of canvas. It was damn cool though. I remember watching a Hartnell in the early hours, relaxing on a giant bean bag, most chilled.

All of the above is very subject to rose-tinted glasses, it may just have been a small portable telly in a toilet to be honest. It was still cool, whatever.

1998 or 99 I think, a tent in the top corner of the Avalon field, showing Dr Who 24 hours a day. I'm not even sure it was a proper tent, it might just have been a ramshackle collection of canvas. It was damn cool though. I remember watching a Hartnell in the early hours, relaxing on a giant bean bag, most chilled.

All of the above is very subject to rose-tinted glasses, it may just have been a small portable telly in a toilet to be honest. It was still cool, whatever.

My idea of heaven. Jesus Christ. Bring that back!