Dr Who revealed

tinygreendragon

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So,what did we all think of the Xmas special?

I really liked it and thought Smith was fantastic,he really has done a remarkable job since taking over from Tennant.

Bit disappointed Bill Bailey wasn't more prominant,not much of a role unfortunately.

Edited by metallimuse

So,what did we all think of the Xmas special?

I really liked it and thought Smith was fantastic,he really has done a remarkable job since taking over from Tennant.

Bit disappointed Bill Bailey wasn't more prominant,not much of a role unfortunately.

Thought it was pretty average... dare I say poor. 53minutes of guff, followed by a 3mimutes epilogue that almost made it worth watching. Not sure what it is, but I just havn't enjoyed any off Moff's xmas specials. Perhaps it's because he tries too hard to adapt existing stories, or then fills them with over sentimental pap. Either way, none have them have worked as well as even the weakest episode of this most recent series - this years effort being the worst.

On the plus side... we got two trailers for Sherlock, which I hold out far more hope for.

• 2 months later...

amount of eps this year: There will be 6 episodes this year, including the Xmas Special. Then 8 next year. Jenna's character will first be seen at Xmas.

also bbcdw twitter said amy/rory are out in the 5th ep. with deaths...

read the spoiler if though wishes to know what enemy is in that ep.

with weeping angels

:D

sauce is https://twitter.com/#!/bbcdoctorwho

amount of eps this year: There will be 6 episodes this year, including the Xmas Special. Then 8 next year. Jenna's character will first be seen at Xmas.

with weeping angels

:D

sauce is https://twitter.com/...#!/bbcdoctorwho

Dr Who has proven many times that death isn't the handicap it used to be in the olden days.

Dr Who has proven many times that death isn't the handicap it used to be in the olden days.

indeed, death just doesn't have a hold over dw really, give it a few years they may reappear in an episode.

Is she....you know......legal?

This is the only question I have.

yes.

Hasn't Rory died a billion times anyway?

The Doctors reaction to their death by now would be "Oh, they're dead, eh, they'll be back".

It'll be something heroic anyway - like they save River from death by sacrificing themselves or something. Then River will spend all her time looking for a way to bring them back. If their death occurs around any suspicious circumstances (such as while a wibbly wobbly timey wimey thing is going on) then guarantee they'll be saved.

Edited by Purple Monkey

with weeping angels

biggrin.png

sauce is https://twitter.com/...#!/bbcdoctorwho

The issue with ''deaths'' that I have is they don't actually kill people do they?

• 4 months later...

Any comments on the trailer released this week? From me, it looks bloody great.

So all the old Daleks are back?

Would be cool to see a Dalek civil war. All those different Daleks can't be good for their unity can it? Aren't they based on the Nazi's where any deviations from themselves must be exterminated? Having all these different races goes against their fascist ideals a bit.

Can't see these new Daleks getting along with the likes of the impure ones. Would like to see them at the very least bickering or maybe since they're modern Daleks they will express themselves via passive aggressive status updates on Facebook.

Either way - cant wait. I know the Daleks are over-used but I love them. I do a lot of 3D modelling and I really want to have a crack at redesigning the Dalek and make them look more intimidating and functional but also retain that bizarre, iconic, mysterious, retro, utterly alien aesthetic. I would love to make them look far more imposing, and legit.

Edited by Purple Monkey

• 2 weeks later...

Initial episode titles for this forthcoming set of Whoness:

01-Sep-2012 07x01 Asylum of the Daleks

08-Sep-2012 07x02 Dinosaurs on a Spaceship

15-Sep-2012 07x03 A Town Called Mercy

22-Sep-2012 07x04 The Power of Three

29-Sep-2012 07x05 The Angels Takes Manhattan

Unknown 07x06 Season 7, Episode 6

Unknown 07x07 Season 7, Episode 7

My money is on eps 6 and 7 being the christmas day/new years day episodes.

And non spoilery (but I'll hide them just in case) synopsi of the first 3:

Episode 1: Asylum Of The Daleks - Kidnapped by his oldest foe, the Doctor is forced on an impossible mission - to a place even the Daleks are too terrified to enter... the Asylum. A planetary prison confining the most terrifying and insane of their kind, the Doctor and the Ponds must find an escape route. But with Amy and Rory’s relationship in meltdown, and an army of mad Daleks closing in, it is up to the Doctor to save their lives, as well as the Pond’s marriage.

Episode 2: Dinosaurs On A Spaceship - An unmanned spaceship hurtles towards certain destruction - unless the Doctor can save it, and its impossible cargo... of dinosaurs! By his side a ragtag gang of adventurers; a big game hunter, an Egyptian Queen and a surprised member of the Pond family. But little does the Doctor know there is someone else onboard who will stop at nothing to keep hold of his precious, prehistoric cargo.

Episode 3: A Town Called Mercy - The Doctor gets a Stetson (and a gun!), and finds himself the reluctant Sheriff of a Western town under siege by a relentless cyborg, who goes by the name of the Gunslinger. But who is he and what does he want? The answer seems to lie with the mysterious, Kahler-Jex, an alien doctor (yes another one!) whose initial appearance is hiding a dark secret.

Edited by Halcyon