Dr Who revealed

tinygreendragon

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 days seems like a long time.

And as I have just discovered to my annoyance...this weeks episode is on later. Grrrrrr! I dont have a pooter with IPlayer now and am going out at 7.30. Pissflaps.

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!Poor Rory,I was really warming to his character.

Thought it was another amazing episode

My only complaint is that these cracks in time have not interested me at all and i have now interested at all in the series end yet dispite how prominant it is in the writing.

The Silurians were f**king ace.

Say what you want about the Daleks, Cybermen and Sontarans not being as good as they used to be, but they got these guys absolutely bang on. Bad ass, but with their reasons.

I really enjoyed those 2 episodes - proper 'Who'. And the ending was cool. But I agree with PM - he'll be back.

The Silurians were f**king ace.

Say what you want about the Daleks, Cybermen and Sontarans not being as good as they used to be, but they got these guys absolutely bang on. Bad ass, but with their reasons.

I really enjoyed those 2 episodes - proper 'Who'. And the ending was cool. But I agree with PM - he'll be back.

I'm guess it'll be the thing the Doctor has to go back and fix, as it was basically his fault he died.

Great episode, and a superb way to rescue (what I thought was) a bad first episode. I seem to say this every week, but Karen was brilliant once again... her acting when Rory was dying, when trying to remember, and then when she'd forgotten was very minimal, but absolutely fabulous. I actually want to go and see what other stuff she's been in now.

The whole theme of the show seems to surround the re-writability of time.

The Doctor will fix the timeline by the end, Rory will be back, and Tardis won't explode.

Hasn't Back To The Future been referenced already? I'm sure I heard the Doc basically say that's how time operates. It makes sense, the contant ret-conning a show as old as Dr.Who would require in order for the show to move forward it would certainly need to keep it's laws of time/space nice and flexible and bendy so they can do some crazy shit.

When is the undead Cyberman episode? Reckon they'll be revamping them as well like the Daleks?

I'd like to see some faith-based storylines. I'd love to see The Doctor completely at a loss as to an explanation for something, like he discovers something that makes him question science on a fundamental level, and have it drive him mad or something. It could be quite interesting. Maybe "the crack" is something on that level? Sci-fi has taken a leap with Battlestar and Lost in the recent years and I wonder if Dr.Who will be following in opening the concept up a bit further?

Edited by Purple Monkey

7 days seems like a long time.

And as I have just discovered to my annoyance...this weeks episode is on later. Grrrrrr! I dont have a pooter with IPlayer now and am going out at 7.30. Pissflaps.

It will be on again on BBC3 tonight at 7pm I should imagine.

Ahhhhh I thought that was some form of clue.. :)

Nah, the Doctor isn't affected by the crack like others so won't forget Rory. He stuck his arm in it, for one thing and didn't seem affected (or has he been? Lost a few old regenerations maybe?). Unless he's now forgotten he has a right arm.

It's all ok though because Rory's not dead, strong rumours of him returning in the finale, something about the crack putting you elsewhere in time or something.

No to the cyber-revamp I reckon, Moffat has apparently said he doesn't like the new Cybusmen concept and would prefer to use the original Mondasian/Telosian cybermen, but a redesign would cost too much and besides I quite like the new ones.

Nah, the Doctor isn't affected by the crack like others so won't forget Rory.

It's nothing to do with the Doctor not being affected by the crack. If Rory had never existed, the engagement ring would never have been on the Tardis. Therefore, he hasn't been completely erased from time.

It's nothing to do with the Doctor not being affected by the crack. If Rory had never existed, the engagement ring would never have been on the Tardis. Therefore, he hasn't been completely erased from time.

He's a Timelord and this is dumbed down Dr Who for dumbed down audience and therefore they can make it up as they go because he's a Timelord and normally when big time problems are sovled everything goes backwards and its all fixed just like that Master episode with all the silvery bally things in it. ;)

Sorry, misunderstood your post, thought you meant the Doctor hadn't forgotten him. But the engagement ring was already inside the Tardis, which is presumably like the Doctor (and because it's a time machine existing in realtive dimensions simultaneously and all that) not affected by the crack in the same way as other things. So it's possible there could be a whole bunch of Rory's clothes in another Tardis room if he had a chance to pack a bag to go travelling with that are also still there. Fix my original comment with "Nah, the Tardis isn't affected by the crack like other things so anything connected to Rory inside it will still exist." Maybe that's why the Doctor tried to get Amy into the Tardis quickly, hoping it would insulate her and help her not forget Rory. Who knows?

Some rumours hint that the whole thing this series is going to be one big mind-f**k of a convoluted intertwining all-encompassing mix of threads. Mr Moffat has apparently paid a lot of attention to detail, and nothing may be as innocent as it seems. It seems unlikely to be a simple re-wind time fix. I'm still trying to figure out what it is that Moffat said he can't believe he got away with in the first episode because it was so blatant and obvious. For some reason I keep thinking of the bit where Amy says something about the number of shrinks/Doctors she's seen to try to fix her head after him disappearing when she was a child.

Some rumours hint that the whole thing this series is going to be one big mind-f**k of a convoluted intertwining all-encompassing mix of threads. Mr Moffat has apparently paid a lot of attention to detail, and nothing may be as innocent as it seems. It seems unlikely to be a simple re-wind time fix. I'm still trying to figure out what it is that Moffat said he can't believe he got away with in the first episode because it was so blatant and obvious. For some reason I keep thinking of the bit where Amy says something about the number of shrinks/Doctors she's seen to try to fix her head after him disappearing when she was a child.

The bit I think of is when young Amelia is sat on the suitcase and you hear the tardis, she looks up, and smiles (it's quite a quick bit, quite near the end if I remember correctly). Now, if the Doctor had gone back and made it so she wasn't left alone, Amy would remember when she was older and wouldn't be mad at the Doctor when he appears after 14 years away...

Convoluted, yes, but I am intrigued to see what happens :)

The bit I think of is when young Amelia is sat on the suitcase and you hear the tardis, she looks up, and smiles (it's quite a quick bit, quite near the end if I remember correctly). Now, if the Doctor had gone back and made it so she wasn't left alone, Amy would remember when she was older and wouldn't be mad at the Doctor when he appears after 14 years away...

Convoluted, yes, but I am intrigued to see what happens :)

Or (can't remember which episode) something about the Pandorica containing the most feared thing in the universe. Feared, not evil. What's the most feared thing in the universe? Or who?

Or (can't remember which episode) something about the Pandorica containing the most feared thing in the universe. Feared, not evil. What's the most feared thing in the universe? Or who?

I have a heard a few rumours about who will be appearing in the finale (had to google most of them :P ) but one that springs to mind having heard that is

Omega

Thoughts geeks? :P