Dr Who revealed

tinygreendragon

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was what made last nights one the worst in a while. Who the f**k intent on reinvigorating their race, leaves a lightswitch to stop it?! :P

also, these fish people presumably evolved, and developed their civilisation, underwater.

how the hell did they develop electricity? everything they used was electric (they even electrocuted the doctor through a wooden door :facepalm:).

Electric eels????

they just release a surge of electricity and works because water is conductive. you can't control electricity underwater unless you insulate it from the surrounding water which is hard even for us, they would have had to invent a way of insulating it before even the first primitive experiments with electricity. which is just absurd. how could they invent electrical insulation before inventing electricity? they wouldn't know it would need insulation.

Edited by pezzypops

At the rate the Doc is going, he is going to pretty much wipe out every other species alive out there singlehandedly! Very trigger happy that one! What IS his problem??? Xenophobe of massive proportions. :P

Still not convinced by Matt Smith every episode seems more and more kid friendly, I don't mind suspending disbelief but really an Off switch :P I loved the last series and so want to like this new Doctor but I am have to say that the writing seems poor compared! My five year old has decided that he has had enough and he loved the last series. Maybe it will get better *Fingers Crossed*

I had never watched doctor who prior to this season (well I had seen bits and bobs on bbc3) I really like Matt Smith and thought people were being abit harsh before he started by not giving him a chance. I'm playing catch up at the moment and I'm halfway through season 2 and I deffinitley prefer matt to david , although still think eccleston is the best I've seen.

Am enjoying the series & think that Matt Smith is much better than I thought he would be......still getting used to him though.....

But have to say I thought that off switch was very poor writing. Enjoyed the episode up till the end. :P

Edot: Meant to say that next weeks episode looks pretty good!

Edited by IamChappu

You all have ridiculous expectations. You need to know this.

Totally.

I thought it was a pretty good episode personally. I liked that it had a slower pace, and that the story was relatively simple. It allowed for a certain amount of character development that (until the last two episodes) this series has largely been missing. Matt Smith just gets better and better, and there is actually a sense of friction between him and Pond at times. I get this feeling that at some point it's going to explode between them... either she does something that sends him over the edge, or he does something to her and

then has to go back and change things

. Hopefully the pay-off is great.

Rory did come off a bit wet, but then so did Mickey at the begining. When you have such an overpowering female lead like Gillan (or indeed Ms Piper), the other half is always going to look a bit feeble. I'm pretty sure the Mof has a larger plan for Rory though.

As for the switch on the lightning rod (or whatever that thing was)... why wouldn't it be there? Technology always has little switches in hard to reach places that the manufacturers use while putting things together. I chuckled when it happened... like the doctor was stumped on how to stop it, and then stumbled across a convenient little test switch. It's not the first time the Doctor has come across as a bumbling old fool.

And if it means another story without using the ever useful 'Sonic Screwdriver' as a minor deus ex mechanica, then it can only be a good thing.

Not sure if anyone else had this problem, but the episode was actually 48minutes long - it started early and finished late. I recorded it on my Virgin+ box, and therefore missed the very beginning and a fair chunk of the end. I caught up with what I missed on the iPlayer, but it kinda defeats the point of the exercise when BBC can't even get their own programming schedules correct.

But yes.... next weeks ep looks superb.

Still not convinced by Matt Smith every episode seems more and more kid friendly, I don't mind suspending disbelief but really an Off switch :P I loved the last series and so want to like this new Doctor but I am have to say that the writing seems poor compared! My five year old has decided that he has had enough and he loved the last series. Maybe it will get better *Fingers Crossed*

Are you crazy??!! (Well, I know you ARE, but I digress.... :P)

The writing in this series pisses all over the RTD years. It's MILES better. The Moffat-penned episodes are a lot better than the others so far, and the intriguing story arcs and character developments have been a huge improvement.

As for the Doctor - he's a lot better than Tennant and is well on the way to bettering Ecclestone as well.

The new look has really helped the show - in every way.

Doctor Who is MILES better this year.

Not sure if anyone else had this problem, but the episode was actually 48minutes long - it started early and finished late. I recorded it on my Virgin+ box, and therefore missed the very beginning and a fair chunk of the end. I caught up with what I missed on the iPlayer, but it kinda defeats the point of the exercise when BBC can't even get their own programming schedules correct.

No such problems with Sky+.

Edited by Langdale Wolf

At the rate the Doc is going, he is going to pretty much wipe out every other species alive out there singlehandedly! Very trigger happy that one! What IS his problem??? Xenophobe of massive proportions. :P

Now I am confused. How is he a xenphobe and how did he wipe out the fish from space?? I'm not even a bloody fan but I know he didn't.

I like Rory. Although I would have had a smart answet when Rory and Amy decided to stay with the doctor. When the doctor said to Rory "Oh, you have changed your mind now haven't you", if it was me I would have said something along the lines of "No you f**king retard looking cretin. Neither of us can get in the f**king Tardis without you can we, never mind fly the f**king thing??"

Edited by Rufus Gwertigan

Mildly spoilery pre-review here - http://www.beehivecity.com/television/prev...oice1200052010/ - of this Saturday's episode. I don't normally build up my expectations (not that I'm ever disappointed but just in case like), but I'm really looking forward to this one. Despite having what may seem like a mis-matched writer (i.e. Simon Nye of Men Behaving Badly fame, which I love but it's a bit different to Dr Who, no?) with an enemy calling itself

The Dream Lord

(not sure that needs spoilering, might have been named in the 'next time' bit last week) it could only have a better premise if Neil Gaiman himself had written it. But we have to wait a bit longer for that one of course...

Mildly spoilery pre-review here - http://www.beehivecity.com/television/prev...oice1200052010/ - of this Saturday's episode. I don't normally build up my expectations (not that I'm ever disappointed but just in case like), but I'm really looking forward to this one. Despite having what may seem like a mis-matched writer (i.e. Simon Nye of Men Behaving Badly fame, which I love but it's a bit different to Dr Who, no?) with an enemy calling itself

The Dream Lord

(not sure that needs spoilering, might have been named in the 'next time' bit last week) it could only have a better premise if Neil Gaiman himself had written it. But we have to wait a bit longer for that one of course...

I cant wait for saturdays, it looks brilliant.

The Dream Lord

Interesting.

What would excite me is

The Dream Lord = The Black Guardian.

Won't happen, but he's well overdue a return.

Interesting.

What would excite me is

The Dream Lord = The Black Guardian.

Won't happen, but he's well overdue a return.

I agree. The

black and white grauniad

(ngh, what should I spoiler, I have no idea tbh) stuff seems very Moffat to me. No idea how it seems to him though of course. I'm trying not to think too much of what the series linking theme is, dreams, teeth, water, cracks, timeslips, prison - but I can't help coming back to references to fairy tales. Moffat said that's how he sees Dr Who, and there's a fairy tale element to much of what's going on, especially where it seems Moffat has written it himself. Thinking back to old Who and story lines that would fit with the current feel of the programme, I come up with stuff like the Key to Time (fairy tale search type story), or the guardians, celestial toymaker, but I don't imagine any of them will come back into it. Safest way to predict the end-of-series big bad in recent years seems to have been to check what dvd box sets have been due for release...

Great episode, absolutely brilliant!

except...

aliens disguised as humans, again? that's got so old. and to use it two episodes in a row? and the third time this series and we're only up to ep. 7

Edited by pezzypops