Dr Who revealed

tinygreendragon

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And again...another episode goes by that makes me feel hmmmmmmmmm...

and again something not quite right and cant put me finger on it.

And can I ask...what was that episode ACTUALLY about? Either I must stop watching Dr Who episodes when exceedingly tired on the IPlayer or there is actually something going on that is causing super niggles and reasons for me just not getting the plots. :P

There was a still the odd dropped hint about time differences (eg. Churchill saying 'I called you a month ago') and why cant Amy remember the Daleks (Sorry if this has already been brought up in an earlier page).

Did anyone else notice the very Tennantesque exclamations on occasion?

Also...did you see the effing size of the new Daleks? And I am sure there was a hint to one of them being 'female'. And sorry...but did the Doctor's voice go all Daleky when he was speaking at them? Like I said, I AM super tired and I was cooking whilst watching the episode so I might just be making this shit up!

River...Amy...aunt? I am liking this idea :P

Edited by LusciousLucy

Unfortunately the kids f**king watch it, and we only have one TV, and I will be buggered if I am moving off my sofa for them freeloading shits!!

You are stuck with my criticisms until they move out!! :P

Also I am free to watch, and criticise, whatever I want, as well as to post what I want. This isn't an "I want to suck Dr Who's Dick" thread is it?? It's just a general Dr Who thingy. Bollocks to you lot!

Oh. I forgot the smiley :P

Edited by feral chile

And sorry...but did the Doctor's voice go all Daleky when he was speaking at them?

Yeah, when the perspective was from the Dalek. They seem to hear voices just as they speak.

They need to stop with the Scottish gags now though. It was funny when the Doc said "you're Scottish, fry something" because it was a small gag that was part of the actual plot (the Doc's regenerating sense of taste) and fit the scene. It got a bit self-indulgent with some of the scenes with the Scottish Dalek-robot-guy, it teetered on being totally self-agrandising. The writers of Who seem to suffer from a sort of nationalistic inferiority complex.

Oh Moffat, you silly, silly Scotch.

Edited by Purple Monkey

thanks bbc. the fantastic script had me gripped, i was there in the maze of death with the doctor and just at the climax of the episode an ad for graham norton appeared and thrust me back into my living room completely ruining the end of the episode.

thanks a fŭcking lot :P

Edited by pezzypops

Has anyone else noticed that they seem to speak very quietly in this new serise. It seems like the background noises too loud...

The music in these new series' of Dr Who have always been too loud. It's a pet hate of mine, and I'm glad someone else has picked up on it, as I thought it was just me.

Murray Gold needs to go back to audio school and learn how to master/level his music. His music is well composed and on the whole well toned, but it's just far to imposing. In nearly every scenes where the action would be better served by understated scoring and sympathetic music, he consistantly comes in with big booming orchestral sequences and totally ruins the scene, at least for me. He's a disgrace.

thanks bbc. the fantastic script had me gripped, i was there in the maze of death with the doctor and just at the climax of the episode an ad for graham norton appeared and thrust me back into my living room completely ruining the end of the episode.

thanks a fŭcking lot :P

Completely agree. F**king fuming about that. And as soon as the credits start - up comes a 'teaser'. FFS - we know what's on next. For us saddos who like to know who did what on the show (not just a Dr Who thing - credits are interesting) it RUINS it. Advertise it before the show starts, and again afterwards but that f**king animated Graham Norton graphic was a complete piss take. W**kers.

Anyway, superb episode. Absolutely loved it - loving the mystery behind River Song and those angels are a brilliant enemy.

Can't wait til next weeks.

That was better

:P

Very much a Moffat episode. Weeping Angels, River Song and plenty of excellent lines from the Doctor. And some scary parts.

I think I might love Steven Moffat. The episodes he's written have been superb.

That was better???

THAT was unbelievably unf**king unreal! AMAZING!

Seriously, that was THE best ever Dr Who I have ever seen and there is still another part to come. I am speechless tbh, blown away at the awesomeness of that episode. I cant even begin to list every element that made it so brilliant. Flurble...sitting here in shock right now.

Wow wow WOW!

Note to all of you...watch it on the IPlayer and no Graham Norton appears :P

That was realy good. Though there was one bit..

At the start when they stood outside the wreckage they said "something is on that ship that can never die", I thought, f**king yaldy, must be Barrowman! Luckily, Weeping Angel is a strong number two in my top ten eternal beings of all time!

:P

Very much a Moffat episode. Weeping Angels, River Song and plenty of excellent lines from the Doctor. And some scary parts.

I think I might love Steven Moffat. The episodes he's written have been superb.

I am unsure. I get a little irritated with some of his nods to other programmes/films. Come on "Bob"? How many people were on the verge of saying "That's a strange name for a girl".

Anyway I like the difference in the River Song character. A lot more flighty at the moment, and she hasn't got the doctors sonic screwdriver as yet. Now that is a storyline that I have high expectations for :P

That was realy good. Though there was one bit..

At the start when they stood outside the wreckage they said "something is on that ship that can never die", I thought, f**king yaldy, must be Barrowman! Luckily, Weeping Angel is a strong number two in my top ten eternal beings of all time!

My wife said exactly the same thing. With dread though. She hates Captain Jack.

Come on "Bob"? How many people were on the verge of saying "That's a strange name for a girl".

I said 'Bob?' in a Rowan Atkinson-type voice!! :P

Noone seems to have brought this rather vital occurrence up...

ahem...end of the episode and the Doctor takes from the Bishop and uses...

a GUN???????

<<< spoilered just in case some people havent seen the episode yet.

Hello...sorry...thought he abhorred them! Refuses to touch them.

The Beeb has got into a lot of shit for the Graham Norton trailer by the way. Apparently thousands of people got in contact to shout quite a lot at the corporation for their misguided use of cartoons of twats promoting yet another karaoke contest in the name of showbiz just as the Doctor was using aforementioned item...maybe this is why noone noticed what he was up to cos you were all fuming too much at what was going on at the bottom of your screens. :P

Edited by LusciousLucy

Noone seems to have brought this rather vital occurrence up...

ahem...end of the episode and the Doctor takes from the Bishop and uses...

a GUN???????

<<< spoilered just in case some people havent seen the episode yet.

Hello...sorry...thought he abhorred them! Refuses to touch them.

The Beeb has got into a lot of shit for the Graham Norton trailer by the way. Apparently thousands of people got in contact to shout quite a lot at the corporation for their misguided use of cartoons of twats promoting yet another karaoke contest in the name of showbiz just as the Doctor was using aforementioned item...maybe this is why noone noticed what he was up to cos you were all fuming too much at what was going on at the bottom of your screens. :P

There's precedent in the last tennant episode no? Shoots the machine to send all the time lords back?

I loved the episode, bloody creepy and a bit weird.

Btw langdale, finally got round to buying genesis of the daleks after your recommendation about 15 pages ago! Enjoying so far (only watched first 2 parts) so ta for that dude. :P