Dr Who revealed

tinygreendragon

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the new Daleks - I like the fact they've created an elite, but they're still Daleks. They could have tried to improve the Daleks and failled miserably (that human Dalek in RTD's run springs to mind) but they've regenerated the Daleks, and given them a brighter future.

So, what are the colours? Confidential said the colours all mean something. Red is Drone (so maybe the masses of Dalek army, your basic Dalek grunts, will be the reds, is that right?), White is Supreme (they should stick a BNP bumper sticker on it's back :P ), blue is a Scientist (I reckon that one will be a pivotal player in the future).

Yellow is apparently "Eternal" - even the writers don't know what that means yet. I like how they just throw stuff out like that :P

They've set the Daleks up for some very, very interesting plots in the future. You could easily base plots on each one of the different colours.

I think the best thing is fact they're now got more in common with the Nazi's more than ever with this new "Inner Circle" of elitists in command.

Edited by Purple Monkey

A great little episode, and while I really didn't like the 'spitfires in space' bit, the rest of it was great.

A couple of points I picked up on, in no particular order:

- Miss Pond once again actually out smarted the doctor (getting the robot to feel human through love, rather than hate).

- In fact, she done it twice.... the second time with the key to the tardis

- The doctor feeding the robot's hate, shades of the vengeful doctor

- More time dilation stuff ("I called you a month ago, and you've only just arrived")

- There's clearly a scottish thing going on this series... that's 3 eps in a row it's been mentioned

- Amy/Emelia - why has she got two names?

- Amy being completely unaware of who/what the daleks were... more time shenanigans

- The obvious crack in the wall again

Plus, I called it on the Daleks having to 'win' this episode... superb little stalemate there (with the jammy dodger). All the best villains slink off and escape to fight another day, so all is forgiven from bringing them back so early. They look appalling (they have big old backsides and coloured like Smarties), but the new deeper voice is much better.

Really looking forward to River's return...From the trailer it looked like a bit of a hack job on River's makeup to make her look younger, so it's obviously going to be a reverse of the Library episode where the Doctor now knows who River is, rather than visa versa. Gonna go back and watch Blink and the Library episodes in preparation for next week methinks.

Oh, and I'm going to repeat my joke here (cos it got no respose first time):

I wonder what happens when a River meets a Pond. :P

hmmm.... we never did find out who Amy's aunt was.

Edited by Halcyon

- There's clearly a scottish thing going on this series... that's 3 eps in a row it's been mentioned

Just as Russell T Davies used every opportunity to w*nk off about Wales, Steven Moffat is Scottish and is doing the same thing. I hate it when producers/writers lack so much imagination that they have to fall back on their nationality.

I really didn't like the 'spitfires in space' bit

i liked them :P

Amy/Emelia - why has she got two names?

she's called amelia but shortened it to amy when she grew up. the doctor calling her 'amelia' was to tell her, in quite a parental way, that she maybe doesn't always know best, and that he's been around a lot longer than she has.

Amy being completely unaware of who/what the daleks were... more time shenanigans

i'm quite looking forward to this story arc - one of the things that didn't feel right about the RTD era was how aware the public were of aliens and the doctor.

hmmm.... we never did find out who Amy's aunt was.

wasn't she Annette Crosbie (victor meldrew's wife) in the first episode?

i assumed she was the aunt and jeff was amy's cousin.

edit: according to IMDb she played 'Mrs Angelo' - so i may be wrong.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0188950/

Edited by pezzypops

This weeks Private Eye suggests that the episode was a cynical BBC marketing ploy to sell more daleks, 'cause the kids have already got all of the old coloured ones, and will nag their parents for the new ones.

I think they have a point.

I found this episode rather corny TBH. Can't wait for next week though. Blink was absolute genius.

Wow, f**king (Super)daleks again!!

Now if I was the Doctor do you know what I would do? At some point in the future I would go back in time and warn myself that a worn out storyline is about to start (again) and do something useful with my sonic screwdriver.

His sidebint is really getting on my nerves as well, and I like redheads. Alot!!

Now if I was the Doctor do you know what I would do? At some point in the future I would go back in time and warn myself that a worn out storyline is about to start (again) and do something useful with my sonic screwdriver.

His sidebint is really getting on my nerves as well, and I like redheads. Alot!!

Yeah, but he can't travel back in his own timeline :P

If you don't like it why do you watch it?

If you don't like it why do you watch it?

A fair point - you post on this thread every week, Rufus!!! There are other channels you know. Or the 'off' button!

A fair point - you post on this thread every week, Rufus!!! There are other channels you know. Or the 'off' button!

Unfortunately the kids f**king watch it, and we only have one TV, and I will be buggered if I am moving off my sofa for them freeloading shits!!

You are stuck with my criticisms until they move out!! :P

Also I am free to watch, and criticise, whatever I want, as well as to post what I want. This isn't an "I want to suck Dr Who's Dick" thread is it?? It's just a general Dr Who thingy. Bollocks to you lot!

Oh. I forgot the smiley :P

I'm liking Matt Smith so far. Think they've raised quite a few future plot points (Daleks, cracks, amy not remembering daleks, the doctor's tardiness) and will be interesting to see where they go with them.

Thought the scene with the doctor trying to provoke the dalek into attacking him was excellent!

and Karen Gillan :P

Also I am free to watch, and criticise, whatever I want, as well as to post what I want. This isn't an "I want to suck Dr Who's Dick" thread is it?? It's just a general Dr Who thingy. Bollocks to you lot!

Meh, seems like an awful lot of energy being used just to be negative about something which doesn't really matter.

Sidebint :P

Meh, seems like an awful lot of energy being used just to be negative about something which doesn't really matter.

How much energy do I need to be negative as opposed to be positive??

How can I criticise a programme if I don't actually watch it? Thats like saying "I don't like Ice cream because the first time I got one from the Ice Cream Man it fell off my cone. So I hate it!!"

Edited by Rufus Gwertigan

How much energy do I need to be negative as opposed to be positive??

How can I criticise a programme if I don't actually watch it? Thats like saying "I don't like Ice cream because the first time I got one from the Ice Cream Man it fell off my cone. So I hate it!!"

I think we are the only 2 non-sychophants in this thread :P

Watched it last night - I'd say it's the weakest of the 3 so far, but still one of the better modern series Dalek stories. I liked their new look. Overall it was 'quite good'.

Whereas the stories in the majority of the last 4 series were weaker when RTD wrote them, I've found that the one non-Moffat story so far wasn't anywhere near as tight. So I'm looking forward to the next 2 weeks when River Song and the Weeping Angels (both Moffat ideas) come together. Should be good.

I'm glad the Dalek story is out of the way if I'm being honest, and I hope that's it for them this series. Considering they feature in the series finale in 3 out of the 4 main series since it's comeback, I hope Moffat resists the temptation to use them again.

Whereas the stories in the majority of the last 4 series were weaker when RTD wrote them, I've found that the one non-Moffat story so far wasn't anywhere near as tight. So I'm looking forward to the next 2 weeks when River Song and the Weeping Angels (both Moffat ideas) come together. Should be good.

I will be watching this week mainly due to Alex Kingston, but I am wondering what they will use as a weapon against the Weeping Angels? A sledgehammer!! I would think that would work :P

I will be watching this week mainly due to Alex Kingston, but I am wondering what they will use as a weapon against the Weeping Angels? A sledgehammer!! I would think that would work :P

Behave.... :P