Dr Who revealed

tinygreendragon

LW as I have said of several occasions but usually to do with footy PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER mate it is only a bloody television programme!!

Honestly anyone would think that having James Cordon in the show was going to in some way make a difference to the whole series, it's not it's one episode if it is really that bad turn off and watch Blink again!

Now take a deep breath and relax :P

Just a little something to keep you smiling :P

JamesCordon-280_703818a.jpg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LW as I have said of several occasions but usually to do with footy PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER mate it is only a bloody television programme!!

Honestly anyone would think that having James Cordon in the show was going to in some way make a difference to the whole series, it's not it's one episode if it is really that bad turn off and watch Blink again!

Of all the people to lecture me about a rational, passionate hatred, I knew it'd be you *cough Radiohead cough*. :P :P

Let's say you're in a pub. You're having a great time, it's your favourite pub. Then a complete tosser comes in, punches you in the stomach and leaves again.

Sure, he wasn't there all night but I bet you won't forget his presence during an otherwise excellent evening.

Completely ruin it? No, I don't think so. Infect my viewing pleasure like a bout of the shits? Oh yes.

Contrary to popular belief I do not hate Radiohead, I find them annoying, like having Thrush!!

Now as for your scenario of the tummy punching tosser, yes you would remember this individual, HOWEVER you would NOT spend the 6 weeks of your (lets calling it a drinking season) fearing a tosser who may or may NOT ruin ONE evening.

Y

ou would in fact raise above the expectation that there was a possibility that a puchie tosser may show up and ruin your night and after the first of your drinking season smash hit nights!! forget all about the tosser and not spend the weeks prior to (the aforementioned drinking season) whining on an internet forum about a punchie tosser, who may or may NOT ruin ONE of your nights!!

Really babe get over it, your 17th and surely have far more important things to worry about than whether one annoying dodgy actor is going to ruin an ENTIRE season of a beloved programme or not :P

Of all the people to lecture me about a rational, passionate hatred, I knew it'd be you *cough Radiohead cough*. :P :P

Let's say you're in a pub. You're having a great time, it's your favourite pub. Then a complete tosser comes in, punches you in the stomach and leaves again.

Sure, he wasn't there all night but I bet you won't forget his presence during an otherwise excellent evening.

Completely ruin it? No, I don't think so. Infect my viewing pleasure like a bout of the shits? Oh yes.

I bear no responsability for what TGD is about to post.

And Birmingham have never won anything

SOFA!!

SOFA!!

:P:P:P:P I really wish you two would post more!!

Anyway - read my post above. I said - and I quote:

Completely ruin it? No, I don't think so

I'm not going to boycott the show (maybe just the license fee :() but that episode and that arsehole being in it will leave a nasty taste in the mouth.

Hey - if it turns out to be good, I'll admit I was wrong. But I'd be amazed if I manage to sit through the whole thing without swearing continually or not leaving the room at some point.

:P:P:P:P I really wish you two would post more!!

yeah we do make other people seem normal don't we :(

Anyway - read my post above. I said - and I quote:

I'm not going to boycott the show (maybe just the license fee :() but that episode and that arsehole being in it will leave a nasty taste in the mouth.

Hey - if it turns out to be good, I'll admit I was wrong. But I'd be amazed if I manage to sit through the whole thing without swearing continually or not leaving the room at some point.

Fair enough mate :P

Must admit I can't stand that Tate woman, and after the xmas episode she was in I didn't think much of her character either. So, when news broke she was to be the main companion for series 4, I was less than impressed. However, when it came to it Donna turned out to be brilliant. Still can't stand Catherine Tate though, don't find her in the slightest bit funny.

Agreed, Corden is a prime twat but he plays his part well in G&S - ok, he might be playing himself but still, his character is more likeable than the bellend he comes across as most of the time he's actually being himself. So, maybe there's a chance this might be ok - maybe whoever's writing this particular episode will give him some decent character work to hide his inherent twattishness. And maybe the closing scene will be the Doctor closing the Tardis door on Corden, turning to the camera and saying "What a c..."

Personally for me the problem is I don't like the thought of the Doctor playing football - come on, it's just not cricket is it? Surely the Doctor wouldn't get involved with such a thuggish pursuit? Might as well have him out on the piss necking pints of wifebeater with the lads...

Personally for me the problem is I don't like the thought of the Doctor playing football - come on, it's just not cricket is it? Surely the Doctor wouldn't get involved with such a thuggish pursuit? Might as well have him out on the piss necking pints of wifebeater with the lads...

Matt Smith was almost a professional footballer before injury stopped him.

The Catherine Tate thing was a real issue for me too. The first time watching Runaway Bride was very painful indeed but when I saw the final episode of 4th series in Oz I totally understood why she was cast...for the Tennant like abilities...simples.

Having now finally seen the whole of the series, she is really good at the beginning but goes back to being quite annoying in the Turn Left/Right episode but redeems herself in Episode 13...shame she has to go back to being plain old Donna at the end of it all.

One for the old series fans out there, treated myself to the Tom Baker episode "Masque of Mandragora" on DVD yesterday. Only watched the first episode so far but already it's jumpted up straight into the number one slot of "Worst use of a stuntman in a wig in a Doctor Who episode" clearing Jon Pertwee's effort in The Monster of Peladon by a country mile.

One for the old series fans out there, treated myself to the Tom Baker episode "Masque of Mandragora" on DVD yesterday. Only watched the first episode so far but already it's jumpted up straight into the number one slot of "Worst use of a stuntman in a wig in a Doctor Who episode" clearing Jon Pertwee's effort in The Monster of Peladon by a country mile.

I don't recall the bad stunt man, but that's a classic story.

The stunt man in the Sontaran Experiment is right up there too. Tom Baker hurt his neck whilst filming that one - in fact, the big scarf covered up his neck brace!! :P

I don't recall the bad stunt man, but that's a classic story.

Never seen the episode.

Never even heard of the episode - I mean for ones I've not seen, I at least know of their existence. This totally got under my radar. Am enjoying it. Baker episodes are worth it for his grin alone. Good interior TARDIS shots on the first epidose, references to the second and third doctors.

Maybe it's because I'm watching it not on a grainy VHS, but it's as if the wig is almost a different colour. More sort of gingery if anything.

First review of the new Who in the Times today.

Who

Interesting - cheers for the link.

I'm looking forward to it, but won't get to see it on the Saturday night - it's my mum's 60th birthday party so I'll be getting drunk. I'll watch it on Sunday morning with a hangover.

I like this quote from Steven Moffat:

"David was sort of neat and fastidious like a humming bird. Matt is gangling and shambling - he's like a terrible mess that somehow becomes elegant by magic"

"He brings back genuine madness to the role of the Doctor - Matt's Doctor is bonkers."

Link

Makes him sound almost Baker-esque (good Baker, not shouty Baker). We need a bonkers Doctor again I think.

Edited by Langdale Wolf