Dr Who revealed

tinygreendragon

I've just had a big dawning realisation...

when will the new series end? The weekend before Glastonbury or the weekend OF Glastonbury? :P

The series is 13 weeks long again yes?...and barring any reason for the show not being on...my maths says the season finale will be the weekend before Glastonbury.

I know when I flew back from Oz in 08 my mate made me watch episodes 11 and 12 before I went to the fest (purely cos of their story arc importance and I missed the whole of the rest of the series) but missed the last episode for some reason (oh yes I was at a wedding!) and had to wait until the last Sunday in September 2008 for it to be shown in Adelaide..but what a wait! :P

Fingers crossed this will be the same this year and I look forward to the 1st Meeting of the Efest Whovian Society at the Cider Bus on Wednesday 23rd June for muchos geek banter and blabberings! :P Fancy dress optional! :P Although Langdale...you'd probably brush up well in a brown pinstripe suit! Ok...maybe to help spot each other we wear our Tom Bakers scarves...cos we ALL have one dont we? Mine is Dr Who/Glastotastic!

Am now finally 2 years later getting round to see the beginning of Series 4.

Edited by LusciousLucy

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fingers crossed this will be the same this year and I look forward to the 1st Meeting of the Efest Whovian Society at the Cider Bus on Wednesday 23rd June for muchos geek banter and blabberings! :P Fancy dress optional! :P Although Langdale...you'd probably brush up well in a brown pinstripe suit!

An efests Dr Who meet?!? :P I can't think of anything more nerdy. Sounds fun. :P Though I would have thought it would just crop up randomly in conversation at the main meet. One way to clear the way to the bar, I suppose.

Anyway, it doesn't matter when the series finishes - Sky + is your friend.

An efests Dr Who meet?!? :P I can't think of anything more nerdy. Sounds fun. :P Though I would have thought it would just crop up randomly in conversation at the main meet. One way to clear the way to the bar, I suppose.

Anyway, it doesn't matter when the series finishes - Sky + is your friend.

LW...I think that reply was under a minute! I salute you! IPlayer I suppose would do...if its delayed and is on during G weekend...do we go and find an internet cafe on site? :P :P

LW...I think that reply was under a minute! I salute you! IPlayer I suppose would do...if its delayed and is on during G weekend...do we go and find an internet cafe on site? :P :P

:P:P

If it's on over that weekend, I will simply wait and watch it on the Monday afternoon at home whilst my legs, liver and mind recover from the excesses.

I can wait a few days for my Who fix. It's not like I won't be busy in the meantime!

I've always found it somewhat unimaginative that throughout all of space and time there are always the same f**king bad guys re-occuring. :P

They're determined, that's all. :P

I must say - you do post a fair bit in this thread for someone who confesses to hate the programme.... :P:P

They're determined, that's all. :P

I must say - you do post a fair bit in this thread for someone who confesses to hate the programme.... :P:P

I don't hate it, it continuously disappoints and underwhelmes.

And, is this the Holy Sepulchre of Dr Who where none must criticise, on pain of extermination? In other words, an ubber-geek thread were people get motified when their deity is percieved as anything other than fantastic.

I don't hate it, it continuously disappoints and underwhelmes.

And, is this the Holy Sepulchre of Dr Who where none must criticise, on pain of extermination? In other words, an ubber-geek thread were people get motified when their deity is percieved as anything other than fantastic.

No, not at all. I could offer quite a few examples of 'Who at it's very worst. Because sometimes, it's tragically bad.

:P:P

If it's on over that weekend, I will simply wait and watch it on the Monday afternoon at home whilst my legs, liver and mind recover from the excesses.

I can wait a few days for my Who fix. It's not like I won't be busy in the meantime!

Glasto 99 (I think) - corner of the Avalon field, the Tardis tent, my memory tells me it had nice rugs, cushions and stuff with a telly in it playing Dr Who 24 hours a day. Bring it back.

There have been various rumours of running dates for the next series, including an american-style break for the summer (isn't there some kind of football on that might bugger up the schedules?) so it might not be a straight 13-week run.

Brian Cox was the voice of the elder ood in the xmas specials.

And to finish, if I could pick a celebrity/well known type to appear in Dr Who, it'd have to be Mark E Smith as the voice of the Daleks. "YOW will be extermin-ated - AH!" Genius. :P

There have been various rumours of running dates for the next series, including an american-style break for the summer (isn't there some kind of football on that might bugger up the schedules?) so it might not be a straight 13-week run.

That would suck!!!No break,it would drive me crazy!

The first three episodes of that series have been confirmed as The Eleventh Hour, written by Steven Moffat, The Beast Below, also by Steven Moffat and Victory of the Daleks by Mark Gatiss. The new series will be on our screens in Easter this year.Remind me again when easter is?April?May?

That would suck!!!No break,it would drive me crazy!

The first three episodes of that series have been confirmed as The Eleventh Hour, written by Steven Moffat, The Beast Below, also by Steven Moffat and Victory of the Daleks by Mark Gatiss. The new series will be on our screens in Easter this year.Remind me again when easter is?April?May?

Good Friday 2010 is Friday 2 April

Holy Saturday 2010 is Saturday 3 April

Easter Sunday 2010 is Sunday 4 April

Easter Monday 2010 is Monday 5 April

Ahh so as i stated 2 pages back,April 3rd!!!Woooooooooo!Hope i'm right.

The wiki page says that series 5 in scheduled to begin broadcasting on BBC America on April 17th and that the DVD of the series is scheduled for a June 7th release.

Also that 'The Time of Angels','Flesh & Stone' and 'Vampires in Venice' will be the name of the 4th,5th and 6th episodes.

Bill Nighy is also scheduled to appear in the new series.

:P:P:P

Are you sitting down Langdale?

I have some very bad news.

You may already know this but it hasn't been posted in here so i thought i would write it...

James Cordon is a charactor in one of the new episodes...it's confirmed.It's also confirmed as a ''comedy,light-hearted'' episode as a break from the dark pace that Moffat is generally going to create.

The episode is to be called 'The Lodger' and the plot is that The Doctor has mis-set the controls of the TARDIS and lost it along with Amy Pond and must wait out his time on earth until it returns,when ever that may be.

He pretends to be a reular bloke and rents a room in Cordon's charators house and the two behave like ''Men Behaving Badly''.I'm guessing that Cordon is his usual one dimensional self.

:P

Please respond so i know you haven't smashed your computer in a fit of rage. :(

This is not an early April fools.

What the.....................

James f**king cockface w**kstain Corden????!??!???

What the f**k?! In Dr Who? How can a talentless waste of oxygen get a part in the show? I mean c'mon - I'd rather see George Dubya get a part but this twat?

No, no, no, no, no, no, no and NO.

For f**ks sake - is this what is happening to the show I love? Any arrogant, ignorant, irritating prick who pollutes our screen gets a part?

F**king bollocks. Seriously - absolute f**king shite. Which f**king bastard w**kerish c**t has allowed this complete jizzstain to feature?

'Comedy'? 'Light-hearted'? FFS - it's not going to be either. Unless we see that nobhead being brutally savaged by a pack of vultures. Now THAT would be light hearted comedy.

This is going to be extremely uncomfortable viewing. FFS - this total bellend being in my favourite show is as bad as finding out Jonathan Woss is my next door neighbour.

Awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful decision. What are you DOING, Moffatt? The rest of this series had better be f**king good meladdio.

:P :P :P :P

:P:P:P

Are you sitting down Langdale?

I have some very bad news.

You may already know this but it hasn't been posted in here so i thought i would write it...

James Cordon is a charactor in one of the new episodes...it's confirmed.It's also confirmed as a ''comedy,light-hearted'' episode as a break from the dark pace that Moffat is generally going to create.

The episode is to be called 'The Lodger' and the plot is that The Doctor has mis-set the controls of the TARDIS and lost it along with Amy Pond and must wait out his time on earth until it returns,when ever that may be.

He pretends to be a reular bloke and rents a room in Cordon's charators house and the two behave like ''Men Behaving Badly''.I'm guessing that Cordon is his usual one dimensional self.

:P

Please respond so i know you haven't smashed your computer in a fit of rage. :(

This is not an early April fools.

Is it going to be the Lesbian Vampire Episode :(

CLICK

Do they expect it to be disappointing so they are doing a promo tour.

"The tour will target hard-to-reach communities relatively underserved by the BBC.

The locations are Belfast, Inverness, Sunderland, Salford and Northampton."

I didn't know these places were hard to reach :(:P

Edited by Atlanteanlost

What the f**k?! In Dr Who? How can a talentless waste of oxygen get a part in the show? I mean c'mon - I'd rather see George Dubya get a part but this twat?

For f**ks sake - is this what is happening to the show I love? Any arrogant, ignorant, irritating prick who pollutes our screen gets a part?

F**king bollocks. Seriously - absolute f**king shite. Which f**king bastard w**kerish c**t has allowed this complete jizzstain to feature?

'Comedy'? 'Light-hearted'? FFS - it's not going to be either. Unless we see that nobhead being brutally savaged by a pack of vultures. Now THAT would be light hearted comedy.

This is going to be extremely uncomfortable viewing. FFS - this total bellend being in my favourite show is as bad as finding out Jonathan Woss is my next door neighbour.

Awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful decision. What are you DOING, Moffatt? The rest of this series had better be f**king good meladdio.

article-1255644-08913690000005DC-73_468x463.jpg

article-1255644-08911D97000005DC-910_468x474.jpg

article-1255644-089122DF000005DC-743_468x581.jpg

Edited by Tugger2k

That's the correct response to that news :(

But on the positive side, it's only one episode.

I quite like the idea of the stay at home episode. I don't know this Cordon person well enough to hate him, apologies.

I'm just so, so, sorry that the first opportunity you will have to hate him will be via the show.

It's a sad day for Britain.

Those photos made me wretch. It's going to be very painful viewing indeed. I just hope Corden gets murdered in a particularly barbaric, sadistic way at the end.

I'm just so, so, sorry that the first opportunity you will have to hate him will be via the show.

It's a sad day for Britain.

Those photos made me wretch. It's going to be very painful viewing indeed. I just hope Corden gets murdered in a particularly barbaric, sadistic way at the end.

I imagine the idea of a Dr Who episode without the doctor and starring Peter Kay didn't sound too great when first pitched. That that turned out to be not unwatchable in the end.

I can't stand Corden as much as the next guy, but you never know, it might be alright.

But on the whole, it doesn't do anything to quell this feeling inside me that this new series is going to be "a bit rubbish". What with the the fact that I don't like the look of Matt Smith as the doctor, the trailer looked a bit "ZANEY!!!", a gun toting punchey doctor, and rumours of numerous celebrity guests... I'm not brimming with confidence.

I imagine the idea of a Dr Who episode without the doctor and starring Peter Kay didn't sound too great when first pitched. That that turned out to be not unwatchable in the end.

I can't stand Corden as much as the next guy, but you never know, it might be alright.

But on the whole, it doesn't do anything to quell this feeling inside me that this new series is going to be "a bit rubbish". What with the the fact that I don't like the look of Matt Smith as the doctor, the trailer looked a bit "ZANEY!!!", a gun toting punchey doctor, and rumours of numerous celebrity guests... I'm not brimming with confidence.

The Peter Kay one was rubbish. But there's a few differences here.

1. The Doctor and Rose barely featured.

2. It was mainly about Marc Warren, Moaning Myrtle from Harry Potter and Michael from Alan Partridge. Kay didn't feature in it all that much.

3. I like Peter Kay, but HATE James Corden.

4. Despite all the above, it was still shit.

It looks like the Doctor and dickhead Corden throughout this episode. It sounds appalling. This is the first time I've thought "Oi! Moffatt!! NOOOOO!" as I actually like the look of Smith's Doctor and the trailer. But this? Man, this is hard to take.

noted, filed and stored! :P

I will find the names and addresses of all your friends (I'm sure that won't take long) and photshop a picture of you feltching Sol Campbell and send it to them. You appalling human being, you,

Hey LW...

I think you forgot to say this in that happy tirade...

No I didn't. Corden is beyond cockwombleness. Few people are, but he's one of them.