Dr Who revealed

tinygreendragon

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Series 5 episodes 8 and 9 sound very good if only for a wee mention of a certain set of creatures from the mid 70s! :P I still havent got over those episodes!

Series 5 episodes 8 and 9 sound very good if only for a wee mention of a certain set of creatures from the mid 70s! :P I still havent got over those episodes!

Yeah, I wonder

if that creature at the end of the new trailer is an updated Silurian?

Anyway - as an aside, did anyone realise that the lady who won the BAFTA for best actress is none other than the gorgeous Carey Mulligan who played Sally Sparrow in Blink?

I think it deserves a photo. She's lovely.

20090902_234024_carey_mulligan_.jpg

Edited by Langdale Wolf

Silurians? As long as it's better than "The Warriors of the Deep" we should be fine.

The Ranii? Worst. Character. Ever. Should have left that one well alone. I mean, for starters she's a Time Lord. He's meant to be the last time Lord. Apart from the Master. And all the other ones. And now that old witch too.

Unless it's Polly Walker. But I'd rather her be a Romana than a Ranii.

Polly Walker in 3-D though, in Clash of the Titans. Worth thinking about, isn't it?

Silurians? As long as it's better than "The Warriors of the Deep" we should be fine.

The Ranii? Worst. Character. Ever. Should have left that one well alone. I mean, for starters she's a Time Lord. He's meant to be the last time Lord. Apart from the Master. And all the other ones. And now that old witch too.

Unless it's Polly Walker. But I'd rather her be a Romana than a Ranii.

Polly Walker in 3-D though, in Clash of the Titans. Worth thinking about, isn't it?

Yup - we don't want a Warriors of the Deep-type mess. Even with a comedy myrka.

I don't see the point of The Rani. He's got a nemesis who is also a Time Lord - why bother with another one?!

To be fair to Kate O'Mara though, the 2 Rani stories were absolutely dreadful. Time and the Rani is probably the worst Dr Who story ever. It's horrible to watch. I remember thinking it was crap when I was 7. Maybe it could work if they get a better storyline? And a decent Rani?

One thing that is constantly on my mind with all this, is that Stephen Moffat has the final say. And that is a good thing.

Polly in 3D. Amazing.

Yup - we don't want a Warriors of the Deep-type mess. Even with a comedy myrka.

I don't see the point of The Rani. He's got a nemesis who is also a Time Lord - why bother with another one?!

To be fair to Kate O'Mara though, the 2 Rani stories were absolutely dreadful. Time and the Rani is probably the worst Dr Who story ever. It's horrible to watch. I remember thinking it was crap when I was 7. Maybe it could work if they get a better storyline? And a decent Rani?

One thing that is constantly on my mind with all this, is that Stephen Moffat has the final say. And that is a good thing.

Polly in 3D. Amazing.

I have to say, Kate O'Mara is one actress I've never like in anything I've seen her in. Triangle was one of the worst series ever. She was the sex interest in it. On a boat that went in a triangle from Hull to Ostend. It was about a sexy as a car-crash.

Polly Walker plays Cassiopeia. Who claimed she was fitter and hotter than some nymphs or something. I'd certainly like to see that particular scene.

Polly Walker plays Cassiopeia. Who claimed she was fitter and hotter than some nymphs or something. I'd certainly like to see that particular scene.

What is this programme? You need to expand on this point. It sounds FINE.

What is this programme? You need to expand on this point. It sounds FINE.

The 3D cinematic release of the remake of the Clash of the Titans. Polly Walker playing a hot queen in glorious 3D and being like twenty feet tall on the screen in front of me.

Yeah, I wonder

if that creature at the end of the new trailer is an updated Silurian?

Apparently so, possibly even a couple of variations thereof. Interesting 'spoilers', wait and see what happens. The

Doctor as a girl

thing will never go away.

I thought Moffat had said he doesn't want to overload on returning monsters, but you can't take anything the programme makers say too seriously I guess. And I'm sure I remember an interview with Gaiman years back where he said Warriors Gate was his favourite episode ('cause it's mine too) so that would give credence to that rumour.

On that link to the Dr Who fan site it certainly indicated

that eps 8&9 are a evolution of the Silurians.

Which Dr Who episodes previously featured them?

And what is the best way to go about seeing old Dr Who episodes without parting with money for dvds etc?

On that link to the Dr Who fan site it certainly indicated

that eps 8&9 are a evolution of the Silurians.

Which Dr Who episodes previously featured them?

And what is the best way to go about seeing old Dr Who episodes without parting with money for dvds etc?

Dr Who and the Silurians (1970) - a classic.

And Warriors of the Deep (1984) - an abomination. This one featured the Sea Devils and Silurians.

As for the Sea Devils, they made their first (and only other) appearance in The Sea Devils (1972) which is one of my all-time favourites.

Probably the cheapest way is buying them on VHS from ebay - I've got a shedload. But no VHS player at the mo!! Some are dirt cheap now - especially since most of the 'valuable' stories are now on DVD.

Probably the cheapest way is buying them on VHS from ebay - I've got a shedload. But no VHS player at the mo!! Some are dirt cheap now - especially since most of the 'valuable' stories are now on DVD.

nearly every episode available is on daily motion*

but here is part 1 of what your after, the others should be linked*

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8r1fs_do...rt-1_shortfilms

*this knowledge is widespread and does not in anyway indicate geekhood on my part when it comes to doctor who

nearly every episode available is on daily motion*

but here is part 1 of what your after, the others should be linked*

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8r1fs_do...rt-1_shortfilms

*this knowledge is widespread and does not in anyway indicate geekhood on my part when it comes to doctor who

It can't be that widespread - I've never heard of it!!!

Ah well - f**k the Champions League - there's my Tuesday night sorted.

Thanks, Tugs.

Great...another excuse to stay up til 4am every night. Its a good thing the Winter Olympics is waning in interest :P

So I have finally managed to watch the beginning of Series 4 (living in Oz 2 years ago kind of hindered me and I missed the first 5 episodes when they were repeated just before Xmas last year). Just watched Fires of Pompeii and no doubt the Whovians on here already know that Matt Smith's companion Karen Gillan appeared as a soothsayer but that was cool to see her appearing in an earlier episode.

I wonder if there will be any hint of a reference to the appearence although its not really needed unlike Freema Agyeman's reincarnation from Adeola Oshodi to her spitting image 'cousin' Martha Jones!

I remember there was a while when Russell Tovey (Midshipman Alonso Frame in Voyage of the Damned) was being considered for the 11th Doctor's role too.

I'm trying to rack my brain for other bit characters who I'd like to see return as someone else...Carey Mulligan/Sally Sparrow springs to mind but she was may more than a bit character.

I'm trying to rack my brain for other bit characters who I'd like to see return as someone else...Carey Mulligan/Sally Sparrow springs to mind but she was may more than a bit character.

You're kidding right?

Carey Mulligan is a Bafta / possible Oscar winning actor now. She'd be far too expensive to get back on Who, unfortunately.

Now... Georgia Moffett on the other hand :P

Edited by Halcyon

So I have finally managed to watch the beginning of Series 4 (living in Oz 2 years ago kind of hindered me and I missed the first 5 episodes when they were repeated just before Xmas last year). Just watched Fires of Pompeii and no doubt the Whovians on here already know that Matt Smith's companion Karen Gillan appeared as a soothsayer but that was cool to see her appearing in an earlier episode.

I wonder if there will be any hint of a reference to the appearence although its not really needed unlike Freema Agyeman's reincarnation from Adeola Oshodi to her spitting image 'cousin' Martha Jones!

I remember there was a while when Russell Tovey (Midshipman Alonso Frame in Voyage of the Damned) was being considered for the 11th Doctor's role too.

Nerd alert - Colin Baker appeared in the show before he was cast as the Doctor. And shot Peter Davison. He played Commander Maxil - a soldier on Gallifrey.

Agree with Halcyon - we won't see the lovely Carey Mulligan in the show now which is a shame as she is fit. Georgia Moffett is a possibility but not sure what they'd do with her character.

I'm still hoping for a return for Romana. With Polly Walker.

Agree with Halcyon - we won't see the lovely Carey Mulligan in the show now which is a shame as she is fit. Georgia Moffett is a possibility but not sure what they'd do with her character.

Oh I don't know. Sir Derek Jacobi? Brian Cox? Timothy Dalton? Hardly run-of-the-mill BBC bit part players. :P It'd be a great bit of publicity for both her and the show, and need be no more than a chance passing in a street type scene or something.

And Jenny just screamed 'spin-off show character' to me. Not sure how she could come back, have to see what they do with Matt Smith's character, if it's more lonely god stuff then maybe a family member sacrifice or something.

Edited by radish

Oh I don't know. Sir Derek Jacobi? Brian Cox? Timothy Dalton? Hardly run-of-the-mill BBC bit part players. :P It'd be a great bit of publicity for both her and the show, and need be no more than a chance passing in a street type scene or something.

I was thinking more along the lines of a permanent companion. I thought Sally Sparrow was a great character.

Nerd alert - Colin Baker appeared in the show before he was cast as the Doctor. And shot Peter Davison. He played Commander Maxil - a soldier on Gallifrey.

Arc of Infinity wasn't it.

And that Polly Walker thing - that was my idea!

Arc of Infinity wasn't it.

And that Polly Walker thing - that was my idea!

Yes it was.

And yes it was.

Oh I don't know. Sir Derek Jacobi? Brian Cox? Timothy Dalton? Hardly run-of-the-mill BBC bit part players. It'd be a great bit of publicity for both her and the show, and need be no more than a chance passing in a street type scene or something.

Which episode was Brian Cox in?

Russell Tovey is rumoured to be part of the cast for the next series of Torchwood and if we are talking about actors coming back then what about Peter Capaldi who played Karen Gillan's dad and then John Frobisher in Torchwood.Infact Eve Myles appeared origionally Ecclestones era.

Which episode was Brian Cox in?

Russell Tovey is rumoured to be part of the cast for the next series of Torchwood and if we are talking about actors coming back then what about Peter Capaldi who played Karen Gillan's dad and then John Frobisher in Torchwood.Infact Eve Myles appeared origionally Ecclestones era.

That Nicholas Courtney kept on coming back too.

That Nicholas Courtney kept on coming back too.

And Michael Wisher.

And John Scott-Martin who played a Dalek as well as other monsters.