BENI LINE UP!

Guest festival*girl

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone was specting more headliners and fiberfib confirmed that Oasis, FF, The Killers and Kings of Leon would be the only headliners (I'm not sure if Paul Weller is a headliner or not), Plus they are almost sold out, so another headliner would be a waste of money for the organization.

Everyone was specting more headliners and fiberfib confirmed that Oasis, FF, The Killers and Kings of Leon would be the only headliners (I'm not sure if Paul Weller is a headliner or not), Plus they are almost sold out, so another headliner would be a waste of money for the organization.

you're probabaly right to be honest

Point i was making was it was originally announced as Weller, FF and KoL as headliners, i assume weller was going to headline up until oasis and killers were announced, now hes underneath KoL on the friday. It would be a shame if they just look at it as the tickets are sold then thats enough, i personally rate the lineup so far to be on par with leeds/reading and better than the other festivals in the uk currently, big act wise atleast. If you look at arctics tour dates on their website then beni would fit in perfectly and the addition would make it far better than the other uk festivals, i know some will disagree but from a commercial standpoint that is the case.

Depends which way they look at it i suppose, i think if they announced another big act it would obviously lower profits but the popularity for 2010 would rise immensely.

Don't get me wrong i am absolutely delighted with the lineup :P and the music probabaly doesn't even equate to half the reason why im going, would just be a shame if they were only bothered about selling the tickets rather than putting the best fest on possible.

people say the same thing year in year out about the line up for beni, and year in year out people still go and have a great time no matter who's playing! it would be great if it was the best line up in the world ever, but it's never going to be the case. if there's 3 bands per day that i really want to see then that's my money's worth and the rest is a bonus plus the fact it's gonna be f**king roasting :)

people say the same thing year in year out about the line up for beni, and year in year out people still go and have a great time no matter who's playing! it would be great if it was the best line up in the world ever, but it's never going to be the case. if there's 3 bands per day that i really want to see then that's my money's worth and the rest is a bonus plus the fact it's gonna be f**king roasting :)

I must admit after seeing the first announcement i was hoping the rest of the line up would live up to the same standard and produce a fantastic lineup but i have so far been disappointed.

Having said that, last time i was there i missed so many bands that i would happily have gone to see at a British festival just because i was busy doing other things, the line up almost becomes irrelevant.

Yes its a music festival and yes the headline acts look great but as this is Benicassim and NOT a British festival located in the middle of nowhere, with nothing to do in the surrounding areas and primarily inhabited by chavs just wanting a weekend drinking session i'm not too bothered if the line up produces no further surprises as i know i'll always have something (laying on the beach, the water park, swimming in the sea, investigating Benicassim towns restaurants and bars, the go-kart track and more) to keep me entertained. I see it as a beach holiday that happens to have some great bands thrown in for good measure!! Anyway, some of the best bands I saw last time i was there were those that i'd not have hear of until seeing their names on the line up. I'll trust the organisers to throw as good a party as last time and enjoy every second of it no matter what names they produce between now and then.

I must admit after seeing the first announcement i was hoping the rest of the line up would live up to the same standard and produce a fantastic lineup but i have so far been disappointed.

Having said that, last time i was there i missed so many bands that i would happily have gone to see at a British festival just because i was busy doing other things, the line up almost becomes irrelevant.

Yes its a music festival and yes the headline acts look great but as this is Benicassim and NOT a British festival located in the middle of nowhere, with nothing to do in the surrounding areas and primarily inhabited by chavs just wanting a weekend drinking session i'm not too bothered if the line up produces no further surprises as i know i'll always have something (laying on the beach, the water park, swimming in the sea, investigating Benicassim towns restaurants and bars, the go-kart track and more) to keep me entertained. I see it as a beach holiday that happens to have some great bands thrown in for good measure!! Anyway, some of the best bands I saw last time i was there were those that i'd not have hear of until seeing their names on the line up. I'll trust the organisers to throw as good a party as last time and enjoy every second of it no matter what names they produce between now and then.