Latest Festivals News

Festival Search

eFestivals Camping Store

Recent Topics

Photo

BENI LINE UP!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
275 replies to this topic

#1 festival*girl

festival*girl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 06:26 PM

So just for starters... Kings of Leon, Paul Weller and Franz Ferdinand!!

That's pretty damn good I'd say! I know what santa will be bringing me this Christmas :lol:

I already wish I was there again!!! :lol: x

#2 Brizzle

Brizzle

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:00 PM

That's pretty damn good I'd say! I know what santa will be bringing me this Christmas :lol:

I already wish I was there again!!! :lol: x

at least 2 of those acts played at glasto last year....

#3 TSM1973

TSM1973

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 09:23 AM

Wow....Franz is becoming resident at Beni i think.

Anyway, i agree - itīs a good start, already looking much better than last year. What with summercase looking very unlikely to happen this year i may start to consider this again....but itīs gonna take some special annoucements to get me there.

My fingers are well and truly crossed!

#4 Anthom

Anthom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 10:54 AM

Wow....Franz is becoming resident at Beni i think.

Anyway, i agree - itīs a good start, already looking much better than last year. What with summercase looking very unlikely to happen this year i may start to consider this again....but itīs gonna take some special annoucements to get me there.

My fingers are well and truly crossed!

very good start, just need a couple of decent dance acts and some quality djs and we're all happy
bring on July

#5 hurrell

hurrell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 01:02 PM

defo going to get tickets for this festival now, well good compared to last years headliners

#6 rickjnr

rickjnr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 02:46 PM

looking very good indeed

proper headline acts unlike last years

all we need is oasis and its DONE

#7 chandrasonic

chandrasonic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 08:52 PM

with those kind of names they will better start thinking about some original bands is a deja vu line up,bands like archive,boss hog,the knife,arcade fire will add some class to the festival.

#8 danbrown1983

danbrown1983

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 12:01 AM

That's pretty damn good I'd say! I know what santa will be bringing me this Christmas :D

I already wish I was there again!!! :P x

I agree, I went in 2006 and the line up was great. I was dissapointed with ;ast years festival and line up, but this is stronger already!! :D

#9 hearing_aid

hearing_aid

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 05:19 PM

Its a nice start, always happy to see Franz anywhere, Kings Of leon aren't the band they once were these days but would still be happy to watch. Wellar i can take or leave but still a respectable act. Hope they still manage to spice things up with a some more original acts like last year and some more big names like just announced. Not sure if going to go this year. Ticket prices are already up on last year and overall its going to be a lot more expensive then last year because the pound is f**ked.

#10 festival*girl

festival*girl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 07:19 PM

yeah its a great start to the line-up...i'm certain many more even greater acts will follow! I agree Arcade Fire would be amazing....and Oasis perhaps are very likely!

TSM: How come sumercase is unlikely? my mates trying to go there this yr i think so she mustnt have heard anything!

#11 TSM1973

TSM1973

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 09:46 AM

TSM: How come sumercase is unlikely? my mates trying to go there this yr i think so she mustnt have heard anything!

Check out the summercase 2009 thread. Basically, i have been wondering what the hell is going on as by this time last year i had already got my tickets for 2008. I keep checking their website and nothing...so i started to search the net. I posted a link on the summercase thread which is basically saying (rumour of course) that movistar the main sponsor have pulled out and that sinnamon are looking to promote less festies this year coming...all due to the crisis.

I emailed sinnamon and they said that at the moment there is no news on summercae 2009, but not to take any notice of rumours!!

But, due to the fact that the website has not been updated, no dates or anything...itīs not looking good!

#12 festival*girl

festival*girl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 11:43 AM

eurgh...thats bad crack!

well, hallelujah for beni!! although in an ideal world i'd go to both, gutted when they made them the same weekend last yr!

#13 danbrown1983

danbrown1983

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 05:06 PM

eurgh...thats bad crack!

well, hallelujah for beni!! although in an ideal world i'd go to both, gutted when they made them the same weekend last yr!

Personnaly I think that is a good thing. Last year benni wasted a load of our ticket money subsidising Saturday Night Fiber, which looked like an expensive failure in an attempt to compete with Summercase. At least this year they may concentrate on getting some bigger acts that last year. I mean, Ting Tings.... don't get me started!

I think if I go this year I will be camping. It's loads more fun. Everyone take note.... Last year we rented an apartment fronm someone called Christina and we were seriously ripped off. It was miles from the festival and had lots of hidden costs and it took months for us to get some of our deposit back. Be Warned!

#14 katherine:)

katherine:)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 12:31 AM

christina may not bother advertising on this forum...she seems really deadon lak

#15 TSM1973

TSM1973

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:47 AM

Saturday Night Fiber, which looked like an expensive failure in an attempt to compete with Summercase.

Yea...i think itīs brilliant that SNF fell flat on itīs arse!! A blatant attempt to draw people away from summercase to try and get even more money.....

Personally i hope Summercase happens again, i live in Madrid and itīs perfect for me - can get the tube there! Ideally, if it was the weekend before Beni like it was 2 years ago, then i would consider both again - that was awesome!

#16 Giblets

Giblets

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 07:36 PM

Bring back Devo, one of the best acts I have seen at Beni, old men giving it large! :o ... just like me!

#17 danbrown1983

danbrown1983

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 09:24 PM

Bring back Devo, one of the best acts I have seen at Beni, old men giving it large! :o ... just like me!

Devo..... oooh :D

#18 stubbs

stubbs

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 05:56 PM

Devo..... oooh :P

Nah bring back Iggy and the Stooges

#19 festival*girl

festival*girl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:09 AM

Nah bring back Iggy and the Stooges

Woooowwww check out the 'all new' efests forums....pink and white - tres cool!!

Iggy was claaaAAASSSS! speaker jumping microphone screachin wrinkly! just what the beni opening needs!!!!

I am rather excited today! :)

#20 stubbs

stubbs

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 09:52 PM

Woooowwww check out the 'all new' efests forums....pink and white - tres cool!!

Iggy was claaaAAASSSS! speaker jumping microphone screachin wrinkly! just what the beni opening needs!!!!

I am rather excited today! :lol:

Aye but seeing Iggy in them bloody insurance adverts on the telly, id rather he stayed away.

Bring back the Hives instead!!