womad 2009

Guest jags

Mr Diggers looked after me the first year that I went, and I will be eternally grateful to him for it.

Tiny Tea Tent, best place to find us all. I'll wear my eFests t-shirts ;)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to the Independant 15% discount offer was swayed to buy tickets for this year - can't see how it can top the fab weather and vibe of last year - that is why I was reluctant to go this year. Fingers crossed that the weather will be good.

Hope that some of the stalls that were missing last year will be back this year especially the Burrow Hill cider people who were greatly missed! :huh:

• 3 weeks later...

Womad is great but have you noticed how everyone in the crowd for the open air stage piles from the very front of the stage to the very back without filling in the sides?

I'm not complaining as it means that I can get to the very front without even nudging anyone else in the crowd by walking around the crowd to the far side. But its still quite strange.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Unless there is a real change it looks like rain most days, drying up some on the Sat with Sunday being the driest, pray for a change.

Edited by diggers

Really hoping that we won't have a repeat of WOMUD 2007.

If we do have similar conditions, WOMUD will, hopefully, be better prepared? In 2007 it was their first time on the site, and they had had no experience of dealing with thick claggy Worthy farm-type mud.

Anyway keeping fingers and toes crossed, and thinking positive thoughts.....

My 3rd WOMAD this year, really looking forward to it. S'all about a nice chilled out festival after the madness of EXIT.

Hopefully the weather will be kind to us, but i cant see it being as amazing as last year, that surely is too much to ask.

Is there a drum and bass tent again this year? If so, who's DJing?

My 3rd WOMAD this year, the festival has always been a double celebration for me as each year I celebrate my birthday. 07 was my 16th, 08 my 17th and this year will be my 18th on the 27th.

I can celebrate it by buying my first legal pint at midnight! : )

Yeah looking at Metcheck the weather seems to be improving for the weekend.

Sunday looks the best day, i need a good Saturday though because ill be leaving on the Sunday!

If someone could answer my question on drum and bass that would be much appreciated, will there be any? and if so, what DJs?

THANKS!

Yeah looking at Metcheck the weather seems to be improving for the weekend.

Sunday looks the best day, i need a good Saturday though because ill be leaving on the Sunday!

If someone could answer my question on drum and bass that would be much appreciated, will there be any? and if so, what DJs?

THANKS!

I will be coming on Thursday.

Weather still looking knife-edge, but prospects right now seem somewhat improved since over the last few days.

Metcheck for Malmesbury (updated at 18:12 Tuesday)

Met Office for South West England (updated today)

Keep checking these links for updates, but the overall trend seems to threaten much less of a washout than before.

Weather still looking knife-edge, but prospects right now seem somewhat improved since over the last few days.

Keep checking these links for updates, but the overall trend seems to threaten much less of a washout than before.

If we get longish gaps between the showers we should be OK!

Thursday:

Remaining unsettled on Thursday with further showers and some dry and sunny periods. The showers will be widespread but light to moderate. Maximum temperature 20 °C.

Updated: 0241 on Wed 22 Jul 2009

Outlook for Friday to Sunday:

Remaining unsettled on Friday with further showers and some dry and sunny periods.

Becoming drier on Saturday with sunshine for most parts and only isolated light showers. Similar on Sunday.

Updated: 0241 on Wed 22 Jul 2009